• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They were right. Either Roman is on camera or people are asking where Roman is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's time
SrQr3IL.png

AoLJQSc.png

Meh Jr wants to make fun of Molly just because she doesn't want to be like the rest of the women who just show their bodies for no good reaaon. Good for Molly to save herself, she's a good one.

DMczaf

"I was a little snug, I took care of the business"

I love how Austin is so fucking carny. I bet he orders food with carny talk.

Zach, here you go

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2016/06/28/full-list-of-this-weeks-wwe-network-additions-62116-62716/

WCW Monday Nitro

Nitro 205 – 08/23/1999 (MGM Garden Arena – Las Vegas, NV)

Nitro 217 – 11/15/1999 (Alltel Arena – Little Rock, AR)
Nitro 219 – 11/29/1999 (Pepsi Center – Denver, CO)
Nitro 222 – 12/20/1999 (Baltimore Arena – Baltimore, MD)
Nitro 223 – 12/27/1999 (Astrodome – Houston, TX)
Nitro Millenium Special – 12/29/1999 (WCW Headquarters – Atlanta, GA)

The crazy thing about AJ Styles is all the regularly accepted style of greats work a very specific style. Flair, Macho Man, Misawa, Bret, whoever. You have a great match with Bret, it's a great Bret Hart match. You have a great match with Macho Man, it's a great Macho Man match.

AJ does that shit with his opponent's style.

Yeah, AJ gets his shit in while still making his opponents look like a million bucks every time. He IS what the internet PRETENDED Ziggler was for years.

Tagyhag

As someone who wasn't a big fan of the brand split back in the day, I think this time they understand what they need to do in order for it to succeed.

Not to mention that the roster is so stacked with talent (And even more on the way) both shows could, in theory, be watchable.

Pleaaasseee don't fuck this up.

Striker

As someone who wasn't a big fan of the brand split back in the day, I think this time they understand what they need to do in order for it to succeed.

Not to mention that the roster is so stacked with talent (And even more on the way) both shows could, in theory, be watchable.

Pleaaasseee don't fuck this up.
Have you seen the talent they had in 2002-2003? And they still were fucking that up. Partly because a cerain someone was reluctant to put several babyfaces over and instead tried to be like Ric Flair (minus the part where Flair lost to a lot of guys).

They don't have that kind of ego ruining the show atm at least.

UberTag

Have you seen the talent they had in 2002-2003? And they still were fucking that up. Partly because a cerain someone was reluctant to put several babyfaces over and instead tried to be like Ric Flair (minus the part where Flair lost to a lot of guys).

They don't have that kind of ego ruining the show atm at least.
They also don't have the kind of creative vision they had running Smackdown back then, either.

bjork

It blows mind that Shelton Benjamin never won the WWE title or WHC. Dude was a probably one of the best wrestlers WWE had.

His character was the only thing that held him back. As a singles dude you had him and his mama, and then when he was Rock lite. Personally I'd take the Shelt over the Rock, but no one in the crowd was buying it. It's a shame because he was super fun to watch in the ring.

He was black though.

There's also this. If you go down the list of black dudes that should've/could've had the belt and it would've made sense, it's got some top names on it.

His character was the only thing that held him back. As a singles dude you had him and his mama, and then when he was Rock lite. Personally I'd take the Shelt over the Rock, but no one in the crowd was buying it. It's a shame because he was super fun to watch in the ring.

There's also this. If you go down the list of black dudes that should've/could've had the belt and it would've made sense, it's got some top names on it.

Shelton's Mama angle... I had forgot all about that.

Adree

Please dont say this T_T I'm gonna be there and I'd like to see Dean retain or if he has to drop it then drop it to Seth.

Ain't no chance he comes back the first day after a suspension so bad they just publicly shat on him on Raw and gets the belt. Now the month after is a different story.

I think it says a lot that the only black world champs the WWE has ever crowned are The Rock, Booker T & Mark Henry (the latter two only winning on Smackdown during the brand split, so it only kinda counts).

Adree

Not that I would bet, but this seems like it'd be worthy of a bet.

I considered it but only a fool bets on what the WWE will do.

I imagine he will still be in the chase, and the top babyface on one of the brands. It's not like he'll be jobbing out on Superstars. It'd make a for a hilarious time for Orton to appear and cost him the win.

Toki767

I think it says a lot that the only black world champs the WWE has ever crowned are The Rock, Booker T & Mark Henry (the latter two only winning on Smackdown during the brand split, so it only kinda counts).

The Rock is still the only (half) black person to hold the WWE Championship too. Booker T and Mark Henry only had the World Heavyweight Championship.

Browny

Banned
It blows mind that Shelton Benjamin never won the WWE title or WHC. Dude was a probably one of the best wrestlers WWE had.

Best wrestlers? Probably yes.

Vacuous personality? Yes. Give him a manager and I would have bought it. Abraham Washington, for example.

Also, I take it last night was not the night... both Raw and football... lol.

Adree

Also, I take it last night was not the night... both Raw and football... lol.

I thought it was a pretty good episode? They put Roman on blast which is more than I expected and teased altering the main event with some good matches on Raw.

eNxoHGX.jpg

Not that I would bet, but this seems like it'd be worthy of a bet.

I think I'll take that. Avatar bet on if Reigns wins the title at Battleground. If he wins, I choose your avatar until he loses the belt again. If he loses, you choose my avatar until he wins it back. Any takers?

Toki767

I considered it but only a fool bets on what the WWE will do.

I imagine he will still be in the chase, and the top babyface on one of the brands. It's not like he'll be jobbing out on Superstars. It'd make a for a hilarious time for Orton to appear and cost him the win.

I think the answer will be obvious depending on if Reigns gets mentioned on the Draft. You know he would have easily been the first or second choice (and he still might be).

Adree

I think the answer will be obvious depending on if Reigns gets mentioned on the Draft. You know he would have easily been the first or second choice (and he still might be).

They'll have to mention him. Maybe say that since he's on suspension he's off of the Draft until Battleground and they figure out where he'll be there. I'd be shocked if they separate the Shield though, they have lots of money to be made there even after this 3-way.

Top Bottom