• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lYheHuF.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol someone just suggested AJ is gonna win his feud with Cena because Summerslam is "WrestleMania for Heels."

bjork

Remember the old days when we thought the price guides actually were what our cards were worth?

:(

I was always in agony when some other dude had the new Beckett and I couldn't get to the card shop til that weekend. I had to know if my Will Clark rookies were still worth a "lot."

somedevil

I think he wins the first match dirty.

I think the first match outcome depends on what happens on the NXT show next Wednesday between Joe and Balor. If Balor loses whats left for him to do on the NXT show?

Plus they announced the match and are doing this:

Head to @WWE's Facebook page TONIGHT at 7 ET for @AJStylesOrg' LIVE reaction to his match at #MITB vs. @JohnCena!

Weird doing this on facebook rather then on the network.

UberTag

lol someone just suggested AJ is gonna win his feud with Cena because Summerslam is "WrestleMania for Heels."
Cena does have a recent tradition of losing at Summerslam.
That said, one match does not a feud make. And that's assuming Styles vs. Cena lasts until Summerslam.

UberTag

Everyone's favourite Elimination Chamber match?
I have fond memories of No Way Out 2009. Edge was in both chamber matches that night and effectively traded world title belts. Plus, Cena got beaten in one of the most shocking eliminations that match has ever seen entering last and getting hit by a codebreaker (Jericho), a 619 (Mysterio) and a spear (Edge) in sequence and getting pinned in the span of about 4 minutes.

Kaladin

I have fond memories of No Way Out 2009. Edge was in both chamber matches that night and effectively traded world title belts. Plus, Cena got beaten in one of the most shocking eliminations that match has ever seen entering last and getting hit by a codebreaker (Jericho), a 619 (Mysterio) and a spear (Edge) in sequence and getting pinned in the span of about 4 minutes.

I was having trouble coming up with one, but this one.....this one right here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the first match outcome depends on what happens on the NXT show next Wednesday between Joe and Balor. If Balor loses whats left for him to do on the NXT show?

Plus they announced the match and are doing this:

Weird doing this on facebook rather then on the network.

It's not weird at all.

It's smart to do stuff that's shareable on social media and such.

but he stole it from Blassie. I thought you were watching WWF in order? Or was it just from Raw-forward?
Started at 93but he said it similar to the way I did when talking about 123 kid. I knew who coined it, I just don't know why he didn't name drop Blassie. He was the guy doing ppv voice overs after all.

Angry Grimace

I guess on the plus-side, Meltzer did say earlier he expected that PPVs would have both announcing crews so Mauro will probably get to call matches on the PPVs.

UberTag

The one where John Cena was eliminated in like 30 seconds after coming out his cage.
Here's footage of that elimination direct from WWE's YouTube channel

Edge and Jericho sold the shock of that elimination like a million bucks. And the crowd was genuinely surprised and euphoric. Cena hit his 5 moves of doom, hit the 5-knuckle shuffle on Edge, lifted him up on his shoulders for the F5 and then Jericho hit the codebreaker which set off the litany of finishers and then he was gone.

Yep. He laid out Kofi Kingston and locked himself inside Kofi's chamber where no one could get at him.

Gotta love the logic of how the ref's just "sure, whatever, go ahead". I think it helps make Edge's reaction after pinning Cena too, it's not just "Oh shit, we pinned him.", but there's also the "Bloody hell, I cant' believe they let me away with that in the first place" aspect as well.

Also, this reminds me of how I started watching again when Edge first won the belt... Jeez I picked a good time.

Top Bottom