• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Mengetsu

WWE has an awesome B1 Get Another T-Shirt for $5 sale. But I can't find a single current superstar t-shirt I really want.

The shirt I want is the CWC shirt they had the wrestlers wear for the parade thing, but I guess that won't go on sale till the series starts.
Of course this would happen when I don't have the money. I'd buy Styles shirt and get Rollins shirt instantly for 5.00

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cl9qduLXEAABluh.jpg

It's time.

04.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Seriously, WWE2K games need a fresh, next-gen only engine. I can't even bring myself to buy 2K16 on the Steam Sale.

In 2k16, the wrestling is good, better than the previous years, but the game they built around it is a step back from last year.
I find the gameplay and presentation in the WWE 2K games to be barely passable. I play too much other shit to make time for something that feels 100 percent mailed in every year.

Sephzilla

The WWE 2k games are pretty much the #1 example for why annualizing franchises is bad. These games could actually be good if they had another year to polish things up and spend more time on presentation and animations.

imBask

Banned
The WWE 2k games are pretty much the #1 example for why annualizing franchises is bad. These games could actually be good if they had another year to polish things up and spend more time on presentation and animations.

the games take very little effort and sell a decent amount, they don't care.

people in this thread bought WWE 2k16, blame them

Kaladin

I get why people don't like the WWE 2k games. They keep the same shit every year and barely update the things they do.

I guess I'm part of the problem because it's a guilty pleasure for me. I find the gameplay to be passable and fun for a mindless pass time. As long as they do a better job on presentation this year. Career mode which is my favorite mode was fucked.

But once you're on stable platform, the annual titles should be getting incrementally better right? They have a year where they take out a few characters, add a few characters and the rest of the time should be making the game better.

The only time they have an excuse for the game being as bad as it is is when there's true next gen consoles being released.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
that new scott hall dvd comes out like a week before my birthday

it's a sign
speaking of that

Cl96OSgUYAEyV3W.jpg:small

KOTR 1998. Ken "Steroids are the devil" Shamrock. right here.

I went on a field trip to some rally where a post-WCW Lex Luger told us about how bad steroids and performance enhancing drugs are
4e0727deecaa501c58126b5dc48dc9a1.jpg

Is there an official (unofficial) Wrasslgaf Championship Title? If there was one, I'd name the main one the Captain's Heavyweight Championship

Mahonay

Banned
But once you're on stable platform, the annual titles should be getting incrementally better right? They have a year where they take out a few characters, add a few characters and the rest of the time should be making the game better.

The only time they have an excuse for the game being as bad as it is is when there's true next gen consoles being released.
I find the base platform of WWE 2K games to be bad. So building on top of that is just different shades of mediocre.
those sideburns/mutton chops are embarassing
Ken Shamrock is a pretty embarrassing person in general.
13495160_506459296206791_936642730192345584_n.jpg

Please be hype.
It will be, friend. Some great impressions from people who attended the tapings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Most of the EA sports games are yearly franchises and while they lack a lot of reworks that they desperately need, they're like the Citizen Kane of video games compared to the WWE games.

Having more than a year wouldn't help Yukes in any meaningful way unless that extra time was spent sending all of their staff back to school to relearn all of their lessons.

Mahonay

Banned
Most of the EA sports games are yearly franchises and while they lack a lot of reworks that they desperately need, they're like the Citizen Kane of video games compared to the WWE games.

Having more than a year wouldn't help Yukes in any meaningful way unless that extra time was spent sending all of their staff back to school to relearn all of their lessons.
Pretty much this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I get why people don't like the WWE 2k games. They keep the same shit every year and barely update the things they do.

I guess I'm part of the problem because it's a guilty pleasure for me. I find the gameplay to be passable and fun for a mindless pass time. As long as they do a better job on presentation this year. Career mode which is my favorite mode was fucked.

The gameplay is pretty rough.

I find the base platform of WWE 2K games to be bad. So building on top of that is just different shades of mediocre.

Well yeah, that's just because yukes is garbage.

I'm just defending the idea of annualisation for sports games. In theory each year the game should become more feature rich.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like it's not like annual Tony Hawk games where you're like 'man this used to be good but you've run it into the ground and haven't given them time to find new ways to spice up their gameplay'

Yukes is always bad.

Sephzilla

I think not annualizing WWE games would at least help make the Yukes games a little better or at least more tolerable. But yeah, Data West is convincing me that I don't think they'd ever get above a certain level of "quality". When I hear someone on gaming side say something like "there is no such thing as a lazy developer" I can already tell they have never played a Yukes WWE game

Top Bottom