• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Toki767

Shelton, like Carlito, was lazy back then. Put in the bare minimum and only did spots for shit like MITB.

I don't think it was due to being lazy so much as 10 years ago, work rate didn't mean anywhere near as much as it does now.

Cesaro is basically the equivalent of Shelton right now. Except less athletic, but much better in the ring.

Browny

Banned
So does that mean Nakamura will never get a belt?

Nakamura definitely isn't lazy...

Also doesn't need a belt to be great. But fuck me if he gets the IC or US strap, dat 50/50 booking from Vince...

Also just watched Rollins bury Reigns. Good job.

Adree

Nakamura definitely isn't lazy...

Also doesn't need a belt to be great. But fuck me if he gets the IC or US strap, dat 50/50 booking from Vince...

He phones in his tv matches. I don't have a problem with it, I'd rather him put it all out there for Takeovers (and beyond) and just come out and do his finisher on jobbers on TV.

Adree

I don't think it was due to being lazy so much as 10 years ago, work rate didn't mean anywhere near as much as it does now.

Cesaro is basically the equivalent of Shelton right now. Except less athletic, but much better in the ring.

It's ridiculous how good the average match on tv is now.

Just watched that New Day/Wyatt segment and it seems like a cool angle. Even though I think Kofi and Big E treating them like the jokes they are and will forever be is the right way to go, Xavier being scared is interesting, not so much because it makes the Wyatts looks scary (impossible, as I said they are jokes) but because it adds a much needed dimension to New Day.

Can't believe Bray is back to being a heel. He was almost interesting.

Toki767

How's that?

There was just no upward mobility for the guy whether he put on good matches or not at the time. So no real reason for him to go all out on TV.

These days though. If you continually put on good matches, the crowd will actually get behind you a fair bit.

Shelton's probably in the best form of his career at the moment, if WWE want to bring him back now is definitely the time. He could kill it with the likes of AJ.

bjork

There was just no upward mobility for the guy whether he put on good matches or not at the time. So no real reason for him to go all out on TV.

These days though. If you continually put on good matches, the crowd will actually get behind you a fair bit.

What you're saying is true of every era, though.

Browny

Banned
Shelton's probably in the best form of his career at the moment, if WWE want to bring him back now is definitely the time. He could kill it with the likes of AJ.

So many people have upped their game by going to one of the Japanese promotions. I like the fact that NJPW send their young'uns overseas too. Not sure how the 'E could ever do something like that ("here, have one of our cast-offs for whom our creative team have nothing for"), but so many of the current roster would be better off for getting beaten in Japan.

orioto

Good Art™
They have to give some gimmick to that Owens/Zayn match.

Also Zayn is really good on the mic, he has all that is needed to be a champ honestly. We'll have, someday, a championship match between those two, and why not at mania!

Kurita

RAW was entertaining for the most part last night. The Wyatts/New Day feud has some potential, I'm looking forward to it.
Also, Woods looks good with his hair like that.

So many people have upped their game by going to one of the Japanese promotions. I like the fact that NJPW send their young'uns overseas too. Not sure how the 'E could ever do something like that ("here, have one of our cast-offs for whom our creative team have nothing for"), but so many of the current roster would be better off for getting beaten in Japan.

I doubt it's something WWE would ever institute, but I can see it benefiting wrestlers who take the initiative to leave and gain experience on their own. Seems to be working for Juice Robinson/CJ Parker.

klonere

Banned
YOSHI-HASHI is genuinely one of the most over people in all of NJPW right now. I saw people jump out of their seats when he rolled SANADA up. The crowd was incredibly noisy during the closing stretch as well.

Hard to conceive of at the start of the year.

