• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

BFIB

Mine:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-road-warriors-blind-dusty-rhodes-nwa-worldwide-dec-3-1988

Road Warriors spike Dusty Rhodes' eye. Animal gets him. It was etched into my brain. My first wrestling memory!

Ohhhhh, nice topic to bring up Sunny.

Your first wrestling memory?

Mine was WWF Superstars of Wrestling in '89. It was shortly before my birthday and I was bummed out because normally I'd watch Sat. morning cartoons but my brother was all into wrestling. I'd never seen any of it, so I watched it.

Ted DiBiase vs. Sam Houston.

and HOLY SHIT! I just found the episode on Daily Motion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ksage_wwf-superstars-of-wrestling-february-4-1989_sport

In honour of Squared Circle Gazette Radio Podcast's episode this week:

First Memories of Wrestling

What are WrassleGAF's earliest memories of the world of spandex and (alleged) steroids?

For me, I always knew of Hulk Hogan as he was everywhere in the early 90s. Plus, half a dozen boys at primary school had a WWF backpack with Hogan, Legion of Doom and two others on it.

My first time ever watching it would have been about 1991. We didn't have satellite TV, so WWF was impossible to watch. A friend's family did however and whilst I was visiting one day, he was watching wrestling on the TV, so I also watched waiting for Hulk Hogan.

I can't remember if he ever actually showed up and that was it for my wrestling-watching for another decade until I caught an episode of RAW at another friend's house.

Summerslam 1990 for me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That jiff just makes me think about how fucken weird Vince is for wanting to run an angle that Steph was pregnant with Vince's child.

Bear in mind this is the same Vince who ran a storyline featuring Steph getting kidnapped to build heat. Vince is no stranger to involving his own family and going too far.

Heroman

Banned

What are WrassleGAF's earliest memories of the world of spandex and (alleged) steroids?

For me, I always knew of Hulk Hogan as he was everywhere in the early 90s. Plus, half a dozen boys at primary school had a WWF backpack with Hogan, Legion of Doom and two others on it.

My first time ever watching it would have been about 1991. We didn't have satellite TV, so WWF was impossible to watch. A friend's family did however and whilst I was visiting one day, he was watching wrestling on the TV, so I also watched waiting for Hulk Hogan.

I can't remember if he ever actually showed up and that was it for my wrestling-watching for another decade until I caught an episode of RAW at another friend's house.
The earliest I can remember was in 8 and my friend were talking about this new wrestler name john cena and how cool he was.

Anth0ny

Bear in mind this is the same Vince who ran a storyline featuring Steph getting kidnapped to build heat. Vince is no stranger to involving his own family and going too far.

This is the same Vince who strongly pushed an incest angle between him and his daughter but was ultimately talked out of it.

In our house, we had 3 wrestling VHSs that'd I'd essentially watch on loop.

Great American Bash 1990 (Still holds up, although the tape didn't have the first 3 matches on the card)
Capital Carnage (Does not hold up at all).
Battle Royal at the Albert Hall (Not found a good copy to rewatch it, probably shite though).

Since I was like 4 years old at the time, my mum wasn't too fond of Capital Carnage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dang. Sasha and Becky Lynch will be at a store near me tomorrow, like within a handful of miles, and I'll be out of town. Zach, can you go in my stead? Send Becky either Liquidsnake's love, or Aiii's hate.

A4ZxrKk.jpg

Bjork's collection

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ohhhhh, nice topic to bring up Sunny.

Your first wrestling memory?

Mine was WWF Superstars of Wrestling in '89. It was shortly before my birthday and I was bummed out because normally I'd watch Sat. morning cartoons but my brother was all into wrestling. I'd never seen any of it, so I watched it.

Ted DiBiase vs. Sam Houston.

and HOLY SHIT! I just found the episode on Daily Motion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ksage_wwf-superstars-of-wrestling-february-4-1989_sport

Sam Houston. I remember him pretty well. That's awesome you can see the exact episode.

Kaladin

I'm finally 100% back.....what did I miss over the past few weeks?

Also....who the fuck is Berlyn, who did he ever beat?

Kurita

I knew about wrestling ever since I was a child but I actually got into it in 2007 when I was 12/13. I randomly bought Smackdown vs Raw 2007 cause it looked fun, and I then came across a Smackdown episode on TV. I saw Morrison & Miz and thought they were pretty cool so I kept watching.

I knew about wrestling ever since I was a child but I actually got into it in 2007 when I was 12/13. I randomly bout Smackdown vs Raw 2007 cause it looked fun, and I then came across a Smackdown episode on TV. I saw Morrison & Miz and thought they were pretty cool so I kept watching.

Starting to feel really old here lol.

That was when I lapsed as after watching pretty solidly from 1990 when I discovered wrestling at age 5.

Gurrry

Finally watched Ospreay Ricochet match. Simply amazing.

The people whining about there being no selling need to go back to the retirement home. There was just as much selling in that match as there is in any WWE match.

Striker

"In potentially big news, we may now know what drop is hitting the WWE Network in June! While no episodes have been added as of yet, we can confirm that under the Smackdown Replays section, an empty 2005 folder is now available. This likely points to 2004 and 2005 Smackdown being added, which would make sense in keeping up with the RAW uploads.

Interestingly, 2004 already has a fairly substantial amount of Smackdowns added with thirteen, meaning one quarter of the year is already completed. Whether or not this means the drop includes beyond 2005 is anyone’s guess. If this is indeed the case, and 2004 and 2005 are completed, we will only be missing six years of Smackdown until the entire series is complete, which would likely be finished in three more drops."

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2016/06/02/junes-big-wwe-network-drop-potentially-revealed/?wt=6
Smackdown in 2004 is very, very good. Super enjoyable. Even with Cole and Tazz as announcers, it doesn't bring the product down.

This was from Raw right before No Way Out '04, but still a good segment with Austin, Vince, Goldberg, and Heyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_WVM8FUXiM

BFIB

Time to pull my RoH shirt out of the closet, pretty excited to head to the event tonight.

Me and Delirious are eating at Steak n' Shake beforehand.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is the same Vince who strongly pushed an incest angle between him and his daughter but was ultimately talked out of it.
Lol he wasn't talked out it. Steph flat refused to do the angle. So then he proposed making Shane the father and she still wouldn't do it.

Mine was the first one they read out on the show - summerslam 1988, Fink, Rude and his JYD pants. I should have mentioned he takes them down to reveal cheryl ones later lol

I believe so, yes. My favorite LJN figure is Bundy. It's like a dense rubber potato, you could kill an angry animal with it.
Thought so. Those figures look so friendly. I'd like to see them do that style on the new guys just for shits and giggles.

bjork

Thought so. Those figures look so friendly. I'd like to see them do that style on the new guys just for shits and giggles.

Jakks did it in their Classic Superstars line, one per wave for a few waves. I remember there being Rock, UT, Trish, and I think HBK? I have the UT one but I never did find the Trish. It looks super cool, too.

Jakks did it in their Classic Superstars line, one per wave for a few waves. I remember there being Rock, UT, Trish, and I think HBK? I have the UT one but I never did find the Trish. It looks super cool, too.
I never saw these before, they look sweet. I'm sure they go for 50+ a pop.

unicode-9-emojis.jpg

Heyyyy we made it!

Top Bottom