• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

What a clothesline
29mgb2owmb6x.gif

Hey girl

Ambrose really is awful but isn't he easily the most over guy in WWE except for Cena? I don't mind him being champ because they already sullied the prestige by having Sheamus, Reigns, and Rollins carry the title. Fuck it.

What's that got to do with whether he deserves to have a run as champion?

The irony is the chanting you can't wrestle at Roman combined with the celebration of Ambrose. If wrestling ability is what the crowd wants to focus on, then hoisting Ambrose is the source of the irony.

Mahonay

Banned
Ambrose really is awful but isn't he easily the most over guy in WWE except for Cena? I don't mind him being champ because they already sullied the prestige by having Sheamus, Reigns, and Rollins carry the title. Fuck it.
It's the one thing he does that really stands out. Gets himself over with crowds pretty easily.

dream

why does wrasslegaf hate ambrose

I'm sick right now, so I'm watching WWE Smackdown!. Ambrose came out on MizTV eating a sandwich. Miz then laid him out. Afterwards, when Ambrose came too, he groggily picked up his sandwich an continued eating it. Ric Flair is rolling over in his grave.

Toki767

I'm sick right now, so I'm watching WWE Smackdown!. Ambrose came out on MizTV eating a sandwich. Miz then laid him out. Afterwards, when Ambrose came too, he groggily picked up his sandwich an continued eating it. Ric Flair is rolling over in his grave.

You mean he's elbowing his jacket. In his boxers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Because he's a noodled arm wrestler with terrible in-ring work. He is referred to as a lunatic but there is nothing crazy about him. He's a goof. Comparing him to Piper, as some have done elsewhere, is just a big no. They're not even close.

They're pretty close. They both cut all their promos with the exact same mannerisms for every. single. promo and both's in-ring ability to make their moves look good deteriorated. Piper's just as ~wacky~ phony baloney shit but he doesn't have the worst commentators on the planet reinforcing it as badly as Dean does.

Comparing Dean to Terry Funk is far, far more insulting.

XenoRaven

They're pretty close. They both cut all their promos with the exact same mannerisms for every. single. promo and both's in-ring ability to make their moves look good deteriorated. Piper's just as ~wacky~ phony baloney shit but he doesn't have the worst commentators on the planet reinforcing it as badly as Dean does.

Comparing Dean to Terry Funk is far, far more insulting.
Remember the Jake the Snake comparisons

Who in the fuck is Richard Grey? This idiot is saying Reigns got popped for Amphetamines and Mary. Does he think Wwe is a 36 Mafia concert?

Fox318

Because his in-ring work is mostly awful.

I like Ambrose as a character, but it's rare that he has a good match. He's a brawler with pillow punches. Not good.
That Y2J cage match is a huge example.

Jericho may have lost a step but he has proved he can still work a good match.

I don't doubt that he should have been the guy with the belt at mania or before that but they jobbed him out so much and most of his promos aren't great.

Plus he suffers from the same shit Roman and bray have in that they don't dress like main event wrestlers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dean Ambrose is just the biggest regression I've ever seen in wrestling. He's 30 and he comes off like a 40 year old Hogan who figured out his spot is set and he doesn't have to give a shit anymore. He looks like he doesn't work out as much nor does he spend as much time practicing in the ring. He looks complacent. You'd like to think being given the title would make him change that, work harder but he just looks like 'eh i got my job i'm not getting fired'

Almost every wrestler gets better in their 30s. Even Mongo got better. Dean gets worse. If you're going to be a brawler, your punches HAVE TO LOOK GOOD! You don't do a lot of moves so your shit has to look convincing. And he's a brawler with arguably the worst worked punches in the WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE desperately needs either more old dudes or dudes that look old
b9228455095e1983ba3cda629fccae7c.jpg

Dash & Dawson look like kids playing dressup with their dads gear

Top Bottom