Fox318

new carny of the year nominee

http://411mania.com/wrestling/first-names-announced-for-wrestlecon-2017/

Wrestlecon has announced the first names for Wrestlecon 2017. The event takes place from March 30th to April 2nd, 2017 (WrestleMania 33 weekend) in Orlando, Florida. The first names announced for signings and pictures are as follows:

The Godfather, Jimmy Snuka, Madusa, Tito Santana, Paul Orndorff and Greg Valentine as well as Hornswoggle, Perry Saturn, Vader, Col. Robert Parker/Robert Fuller, Jim Mitchell, Hillbilly Jim, The Boogeyman, Lanny Poffo, Outback Jack, The Headbangers, Barry Horowitz, Jillian Hall, The Godwins and Winter/Katie Lea Burchill.

I'm not sure what's worse... wrestlecon hiring somebody who is undergoing a murder charge, Snuka claiming he isn't for to stand trial but he's taking public appearances, or if Snuka isn't mentally there his family using him.

miserable

YOSHI-HASHI is genuinely one of the most over people in all of NJPW right now. I saw people jump out of their seats when he rolled SANADA up. The crowd was incredibly noisy during the closing stretch as well.

Hard to conceive of at the start of the year.

buncha CHAOS marks in Osaka

Jamie OD

Just watched that New Day/Wyatt segment and it seems like a cool angle. Even though I think Kofi and Big E treating them like the jokes they are and will forever be is the right way to go, Xavier being scared is interesting, not so much because it makes the Wyatts looks scary (impossible, as I said they are jokes) but because it adds a much needed dimension to New Day.

Can't believe Bray is back to being a heel. He was almost interesting.

Xavier is playing the "We shouldn't go in there" guy in horror movies. I like that a lot.

Fox318

That's cool and all, but like always, all they talk about is how cool wrestling used to be in the late 90's and early 00's. Not a single word on the current product.

But it's a nice gesture from WWE to make that custom belt. And it looks expensive as hell
Meanwhile he had the smoking skull belt on the flight.

The look of the company is that those people you listed all have strong appearances that can be easily tied to their gimmicks. Dean Ambrose wears a tanktop and jeans becuase he's a crazy wacky wildman, Zayn wears checkerboard tights with arabic on it because he's way into ska and his heritage, Owens wears crappy gym shorts because he's supposed to be a prize fighter/bruiser, John Cena wears jorts because no one else was at the time nadh e has tiny legs

Gallows wears a tanktop with a gas mask because he thinks gas masks are cool? Anderson wears a fairly generic pair of black trunks that signify nothing about him. And given that the generic black trunks look usually menas you're a 'wrestler first, gimmicks second' kind of guy, Anderson never displays that.

I agree here 100%. Gallows and Anderson look like the most generic, boring wrestlers. Gallows especially looks out of place, slow and just boring as hell. Anderson looks like someone you'd make in 'create-a-wrestler'. neither of them have any charisma or anything. Just boring as f.

The Social outcasts are great and I'm so happy to see this turn into something a little more.

Enzo & Cass are just getting more and more corny. Getting fans to do the wave, really? Worst thing in sporting ever. They also need to get better with the SAWFT delivery. It just feels so forced at this point.

I agree here 100%. Gallows and Anderson look like the most generic, boring wrestlers. Gallows especially looks out of place, slow and just boring as hell. Anderson looks like someone you'd make in 'create-a-wrestler'. neither of them have any charisma or anything. Just boring as f.
Brain Busters 2.0?

Kurita

Anderson could use a better gear but his "Man, I'm sorry" last week were hilarious so I can't hate the guy

Raw earns an 8/10 just for having THE DEMON Kane on it as the mystery opponent quashing ridiculous hopes from silly people that their favourite Indy darling would turn up in the big leagues randomly to win the IC title.
They need to get on Kane's level and I look forward to seeing where the Kane cycle goes from here.
We could go wacky tag team with Miz or perhaps another addition to Kane's harem with Maryse, I for one am very excite.

Shook Xavier was also good, not just because of the use of shook from Bray but because someone's actually selling the Wyatt family as something to be feared, he's taking one for the team.

klonere

Banned
Whoa. Are these from new S3 tapings? Last I'd heard,
Sexy Star
was the S3 champ.

That reign lasted an episode at most.

Vader WAS UWFI champ at the time. Now he's just a washed up fat piece of shit.

0uMc8Qi.gif

Top Bottom