• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Brock is the person makes by far the least sense to have the MITB briefcase. The point of the briefcase is to put it on weasely fuckers and Brock is sold as a monster heel who beats the fuck out of people.

Also, why didn't Andre just agree to give Ted DiBiase a title match and throw it instead of selling it to him on stage?

RBH

So I went to NXT's show last night in Atlanta at Center Stage. This is the same building where WCW held so many tapings in the 90's. The lot where I parked my car was actually the same lot where they had a WWE truck and their touring bus.

(Apologize in advance for my iPhone 5's shitty camera)

DHGWSrF.jpg

fJxi1sN.jpg

87gcCyt.jpg

3iSzTFc.jpg

AtZgA89.jpg

BJhT2qs.jpg

2015-05-08_095349.jpg

The merchandise stand was near the entrance and had some shirts for Bayley, Finn, and Joe among others. They also had a nice little match card poster that I picked up for $20. Even though they had to change the main event due to Samson's injury, it's still a nice little memorabilia from the evening.

1) No Way Jose def. Tino Sabatelli

The crowd was really into Jose, with tons of people dancing along to his theme. It was nice to see Tino in person after seeing him so much on Breaking Ground. Tino is in amazing shape (probably more so than anyone else we saw tonight), so he's definitely got the looks part down. Scott Hall was actually sitting in the corner of the stage watching this match. This was a decent match with both guys getting the crowd involved. A couple of idiots started chanting boring during a rest-hold spot,
comeon.png
but were quickly shouted down by others in the crowd (this would happen a few times throughout the night, it amazes me how these morons don't realize that those rest-hold spots are necessary for the wrestlers). Jose did the wind-up baseball pitch punch, followed by a variation of an exploder suplex for the win.

2) Carmella def. Peyton Royce

Carmella is fun to watch live. I became a fan of hers in large part due to Breaking Ground. Peyton was initially met with indifference from the crowd, but she and Carmella did a great job, and Peyton actually started to win over a lot of people in the crowd as the match progressed. Peyton did this terrific fisherman suplex during the match that got a big pop. After the match, Carmella was walking back through the curtain and actually walked into a pole that was behind the curtain, ouch. But she enjoyed the night overall:

CZvoTNh.png

3) Andrade "Cien" Almas def. Angelo Dawkins

Since Dawkins hasn't been featured much on TV and Almas has still yet to debut, both guys expectedly got a tepid response to start off. Almas came to the ring in his MEXICAN MALES attire, but then had white pants on underneath. Dawkins got Almas into a rest-hold spot on at least three different occasions, which kinda killed the flow of the match. But Almas showed off some great spots that got the crowd going. The spot where Almas teased diving through the ropes and instead just hung there got a big pop. I think once he debuts on TV, he'll do well. Dawkins had a good bit where every time his headband fell off, he'd admonish the ref to pick it back up for him, which the crowd enjoyed.

4) Tye Dillinger def. Corey Hollis

This was a ton of fun. This was initially supposed to be Dillinger vs. Murphy, but with Elias Samson's ankle injury in Nashville the night before, they had to rearrange a couple of match and bring in Hollis. Hollis is a southern kid (and was billed as being from Atlanta, GA tonight) who has been on NXT TV a few times teaming with Skylar, but I hadn't watched him much. But he and Dillinger put on a terrific match. Dillinger got the biggest pop of the night for his entrance, and he then proceeded to say how he has more talent in his pinky finger than the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks combined. :lol
it's true :(
Dillinger did a fantastic job interacting with the crowd throughout the match. Every time a crowd member would throw a taunt at Dillinger, he would respond in kind and the crowd loved it. The crowd got behind Hollis surprisingly well also. A really fun match that won me over with Dillinger.

5) American Alpha def. The Revival for the NXT Tag-Team Championships

This was probably the match of the night. Crowd was into both teams so much. Similar to their NXT Takeover Dallas match. Gable did a cross body off the top rope onto both Dash and Dawson, which got a giant pop, and AA teased doing that classic Steiner Bros pose after that spot (with Rick barking under Scott). Revival did a lot of great old-school tag spots to prevent Gable from tagging in Jordan. Jordan's hot tag was incredibly fun to watch, and the crowd loved the spot of him pulling down his straps, pulling them back up, and then back down again. Fun, fun, fun match.

William Regal then came out for a surprise appearance, as he thanked the fans and talked about how he made his North American TV debut at Center Stage in Atlanta back in 1993. He also talked about how his first meeting with HHH was at Center Stage. Crowd chanted "You still got it" for Regal, who replied with "I never lost it", which got a big pop.

-Intermission-

6) Shinsuke Nakamura def. Buddy Murphy

Nakamura was originally supposed to be in a tag-match with Finn, Joe, and Samson, but Samson's injury caused the card to be shuffled, and I was honestly ok with it since seeing Nakamura in singles action was a treat. Off the top of my head, Nakamura's entrance probably got the biggest pop of the night, and it was a treat to watch live. He's just got so much charisma, and the crowd loved him throughout the match. Murphy actually got a lot more offense in this match than I expected. Kinda surprised that there was no Ali tribute either after this match or throughout the night.

7) Bayley def. Daria Berenato

Crowd absolutely loved Bayley. So many little kids were in tears after getting the chance to hug her. I really hope they don't screw her up on the main roster because there's just so much potential there. Nice moment after the match when Bayley went up into the stands and gave a hug to a girl in a wheelchair.

