• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Zach

I don't know what the first wrassle event I saw live was, but I just remembered that I went to this:

nIIlMLB.png

I remember absolutely nothing about it. I saw The Great Muta live and I remember nothing! D:

(I wasn't watching wrestling at this time, but I had a friend in high school who loved it through thick and thin -- and is now a local wrestler! -- and invited me to go.)

Kurita

Theme of the Day:

Post the card from your first WWE live event.

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/results.htm

WWE (Smackdown! & ECW) @ Paris, France - Bercy Arena - September 26, 2009 (15,000; sell out)

Finlay defeated Drew McIntyre
Melina & Eve defeated WWE Women's Champion Michelle McCool & Layla
Dolph Ziggler defeated Jimmy Wang Yang
WWE IC Champion John Morrison pinned Kane
ECW World Champion Christian defeated William Regal
Ezikiel Jackson defeated Goldust
The Undertaker, Batista, & Matt Hardy defeated World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk, WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & the Big Show

Crowd went apeshit went Undertaker made its entrance. I'll never forget it.

Zach

I don't know what the first wrassle event I saw live was, but I just remembered that I went to this:

nIIlMLB.png

I remember absolutely nothing about it. I saw The Great Muta live and I remember nothing! D:

(I wasn't watching wrestling at this time, but I had a friend in high school who loved it through thick and thin -- and is now a local wrestler! -- and invited me to go.)

Quoting so that Data West doesn't miss that I saw Mike Sanders defeat Disco Inferno. >_>

Browny

Banned
Theme of the Day:

WWE (Raw) @ Birmingham, England - NEC - April 20, 2006 (9,000; sell out)
Lilian Garcia sang "God Save the Queen" to open the show; included a segment hosted by Matt Striker in which he and Jonathan Coachman insulted Viscera until Viscera cleared them fron the ring
Goldust & Gene Snitsky defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch; after the bout, Umaga attacked the winning team
Umaga defeated Eugene
Carlito Caribbean Cool pinned Chris Masters
WWE IC Champion Shelton Benjamin pinned Rob Van Dam by grabbing the ropes and tights for leverage
WWE Women's Champion Mickie James won a women's championship battle royal by last eliminating Trish Stratus
Kane & the Big Show defeated WWE Raw Tag Team Champions the Spirit Squad via disqualification
Ric Flair defeated Edge; after the bout, Edge hit the spear on Flair
WWE World Champion John Cena pinned Triple H in a streetfight with the FU after the challenger hit the Pedigree on an interfering Edge
Cena wins lol.

Summerslam 1990 was my first.

Dark Match: Shane Douglas defeated Buddy Rose
Power and Glory (Paul Roma and Hercules) (w/ Slick) defeated The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) (6:00)
The Texas Tornado defeated Mr. Perfect (w/ Bobby Heenan) to win the WWF Intercontinental Championship (5:15)
Brutus Beefcake was originally scheduled to compete for the title, but was pulled out after a parasailing incident.
Sensational Queen Sherri defeated Sapphire by forfeit
The Warlord (w/ Slick) defeated Tito Santana (5:28)
The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) defeated Demolition (Smash and Crush) in a Two Out Of Three Falls Match to win the WWF Tag Team Championship (14:24)
Jake Roberts defeated Bad News Brown with special guest referee The Big Bossman (04:44)
Nikolai Volkoff and Jim Duggan defeated The Orient Express (Tanaka and Sato) (w/ Mr. Fuji) (3:22)
Randy Savage (w/ Sensational Queen Sherri) defeated Dusty Rhodes (2:15)
Before the match, Ted DiBiase came out to announce that he had bought out Sapphire. Dusty lost the will to win the match.
Hulk Hogan (w/ The Big Bossman) defeated Earthquake (w/ Jimmy Hart and Dino Bravo (13:16)
The Ultimate Warrior defeated Rick Rude (w/ Bobby Heenan) in a Steel Cage Match to retain the WWF Championship (10:05)

I feel so old right now lol.

Zach

Summerslam 1990 was my first.

