• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

klonere

Banned
Why are people excited for Yoshi-Hashi??

The great feud with SANADA which managed to be a standout during a very newsworthy BoSJ. Got a great reaction in his win at Dominion and and even better one from the crowd today being announced for the G1. Always gives 100% in every match he's in.

Now he's got the biggest platform possible to prove himself as a singles star so people are excited!

klonere

Banned
If you thought the "You can't wrestle" chants were bad.

Just wait till huge "STEROIDS, STEROIDS, STEROIDS" chants pop up when Reigns returns, despite the fact nobody knows what he popped for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I'd love to see Big Dave Batista vs AJ. That would be some good shit.

Kaladin

I actually wondered how did Dustin take a lot of the heat he was given for being perceived as a homosexual.

I just watched the Raw where they did the personal promo with Dustin and Terri without makeup and costumes. If it was a shoot, he took it pretty hard because he wanted recognition and respect out of being his own thing and he felt the fans didn't respect him or the character.

So Moose had a previous incident of violence back in the day, I think it was more of an argument that got heated. Do you think that will hurt him in signing to NXT?

Mahonay

Banned
So Moose had a previous incident of violence back in the day, I think it was more of an argument that got heated. Do you think that will hurt him in signing to NXT?
Potentially. Wouldn't surprise me if they passed on him for this specific reason. The scouts and HHH are very aware of everyone's background these days before they bring them in.

I just watched the Raw where they did the personal promo with Dustin and Terri without makeup and costumes. If it was a shoot, he took it pretty hard because he wanted recognition and respect out of being his own thing and he felt the fans didn't respect him or the character.
Was this the interview in the ring? Then they started doing the vignettes of their regular life?

I remember Ahmed's entire feud with the nation was "We're both black guys from the hood, but at least I don't bitch about equality!"
Or ot stemed from his previous beef with Farooq the gladiator.

Potentially. Wouldn't surprise me if they passed on him for this specific reason. The scouts and HHH are very aware of everyone's background these days before they bring them in.
The only thing is, I don't think they would've even talked him up if they already knew it. I'm guessing the events with King probably is making them hesistant.
Nope, it was a 2 part piece between 208 and 209 I think. It was a sit down interview from their home.
Ah ok that one. I think that was when the usa started bitching so they did that to show he was just a regular guy doing a character. More of a shoot on Vince's behalf than Dustin. Then you'll see how they play it off 😉

Kaladin

Ah ok that one. I think that was when the usa started bitching so they did that to show he was just a regular guy doing a character. More of a shoot on Vince's behalf than Dustin. Then you'll see how they play it off 😉

They were always odd about Goldust. They were quick to tell the crowd he was a man playing a character often, but at the same time they would turn around and question his masculinity, whether he was transgender or not, whether he was gay or not, ect.

In reality, the Goldust character was just a guy using sexuality as part of his distraction tactics. He had the charisma of a good drag queen and he had the ability to capitalize on the distraction of his opponent in a fight.

They were always odd about Goldust. They were quick to tell the crowd he was a man playing a character often, but at the same time they would turn around and question his masculinity, whether he was transgender or not, whether he was gay or not, ect.

In reality, the Goldust character was just a guy using sexuality as part of his distraction tactics. He had the charisma of a good drag queen and he had the ability to capitalize on the distraction of his opponent in a fight.
It's so crazy, he didn't even know what he was supposed to be and the goat Savio told him to open up. The craziest thing is this, when you know all the dirty secrets of Hollywood & entertainment, his character was even more spot on. That's why they REALLY wanted him to tone down😮

I hope Block A involves Sanada killing Marufuji, Makabe, and Fale in mere seconds.

Sanada, who got rolled up by YOSHI-HASHI again? :p

Seriously though, Marufuji's probably going to go on a big run - definitely can see him beating Okada to be the title challenger at Destruction. Also, Okada vs Marufuji...there's a match I really don't know how it's going to turn out.

It's such a shame how a guy who is the legit strongest man in the world gets booked like a complete loser. Mark would've been THE MAN in the 80s early 90s.....To put Hogan over.

Kaladin

13521918_1103378896400275_5256140058099511962_n.jpg

Zach

So I'm in September '99 now, right? And I'm feeling like WCW has just kind of regressed to their previous lows. Like, not low lows, say, when Hulkamania was running wild in ~'95; just generally dumb-ish WCW wrasslin' lows. There's still some good stuff here and there, along with some nonsensical crap.

But why is ~'99 WCW remembered as the worst thing ever then, Zach?

Well, I feel that people were especially harsh on WCW for two reasons:

1.) We never got an nWo payoff. The nWo was never vanquished. Hollywood Hogan was never truly defeated. He just started acting a little Hulk Hogan-y, and then was injured by new heel DDP, and then came back as The Hulkster. This left hardcore WCW stans (as the kidz say) with a void that endures today.

Clearly -- and I'm sure this was all stupid Hogan's fault -- but clearly Hollywood Hogan (and the nWo) should've been CRUSHED and clearly DEFEATED, and then The Hulkster could go away and have surgery or whatever and then come back apologetically. And then he could've gone for a more organic red-and-yellow run than what's being totally forced right now (in Sept. '99).

2.) The Tude Era was super kewl in '99 and WCW wrasslin' totally suxed. It was just a Trump-y time. Austin and The Rock (among other way worse acts, unfortunately) were exciting and cool. WCW was passe, and consistently overreacted at their sudden uncoolness, instead of just choosing a course and staying it.

So WCW was an easy target, and the pile-up began, and the over-corrections continued, and mergers happened, and WCW was never able to right the ship. But I kind of believe, at least right now, that WCW would've eventually turned it around. They might not have ever been #1 again, but they could've gone back to being a solid #2 American promotion. They just needed a clear direction and different goal (not toppling the WWF).

Valkrai

Just get AKI to make the games, we'll get too notch animation, good controls and production values and an amazing CAW editor, everybody wins.

Long time ago, BoboBrazil mentioned something about Syn Sophia wanting to do another wrestling game.

For 2K, its pointless for them to drop Yukes. The games sell very well and they barely add any new content aside from minor tweaks and roster updates.

Mahonay

Banned
Just get AKI to make the games, we'll get too notch animation, good controls and production values and an amazing CAW editor, everybody wins.
The make niche Japanese arcade and 3DS games now. Most of them are fashion themed games.

I'm going to guess most of the people that made our favorite AKI wrestling games aren't with the company anymore.

Top Bottom