8) Samoa Joe def. Finn Balor for the NXT Title

Hard-hitting match. The first and only match to use the steel steps and tease using a steel chair as well. Joe won with a roll-up while holding the tights. After the match, Joe attacked Finn, but Finn fought back and landed a double-foot stomp off the top rope to send the crowd home happy. Finn thanked the crowd afterwards and told us how earlier in the day, he had met Michael PS Hayes at the entrance of Center Stage, and Hayes had told him, "If these walls could talk, they would tell you a lot of interesting stories." Finn also mentioned that HHH had texted him earlier in the day to stress the historical importance of Center Stage. As Finn was leaving the stage in front of the big video screen (which had a big Balor Club logo on it), he stopped and pointed out the individual letters of the word Club, which got a huge pop from the crowd to end the night.

Afterwards, a local promotion, Atlanta Wrestling Entertainment, was passing out wallet-sized cards promoting their show tomorrow afternoon and in two weeks.

Anth0ny

dream bigger you fucks

brock wins mitb, cashes in that night, wins the title from roman

goes on ufc 200 with wwe gold around his waist

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
4) Tye Dillinger def. Corey Hollis

This was a ton of fun. This was initially supposed to be Dillinger vs. Murphy, but with Elias Samson's ankle injury in Nashville the night before, they had to rearrange a couple of match and bring in Hollis. Hollis is a southern kid (and was billed as being from Atlanta, GA tonight) who has been on NXT TV a few times teaming with Skylar, but I hadn't watched him much. But he and Dillinger put on a terrific match. Dillinger got the biggest pop of the night for his entrance, and he then proceeded to say how he has more talent in his pinky finger than the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks combined. :lol
it's true :(
Dillinger did a fantastic job interacting with the crowd throughout the match. Every time a crowd member would throw a taunt at Dillinger, he would respond in kind and the crowd loved it. The crowd got behind Hollis surprisingly well also. A really fun match that won me over with Dillinger.

Hollis and Skylar were the two "local athletes" that jobbed to the Shining Stars in their one match.

UberTag

dream bigger you fucks

brock wins mitb, cashes in that night, wins the title from roman

goes on ufc 200 with wwe gold around his waist
Can't we just give Brock all the titles heading into UFC 200?

Squashes The Miz, decimates Rusev, cashes in on Rollins (because he ain't pinning Our Lord and Savior, Roman Reigns), smokes some UFC jobber while carrying all the gold at UFC 200, brand split happens a week later as an actual reset with no champions outside of the tag and women's divisions, new titles get rolled out for RAW and Smackdown, Roman beats Brock with a single spear of doom at Summerslam to get the world title back.

Raw64life

Planning on going to Ribera during my trip to Japan. Did Google Maps to find it and they have Candice Michelle prominently displayed on the storefront next to the likes of Akebono and Goldberg. That made me laugh for some reason.

Fox318

9xdvwt7.jpg

Part of me loves how little he appears to give a shit about the belt.

Like he knows HHH holding a belt tainted the value of it it.

Anth0ny

Squashes The Miz, decimates Rusev, cashes in on Rollins (because he ain't pinning Our Lord and Savior, Roman Reigns), smokes some UFC jobber while carrying all the gold at UFC 200, brand split happens a week later as an actual reset with no champions outside of the tag and women's divisions, new titles get rolled out for RAW and Smackdown, Roman beats Brock with a single spear of doom at Summerslam to get the world title back.

fff7tbok.gif

that seems completely realistic to me.

Fox318

One can hope that after the UFC press Vince will try and get guys to fight MMA.

The idea of seeing a fake tough guy like Roman go up against Josh Barnett or Roy Nelson sounds amazing.

Can Charlotte survive the F5 without her father's help?

UberTag

One can hope that after the UFC press Vince will try and get guys to fight MMA.

The idea of seeing a fake tough guy like Roman go up against Josh Barnett or Roy Nelson sounds amazing.
No chance of that. They wouldn't make Roman look strong.
Hell, even Punk would rip into Roman and he's about to get humiliated by Mickey Gall.

In actuality, though... can you imagine a bigger attraction than Punk vs. Roman in a sanctioned shoot fight? Like maybe, Punk vs. Triple H... but otherwise, I can't think of one.

Watched the Brother Nero video

Matt and Jeff both saved up their money pretty well
Sunrise do TNA could afford a helicopter for over head shots
Matt is what Bray thinks he is

RBH

After the American Alpha/Revival match, Gable pointed at me in the crowd and smiled :') (everyone else around me had sat back down, but I was still standing up and applauding them after their match). Pretty cool moment

It also felt incredibly bizarre to be able to talk about wrestling with other people during intermission. As in, have a face-to-face conversation, after being so used to only talking about wrestling online.

Hex

Banned
After the American Alpha/Revival match, Gable pointed at me in the crowd and smiled :') (everyone else around me had sat back down, but I was still standing up and applauding them after their match). Pretty cool moment

"Hey Jordan, I told you there was at least one WrassleGaf mark out there..."

DMczaf

WWE sure seems to be doing a lot with Bischoff on the Network lately.

I think he has a legit chance at returning as an on-screen character.

Zach

Jesus Christ, this McMahon, McMahon, McMahon, and McMahon drama in 1999 is killing me. And WCW is complete trash right now, too. God.

God!

Jesus Christ, this McMahon, McMahon, McMahon, and McMahon drama in 1999 is killing me. And WCW is complete trash right now, too. God.

God!
And it doesn't get any better. How you doin ma? This ya song ma. Etc etc it don't get no betta.

I love when two wrestlers who are brothets or partners are foced to go against each other and the come out to the song just continously playing.

Top Bottom