Dark Match: Shane Douglas defeated Buddy Rose
Power and Glory (Paul Roma and Hercules) (w/ Slick) defeated The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) (6:00)
The Texas Tornado defeated Mr. Perfect (w/ Bobby Heenan) to win the WWF Intercontinental Championship (5:15)
Brutus Beefcake was originally scheduled to compete for the title, but was pulled out after a parasailing incident.
Sensational Queen Sherri defeated Sapphire by forfeit
The Warlord (w/ Slick) defeated Tito Santana (5:28)
The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) defeated Demolition (Smash and Crush) in a Two Out Of Three Falls Match to win the WWF Tag Team Championship (14:24)
Jake Roberts defeated Bad News Brown with special guest referee The Big Bossman (04:44)
Nikolai Volkoff and Jim Duggan defeated The Orient Express (Tanaka and Sato) (w/ Mr. Fuji) (3:22)
Randy Savage (w/ Sensational Queen Sherri) defeated Dusty Rhodes (2:15)
Before the match, Ted DiBiase came out to announce that he had bought out Sapphire. Dusty lost the will to win the match.
Hulk Hogan (w/ The Big Bossman) defeated Earthquake (w/ Jimmy Hart and Dino Bravo (13:16)
The Ultimate Warrior defeated Rick Rude (w/ Bobby Heenan) in a Steel Cage Match to retain the WWF Championship (10:05)

I feel so old right now lol.
That's the Lapsed Fan episode I'm on! :D

Brinbe

WWF @ Ottawa, Ontario - Corel Centre - November 10, 1997 (8,209)
The Jackyl & the Interrogator defeated Larry Destiny & an unknown
Glenn Kulka defeated Adam Copeland
Shotgun - 11/15/97 - hosted by Jim Ross & Jim Cornette; included highlights from the previous Monday's Raw is War of the Undertaker vs. Kama match and aftermath involving Kane & Paul Bearer; included the showing of still shots of the Steve Austin vs. WWF IC Champion Owen Hart match from the Survivor Series; featured highlights from Raw of the confrontation between Austin & Rocky Maivia, and footage of the Ken Shamrock vs. Triple H match including the ending that wasn't televised on Raw; included Shrimp Scampi defeating Dok Hendrix in the Karate Fighters Holiday Tournament:
Ahmed Johnson pinned Andy Ellison at 1:36 with the Pearl River Plunge
Max Mini pinned Battalion at 6:02 with a victory roll; after the bout, Max Mini was attacked by Tarantula and El Torito until Nova & Taurus (Mosaic) made the save
Vader pinned Martin Roy with the Vader Bomb at 2:43 after teasing to go to the top for the moonsault and then screaming "you have to pay to see that!"
Doug Furnas & Phil LaFon defeated Flash Funk & Scott Taylor at 8:36 when LaFon pinned Taylor with a DDT
Raw is War - included Jim Ross & Jim Cornette on commentary; featured the debut of the DX entrance music and video during an opening segment in which Rick Rude came to the ring and introduced Shawn Michaels as the new WWF World Champion, as the crowd chanted "Bullshit" and "We want Bret';" as Michaels, Triple H, & Chyna came out to the ring, JR said Bret Hart had left the WWF; Michaels then played up the chants and said he beat Bret in his home country with his own hold and "ran him down South with the rest of those dinosaurs;" Michaels then said no one has the will - including Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Bret Hart - to be as good as him; moments later, Michaels said he would never beat up a 52-year-old man (alluding to Bret knocking Vince McMahon down backstage following the main event at Survivor Series); after Michaels said he was a fighting champion, Ken Shamrock came out, insulted Chyna's appearance, challenged Michaels then and there, and said Rude could only attack people from behind because he was an old man; after Michaels said Chyna could take Shamrock out at any time, Rude could do the same, and Triple H could take him on at any time, Sgt. Slaughter came out, said Triple H would face Shamrock later on and that Michaels would defend the title against Shamrock in the very near future; Slaughter then said the remainder of DX would be banned from ringside during the Shamrock / Triple H match later in the night:
Ahmed Johnson defeated Marc Mero (w/ Sable) via disqualification at 2:27 after a low blow
WWF Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Quarter Finals: Taka Michinoku pinned Devon Storm at 5:00 with the Michinoku Driver; after the match, Brian Christopher attacked Michinoku after doing guest commentary for the match
The Headbangers defeated Recon & Sniper (w/ the Jackyl & Interrogator) at 4:48 after Thrasher powerbombed Mosh onto Recon
The Road Dogg & Billy Gunn defeated Bradshaw in a handicap Bunkhouse match at 1:41 when both men made the pin after Gunn blocked a top rope move and hit a DDT off the top onto a chair
The Undertaker fought Kama to a no contest at 2:19 when Paul Bearer and Kane appeared on the ramp after Taker dumped Kama to the floor, with Bearer saying that whoever Kane destroys would be the Undertaker's fault
Ken Shamrock fought Hunter Hearst Helmsley to a no contest at 9:54 when the show went off the air during the match after Shawn Michaels interfered on behalf of Helmsley; moments thereafter, Shamrock rolled up Shawn Michaels - who was in the ring - with a cradle and Commissioner Slaughter counted the pinfall
Yes, the first event I attended was the Raw after the screwjob.

