• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Is it bad that I wish for Roman to be injured for a few months forcing Vince to give us something different.

G7YVrDh.gif

Recall

Basically, the sooner Vince retires the better, Triple H might be egotistical but he knows what works and what doesn't.

I think Steph wouldn't allow any serious change as aren't the rumours that she is equally as stubborn as her Dad? If Vince steps down isn't it ion Steph to run the company not Triple H?

klonere

Banned
So Matt Sydal asked for a title shot after his match with KUSHIDA today.

I wonder if we'll actually get KUSHIDA vs Sydal for the title, it was a pretty great match I wonder what the guys could do in a fully built up big time bout.

Fox318

Seth is back and within a week he is a CAW.

Gotta hand it to Vince, hes willing to tank the entire promotion so Roman looks strong and tall.

I wonder if that's why Roman is always in the ring looking down on the heels like Seth. Its not enough he has the belt and a vest but he also needs to stand on a ladder so he is even biggerer and betterer than the crossfit nazi.

Orton was never a mic talker, even in his OVW days. He's just do action instead of talking about it. I guess some fans dislike wrestlers like that. But then again people mark out for Brock and he's much more of a boring wrestler as Orton

fuck them.

Sephzilla

Orton was never a mic talker, even in his OVW days. He's just do action instead of talking about. I guess some fans dislike people like that.
fuck them.

He's not a big mic talker.

His character is the most boring e-Fed shit ever.

Outside of his crazy RKO spots, his wrestling style is boring as absolute fuck.

Recall

Taboo Tuesday and Cyber Sunday.

Even if it's rigged I always liked the idea of fan voted matches, even if we get another PPV where every match is underwhelming.

Or match type choices where they were all essentially the same thing.

A) No DQ
B) Street Fight
C) Hardcore Match

The power of the illusion of choice.

UberTag

Is it bad that I wish for Roman to be injured for a few months forcing Vince to give us something different.
Perhaps Roman, Cena and Orton could all get injured and we could then ring in the era of indestructible, never loses, Big Cass.

(There's only one person you should be wishing an injury on... and it's not any of the wrestlers.)

He's not a big mic talker.

His character is the most boring e-Fed shit ever.

Outside of his crazy RKO spots, his wrestling style is boring as absolute fuck.
Just like Brock WWE tame his character down a lot. Had it his way they would be a lot more wrestlers with concussions due to Orton's Viper/Legend killer antics

Kurita

Orton was never a mic talker, even in his OVW days. He's just do action instead of talking about it. I guess some fans dislike wrestlers like that. But then again people mark out for Brock and he's much more of a boring wrestler as Orton

fuck them.

I dislike both of them, problem solved!

Taboo Tuesday and Cyber Sunday.

Even if it's rigged I always liked the idea of fan voted matches, even if we get another PPV where every match is underwhelming.

Or match type choices where they were all essentially the same thing.

A) No DQ
B) Street Fight
C) Hardcore Match

The power of the illusion of choice.
I votes for Coach to fight Jericho so Jericho would have an easy match. Instead he went against Shelton and lost. I was pissed.

Anth0ny

Seth is back and within a week he is a CAW.

Gotta hand it to Vince, hes willing to tank the entire promotion so Roman looks strong and tall.

I wonder if that's why Roman is always in the ring looking down on the heels like Seth. Its not enough he has the belt and a vest but he also needs to stand on a ladder so he is even biggerer and betterer than the crossfit nazi.

hopefully the entire promotion dies as a result

that would be so great

"the downfall of wwe" would be a sweet documentary

hopefully the entire promotion dies as a result

that would be so great

"the downfall of wwe" would be a sweet documentary

It'd be like The Fall and Fall of TNA

The book and movie would be great...if it ever finished. Realistically we've got to be nearing the millionth page/thousandth hour of each company's disastrous outcomes/decisions/mistakes

klonere

Banned
I know its fun to think about but if WWE dies, wrestling as a career, artform, entertainment genre will all but die out in the West and probably affect greatly Japanese wrestling as well.

imBask

Banned
I know its fun to think about but if WWE dies, wrestling as a career, artform, entertainment genre will all but die out in the West and probably affect greatly Japanese wrestling as well.

it would comeback stronger years later I think, the current mold is broken and perpetuated by WWE

Pretty much. He's either going to need to be forced out of his job

Not happening. HHH and Steph touch him, the stockholders will abandon en masse. There's no confidence in him or her taking over, especially this soon, and Dunn's an idiot who might be the only one that could make things worse than either of them taking over.

Fox318

People are now spending more money than any other time on wrestling content, merch, tickets, and toys. If the WWE died today it would probably be like the North American Soccer League going out of business in 84. Another league will pop up and continue with different management.

Lets say the WWE has a Sundance Resources plane crash or a major scandal that would cause all current leadership and majority ownership to be toxic.

At the very least somebody will want to buy the tape library to bolster their content library and/or continue wrestling in some capacity. If Wrestling isn't viewed in such a negative limelight they will probably continue touring.

NCAA and Penn State football survived a massive pedophilia scandal only to make more money. Hitchcock continued to direct and get big money projects after what he did to Tippi Hedren so I don't think the popularity of wrestling would implode on itself in such a way that the industry would die.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pretty much. He's either going to need to be forced out of his job or die.

I actually give it a couple of years. He clearly has no clue how to salvage ratings (i.e. push Roman constantly) and when the TV deal comes up, there's no way USA or whatever network picks them up is gonna sign on with him at the Reigns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually give it a couple of years. He clearly has no clue how to salvage ratings (i.e. push Roman constantly) and when the TV deal comes up, there's no way USA or whatever network picks them up is gonna sign on with him at the Reigns.

lol

Just the one, Brain Damage committed suicide. Trent Acid OD'd, but I don't think that was on purpose, while JC Bailey died of an aneurysm, thought to have been brought on by years of severe head trauma.

I made Trent Acid (along with Johnny Kashmere) a top star in my EWR. :(

I think Steph wouldn't allow any serious change as aren't the rumours that she is equally as stubborn as her Dad? If Vince steps down isn't it ion Steph to run the company not Triple H?

Steph pretty much got all of Vince's bad traits and it also being fed by H's own doesn't help. Vince likes or at least respects it when talent shows some fortitude and stands up for themselves but with either Steph or Haitch it seems more like they'll bury you if you don't just do as you're told or speak out.

On the bright side, Kevin Dunn is gone the moment Vince is no longer in control.

Fox318

This power trip is bullshit.

all because HHH didn't want to job.

Its the only reason why the streak is still a thing because HHH was heading towards a face run after mania 17 and frankly the Undertaker probably should have lost that match more than any other.

Kaladin

As with most WWE Network series, Camp WWE has got better as it has gone on. The latest episode focusing on Vince and Austin is hilarious.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I guess that's optimistic (depending on your point of view), but USA literally forced the brand split because they felt like they were getting short-changed on the deal. The reason WWE is profitable at all is the TV deal.

UberTag

They'll land some kind of deal on the basis of all of their Twitter followers and YouTube views. Their ability to command any sort of decent ad rate will diminish so they'll try to address that with sheer quantity of commercials like always.

The above will happen even if Vince and Dunn remain in power, Roman never loses a match and 80% of the active roster gets injured forcing Baron Corbin into the main event. They would also have to let everyone on commentary go apart from Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips as a cost-cutting measure. The ring announcer would get phased out in place of fans from the WWE universe getting to announce wrestlers themselves. And jobbers would be used as officials in between wrestling the 8 or so simultaneous house show tours they'll be juggling.

Top Bottom