• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Barrage

The crazy thing with these Network shows is that they found their footing within the first season. I'd be thrilled for what Season 2 of these shows would bring, although Edge has made it clear it's probably too much work for a Season 2 of the E and C show.

Shit, take the money you woulda spent on an Undertaker appearance and throw that at Edge and Christian.

Fox318

The crazy thing with these Network shows is that they found their footing within the first season. I'd be thrilled for what Season 2 of these shows would bring, although Edge has made it clear it's probably too much work for a Season 2 of the E and C show.

Shit, take the money you woulda spent on an Undertaker appearance and throw that at Edge and Christian.

Anyone excited for season 2 of Jerry Springer Presents WWE Too Hot for TV ?

Adree

Friends, Ty Dillenger's theme is pretty dope

yMvWEy0.jpg

Mahonay

Banned

Edge could just use some other producers on board to help him. Sounds like he's being left to do most of it on his own. Probably not getting a lot in return.

I mean, I guess that's optimistic (depending on your point of view), but USA literally forced the brand split because they felt like they were getting short-changed on the deal. The reason WWE is profitable at all is the TV deal.

They felt they were shortchanged because SD's ratings still suck even after the move. Cancelling SD altogether or dropping it back to Syfy or CW is more likely

It always annoyed me his Triple H refused to job for years, meaning The Rock was the one who put over a lot of the up and coming stars like Kurt Angle and Lesnar. Hell even Hulk Hogan jobbed to the likes of Angle and Lesnar to really go the extra mile putting them over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They felt they were shortchanged because SD's ratings still suck even after the move. Cancelling SD altogether or dropping it back to Syfy or CW is more likely
Canceling SD is a huge money hit though.

Canceling SD is a huge money hit though.

To WWE, yes. To USA, they can't keep paying that money for something that is clearly not successful

They can't both win.

The company's tried for numerous years to get people to watch, with gimmick after gimmick, move after move, addition (HHH) to addition (Cena), and it's never worked. At some point you have to know when it's enough. Either pull the plug altogether or move it (and your expectations of how high an audience it can/should get) back

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really do enjoy the whole "Brother Nero" thing. Like, I'm interested in Matt Hardy.

Honestly he's the only one who can get me interested in Jeff again. He's just...dedicated to the gimmick, and I love it. I really do.

Hex

Banned
Really hoping this Hardy v Hardy feud ends, it gets more ridiculous each time.

You understand that part of the reason TNA still have them is that they gave them the Digital Underground "Do whatcha like" clause in their contract.
Seriously, they come up with this shit out of their asses and TNA is like...um "sounds good!"

Kaladin

So I watched the Ricochet vs Will Ospreay match. I really enjoyed that. I see people love or hate it based on how they feel about flippy acrobatics and choreographed sequences in wrestling, but to me, this match worked in some good psychology with that. You had two wrestlers who knew each other well enough they could reverse an entire sequence multiple times throughout the match. It made way for a match where they had to get lucky or go deep into the well to land things. As the match progressed it wore down both men till you had an eventual winner.

It was a fun psychological spot fest, which IMO is rare.

Zach

Hey, remember that one time I watched an episode of Impact Wrestling?

Impact Wrestling is weird.

- Who is this commentator? Jesus Christ, he's terrible.
- The crowd. Oh, the crowd.
- Jeff Hardy looks healthy. Too bad his schtick makes me long for Roman Reigns.
- I'm kind of enjoying weirdo Matt Hardy, along with his entourage that includes his small child (I think you guys would consider this extremely carny).

Anyway, kinda fun to watch once. Like, in a Battle Dome sort of way.

Heh. And man, I forgot about that commentator. He was so, so, sooo bad. Like, I was thinking, "maybe I should watch their stupid PPV or whatever coming up to see Matt Hardy vs. Brother Nero..." but then that post reminded me of their commentator. Nooope.

bjork

Remember when Matt Hardy tweeted out for weeks with vague shit about dying and killing himself or whatever? That's when I checked out.

Kaladin

I actually have Impact's channel on my Playstation Vue subscription, and can watch it any time I want.

I have yet to start an episode.

klonere

Banned
Heh. And man, I forgot about that commentator. He was so, so, sooo bad. Like, I was thinking, "maybe I should watch their stupid PPV or whatever coming up to see Matt Hardy vs. Brother Nero..." but then that post reminded me of their commentator. Nooope.

Yes, Josh Matthews is the plague. God he is so bad.

somedevil

Wrestlemania 2000 created TNA

TNA was created when Jeff Jarrett got 300,000 dollars to wrestle at No Mercy without a contract.

If this never happened he might of been let in during the WCW vs WWE feud and that might not led to ever TNA being created.

Barrage

Wathing Rollins drugged-out Day 1 promo during his doc...I fucking love it. Reminds me of some shit Macho Man would say if he was groggy after surgery.

Top Bottom