MG310

Think I posted it before when this came up but here it is again.

WWF @ East Rutherford, NJ - Meadowlands - January 9, 1993 (matinee) (8,700)
Virgil pinned the Brooklyn Brawler
WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels fought Marty Jannetty to a no contest when Jannetty attacked Michaels before the bell and hit him with the belt; the match was held off for later in the show
Rick & Scott Steiner defeated the Executioners when Scott got the pin
Tatanka pinned Damien Demento
Bob Backlund pinned the Berzerker
WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels pinned Marty Jannetty with his feet on the ropes
The Headshrinkers defeated Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware when Fatu pinned Ware
Yokozuna pinned the Big Bossman with the Bonzai Drop at around the 4-minute mark
Mr. Perfect defeated Razor Ramon via count-out

Bought a foam Big Bossman nightstick and a Tatanka hatchet.

Really only specifically remember the Michaels/Janetty stuff (including them announcing that Shawn Michaels had left the building) and Bossman getting Banzai dropped.

Hex

Banned
WWF @ Tampa, FL - Ice Palace - June 18, 2001 (10,264)
Jim Steel pinned Buck Quartermaine with a gutwrench into an airplane spin slam
Vito DeNucci pinned Chris Nelson with a missile dropkick
Jakked:
Crash Holly pinned Jerry Lynn with the Acid Drop at 5:47
WWF Hardcore Champion Test pinned Mike Sullivan with the boot to the face at 2:46 in a non-title match

Taka Michinoku & Sho Funaki defeated Scoot Andrews & Christopher Daniels when Taka pinned Daniels with the Michinoku Driver at 4:25

Haku pinned Billy Fives with the Tongan Death Grip at 3:31

Raw is War - featured an opening graphic advertising WWF World Champion Steve Austin & the Dudley Boyz vs. Spike Dudley, WWF Tag Team Champions Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho, though the match would not be announced until much later; included an opening in-ring segment in which Spike, alongside Molly Holly, in which he spoke about his match on Smackdown! against Austin; moments later, Spike noted Austin tried to hurt Molly after the match and then called out Austin; Austin eventually appeared, with Spike telling him off and saying he wanted another title shot; Austin replied that it wasn't fair to Spike, with Spike then leading the crowd to chant "Hell yeah" by asking if they thought he deserved another shot; Austin then said Spike didn't deserve to be in the same ring as him, but did give him credit for having the guts to call him out before again calling Molly a "bimbo;" Molly responded by slapping Austin across the face, resulting in a chant of "Molly;" moments later, Austin said they had both earned his respect and shook Spike's hand before then dropping Molly with the Stunner and leaving the ring;

during the commercial break, Austin walked past the Dudley Boyz backstage and they didn't mention the attack; moments later, the Dudley Boyz spoke with Spike & Molly, then saying they resented the fact Spike got a WWF World Title shot before they did;

featured a backstage segment with Austin and Debra, with Austin saying he needed someone who could understand him and laughed when Debra said it could be her;

included a backstage segment with William Regal and Tajiri in which they talked about Tajiri's King of the Ring match later in the show against Rhyno; moments later, Austin walked in and Regal said Spike wanted a title shot with him but instead he would have Austin & the Dudleyz face Spike, Jericho, & Benoit, with the Dudleyz facing Jericho & Benoit for the titles on Smackdown instead of already scheduled for later in the show;

