• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I was gonna buy a WWE t-shirt, I'd go with a Styles shirt. That's about it. Nothing else current looks good to me.

Kaladin

I think not annualizing WWE games would at least help make the Yukes games a little better or at least more tolerable. But yeah, Data West is convincing me that I don't think they'd ever get above a certain level of "quality". When I hear someone on gaming side say something like "there is no such thing as a lazy developer" I can already tell they have never played a Yukes WWE game

Yeah, I'm probably the biggest fan of the games on NeoGaf and even I will admit they have some fucked up issues.

I don't know what is worse. Something being fucked year to year, or adding a new feature like the interviews in Career Mode and it feeling like something that was programmed by a pre-teen.

klonere

Banned
how does it feel

Cl-CfAfWIAAdWye.jpg:small

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of these days I'm gonna get me one of them yearly sports games again.

Usually I'd say the NHL games but I can't score for shit in those games.

Sephzilla

What ultimately cements Yukes as a lazy bunch of developers in my opinion is that they either don't do much in the way of testing, or they test things and just don't fucking care. Because there have been bugs, both big and small, that would have been easily seen if people just played the fucking game. Like how tag teams would always suddenly become "represented by THE AGENTS" or how in custom arenas you'd always see a half cut-off version of the WWE logo appear in the corner of the screen when the name card would appear.

Like, holy shit, they have no QA standards at all. And, I say this as someone who works in programming/development (not games, mind you), QA is the most important part of the fucking job.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wait for next year, they MIGHT update the engine! I'm curious to see how frostbite works in Fifa

Usually when they do an engine switch, it means the game has little features due to spending most their time tweaking their game on the engine. So I'd probably wait for NHL 19.

I'll probably get FIFA either way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What ultimately cements Yukes as a lazy bunch of developers in my opinion is that they either don't do much in the way of testing, or they test things and just don't fucking care. Because there have been bugs, both big and small, that would have been easily seen if people just played the fucking game. Like how tag teams would always suddenly become "represented by THE AGENTS" or how in custom arenas you'd always see a half cut-off version of the WWE logo appear in the corner of the screen when the name card would appear.

Like, holy shit, they have no QA standards at all. And, I say this as someone who works in programming/development (not games, mind you), QA is the most important part of the fucking job.

Let me know when the bugs are big enough to seriously impact the sales

because people forgive the game for being janky trash as long as XxXSMOKEWILLRISE420XxX can make his CAW and play

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let me know when the bugs are big enough to seriously impact the sales

because people forgive the game for being janky trash as long as XxXSMOKEWILLRISE420XxX can make his CAW and play

The WWE games mimic the problems of their source material

'yeah its years of terribleness... but aj styles is in this one!'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
just letting you guys know that some deathmatch/hardcore indie fed user fiberglass insulation as a weapon

just letting you know

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
just letting you guys know that some deathmatch/hardcore indie fed user fiberglass insulation as a weapon

just letting you know

ouch :(

that's a silent killer though, I can't imagine it looks very impressive. But by god, the pain.

Mahonay

Banned
The WWE games mimic the problems of their source material

'yeah its years of terribleness... but aj styles is in this one!'
There are lots of matches I enjoy watching in WWE, despite the shit writing and booking.

I don't enjoy the act of playing WWE 2K. It's a video game. It needs to play well. If you've failed that then the rest doesn't matter to me, you can pack in as many wrestlers and features as you want. The TV/PPV product at least has good wrestling.

Mahonay

Banned
Presumably to lay out the facts of what happened with as little misinformation about the murders as possible.
This.

Meltz is big on getting the straight forward facts out there, to try and quell the endless rumor mongering that goes on in wrestling.

I hope he's around for many more years. I fear for the state of dirt sheets once he's gone. A lot of it is already pretty bad.

Kaladin

Which 90s faction aged worse in terms of content; DX or the nWo?

nWo. Their angles centered around "who is joining next" and that became tiring quickly and doesn't hold up at all.

DX on the other hand does get repetitive, but the original and post HBK versions are still very watchable.

Fuck that reunion bullshit.

Mahonay

Banned
nWo, purely when you factor in where it went in later years. Just holy fuck. It became one of the main factors in sinking the company. We complain about WWE over exposing good gimmicks, but WCW managed to take a storyline that catapulted themselves way ahead of WWF, and eventually turned it into something that poisoned the company from the inside.

WCW: The company that worked it's self into a shoot

klonere

Banned

DX by far, you could argue NWO hurt more because it popularized the idea of the "cool heel" but the Horsemen were around well before that.

DX's sophomoric humour is infinitely more annoying and kickstarted the worst of that period in terms of lowbrow content which tanked ad rates forever.

Some jokes just go too far Blue.

xpac brought the heat though

So much so he managed to be outed from the company before Kane could return for his revenge.
So instead Kane came back to save AMERICA and perform a Spineroonie.
X Pac had more heat than a Latino in Harlem looking for his Kane
Say what you want about 2K/Yukes (and I do, cause they're shit), but whoever does their trailers needs a gigantic raise.

WWE 2K17 Brock Lesnar "Suplex City" trailer
Yes, I loved it. Great cover too. They should've put in an exclusive beatem up octagon mode, basically it would be Slobber knocker.

Striker

I thought the original trio of Shawn/HHH/Chyna was pretty damn great.
I mean, if you don't count the Hart Foundation and the Nation of Domination, they were. Between the top three stables, they were (especially if you go and watch through the shows again) the least tolerable.

Top Bottom