Austin then said he wanted someone he could confide in and said he wanted to speak to Tajiri in private;

featured an ad promoting Thursday's WWF Tough Enough casting special on MTV;

included Michael Cole conducting a bakstage interview with Tazz regarding Tough Enough, with Hardcore Holly interrupting and saying Tazz used to be tough and the two agreeing to a match later in the show;

featured WWF IC Champion Kane at WWF New York, in which he was shown losing a claw arcade game, then punching through the glass to steal the toys inside and handing them to a young fan nearby;

included a video package recapping the stalker's videos of Sara in and outside her and the Undertaker's home, during which the stalker indicated it was his time to come forward;

featured a backstage segment in which Austin vented to Tajiri about Vince McMahon letting Linda McMahon run Vince's life;

included a backstage segment with Edge and Christian arguing with each other and saying they'd be happy to face each other in the finals of the King of the Ring;

moments later, Kurt Angle walked in and said he was already in the semi-finals, which meant they had no shot at winning the tournament;

featured a segment in which the Undertaker's music played, even though he was said to be at home, with a man dressed in black and wearing a mask then driving ringside on a motorcycle; the man then entered the ring and took off his mask to reveal himself as Diamond Dallas Page,

resulting in a loud ovation; Page then said he went after Taker and his wife in order to make the biggest impact possible and Taker's weakness was his family; Page then said he's made Sara famous and that he was using Taker to get to the top of the business; Page then said he would see Taker at King of the Ring, even if that meant he had to buy a ticket, then begging Taker to make him famous; security then came out, resulting in Page leaving through the crowd (DDP's surprise debut); i

ncluded a backstage segment in which Vince McMahon was shown arriving to the arena, then speaking with Steve Lombardi about having to deal with Linda's divorce attornies and then asking where Austin was;

featured footage of Mick Foley appearing on 'Regis & Kelly,' with guest host Tony Danza filling in for Kelly Rippa, to promote 'Foley is Good;'

included a backstage segment with Austin and Vince in which Vince questioned Austin's mental state, with Austin eventually lashing out and telling Vince to pick between he and Linda regarding who he was going to care more about; during the commercial break, Vince was shown leaving the arena in his black limo;

featured a backstage segment with Spike, Jericho, and Benoit talking about the altercation with Austin the previous week on Smackdown;

included a backstage segment with Edge and Rhyno discussing facing each other in the King of the Ring; moments later, Christian walked in and took exception to them getting easy opponents while he had to face Big Show later in the show;

featured a look at Entertainment Weekly's preview coverage of Tough Enough:

King of the Ring Quarter Finals: Kurt Angle defeated WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy in a non-title match via submission with the ankle lock at 3:17 after yanking Hardy off the top rope by his foot

Tazz defeated Hardcore Holly via submission with the Tazzmission at 1:45; following Holly's entrance, the Undertaker's stalker cut off the music and said he was in Tampa but showed footage he captured the previous day of Undertaker and Sara, shot from inside their garage; the stalker then said he would reveal himself later in the show, with footage then showing the stalker from the waist down

King of the Ring Quarter Finals: Rhyno pinned Tajiri (w/ William Regal) with the Gore at 2:51 as Tajiri came off the top; after the commercial break, Regal yelled at Tajiri backstage for losing his match and told him to get out of his sight

King of the Ring Quarter Finals: Edge (w/ Christian) pinned Perry Saturn (w/ Terri) with the DDT at 3:49 after Saturn kicked an interfering Christian off the ring apron

WWF European Champion Matt Hardy (w/ Lita) defeated Albert via disqualification at at 2:56 when the challenger refused to break a choke; after the contest, Lita hit a low blow on Albert, allowing Hardy to hit the Twist of Fate; moments later, X-Pac and Justin Credible ran out and hit a double superkick on Matt, prompting WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy to run out to make the save; moments later, Lita took X-Pac down with a huracanrana off the top before X-Factor laid out the Hardyz

King of the Ring Quarter-Finals: Christian (w/ Edge) pinned the Big Show at 2:19 after Edge interfered, struck Show twice with a steel chair and then helped Christian hit a Con-Chair-Two as Kurt Angle, who did guest commentary for the bout, distracted referee Tim White from the apron; moments before the finish, Show shoved Angle's face on the floor, prompting Angle to interfere

Spike Dudley, WWF Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit defeated WWF World Champion Steve Austin & the Dudley Boyz at 12:29 when Austin submitted while he was caught in both the Crippler Crossface and Walls of Jericho

This was my first WWE show.

My first Wrestling card all I really remember was Road Warriors vs Rick Rude and Raging Bull Manny Fernandez, Dusty vs Kevin Sullivan in a cage, Cuban assassin, Rock and Roll Express vs the Midnight Express, and Steiners vs Ivan and Nikita Koloff

Theme of the Day:

WWE House Show
July 29, 2012
Broadbent Arena in Louisville, Kentucky.

Match Results

Brodus Clay defeats JTG

Tensai defeats Tyson Kidd

WWE Divas Title Match: Layla (c) defeats Beth Phoenix

Intercontinental Title: The Miz (c) defeats Zack Ryder in a Street Fight

WWE Tag Team Title: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth (c) defeat Epico & Primo and The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) (w/ AW) in a Three Way Elimination Match

WWE United States Title Match: Santino Marella (c) defeats William Regal

Antonio Cesaro (w/ Aksana) defeats Alex Riley

John Cena defeats The Big Show in a Steel Cage Match

DMczaf

WWE House Show
July 29, 2012

Match Results

Brodus Clay defeats JTG

WWE Tag Team Title: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth (c) defeat Epico & Primo and The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) (w/ AW) in a Three Way Elimination Match

yikes

Fox318

WWE House Show
July 29, 2012

Match Results

Brodus Clay defeats JTG

Marella vs Regal had to be fun right?

It was super awful. My son and I had only been watching WWE for a few months, and I'm surprised it didn't kill our interest completely. Could have sworn there was a John Moxely match, too, but that may have been our next live event.

Regal vs. Marella was pretty fun, though.

This one was better, with AJ Lee as the RAW commissioner.

WWE House Show
October 7, 2012
Spokane Arena in Spokane, Washington.

Eve Torres (c) defeated Kaitlyn & Layla in a Triple Threat Match to retain the WWE Divas Championship

Tensai defeated Xavier Woods

Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan & Kane) (c) defeated Kofi Kingston & R-Truth to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship

Brodus Clay defeated Damien Sandow

Santino Marella defeated Dean Ambrose

Antonio Cesaro (c) defeated Zack Ryder in a Lumberjack Match to retain the WWE United States Championship

CM Punk (c) defeated The Big Show in a Steel Cage match to retain the WWE Championship

Fox318

I'm constantly amazed as to how and why Paul White continued to get billing on cards.

It has to be the height thing because on no other metric is the guy a draw post his 2004 smackdown run when Heyman booked him as a giant.

I'm constantly amazed as to how and why Paul White continued to get billing on cards.

It has to be the height thing because on no other metric is the guy a draw post his 2004 smackdown run when Heyman booked him as a giant.
big_show_suck_it.gif

I love it how WWF fans hated wCw until Shane bought it.

Theme of the Day:

WWE (Raw) @ Cologne, Germany - Kolnarena - October 13, 2007 (about 9,500)
Hardcore Holly defeated Carlito Caribbean Cool
WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Jim Duggan defeated Val Venis
Snitsky defeated Super Crazy
Ken Kennedy defeated Cody Rhodes
Tommy Dreamer & Balls Mahoney defeated Mike Mizanin & Elijah Burke
WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix defeated Candice Michelle
Triple H defeated Umaga in a streetfight
WWE World Champion Randy Orton defeated WWE IC Champion Jeff Hardy

Got to meet a (slightly drugged looking) Jeff Hardy and The Miz beforehand and sat in at the pre-show "press conference" with William Regal, Kendrick and London. Fun Stuff. I think either Orton or Hardy got injured during the Main Event and had to take time off afterwards, but I don't remember who it was anymore.

Backflip

Theme of the Day:

WWF @ Paris, France - Bercy Stadium - 8 avril 1993 (5,000)

Frank Anderson pinned Terry Taylor

WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels pinned Bob Backlund with a reversal and using the tights for leverage at 13:10

Crush defeated Doink the Clown (Steve Keirn) via count-out at 8:10 when Doink left ringside after sustaining the head vice on the ring apron (Global Warfare)

The Nasty Boys fought the Headshrinkers (w/ Afa) to a double disqualification at 11:33 when all four men began brawling in the ring; after the bout, the Headshrinkers attacked the Nastys with several wooden chairs, breaking them to pieces; moments later, the Nastys did the same to the Headshrinkers in the aisleway after they began to make their way backstage

Mr. Perfect pinned Lex Luger at 6:44 by lifting his shoulder out of a back suplex into a bridge

Kamala pinned Kimchee at 6:45 with a splash to the back; after the bout, Kamala attacked Kimchee with his own hat before putting it on himself

Typhoon pinned Damien Demento at 6:25 with a powerslam

Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji) pinned Jim Duggan with a splash in the corner and the Bonzai Drop at 7:31

Top Bottom