• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

So Angle inducted into the national wrestling hall of fame. I wonder what Hunter has to say about this considering he questioned what does Angle have over him saying he waz too small. Brisco was like if he came in here and shoot challenged you, who would win? Hunter got quiet lmfao. Brisco is amazing.

Jamie OD

Planning on going to Ribera during my trip to Japan. Did Google Maps to find it and they have Candice Michelle prominently displayed on the storefront next to the likes of Akebono and Goldberg. That made me laugh for some reason.

Ate there during my trip back in April. The steaks are good. Apparently my group missed out on meeting Elgin & Ospreay, we left around an hour before they showed up.

RBH

CkHFXmSXAAA4yeV.jpg:large

DMczaf

Vince said he could take the short one brother.

Edge and Christian Season 2 should have a weekly segment where they re-enact backstage stories with the actual participants.

Bret and Shawn re-enact their fist fight after the Sunny Days comment

Vince/Kofi re-enact their shoot fight

Arn Anderson/Sid on the scissors incident.

etc

Edge and Christian Season 2 should have a weekly segment where they re-enact backstage stories with the actual participants.

Bret and Shawn re-enact their fist fight after the Sunny Days comment

Vince/Kofi re-enact their shoot fight

Arn Anderson/Sid on the scissors incident.

etc
For the Sid and Arn, they should have Arn stab Sid with an anime action figure instead.

Dthomp

So....I have no idea what on earth happened in TNA land that has turned Matt Hardy into some sort of Sweeney Todd looking goon, can I kind gaffer fill me in on what led to this..and why is he calling his brother Nero???

I'm so confused right now...

So....I have no idea what on earth happened in TNA land that has turned Matt Hardy into some sort of Sweeney Todd looking goon, can I kind gaffer fill me in on what led to this..and why is he calling his brother Nero???

I'm so confused right now...
Nero is Jeff's middle name.

Jeff Hardy beat Jerry Lynn for the LHW title. Lynn led him to a good match, that must mean he has a good career ahead of him. That's hard to do.

DMczaf

Theme of the Day:

Post the card from your first WWE live event.

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/results.htm

WWF @ Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond - March 12, 1995 (7,000)

Kwang pinned Gary Key with a spin wheel kick at 4:18

Hakushi pinned the 1-2-3 Kid at 6:15 after turning an attempted spin wheel kick into a powerbomb and a running senton; Kid sustained a concussion in the match

WWF Women's Champion Bull Nakano pinned Alundra Blayze with a powerbomb and putting her feet on the ropes at 8:04; Bob Holly disputed the call after the match but the decision stood

Bob Backlund defeated Bob Holly at 8:43 via submission with the Crossface Chicken Wing after Holly thought he had scored the pinfall

WWF World Champion Diesel & Razor Ramon defeated Shawn Michaels & WWF IC Champion Jeff Jarrett via disqualification at 14:19 when Psycho Sid interfered and attacked Diesel; the match came down to Michaels vs. Diesel after Razor was injured and helped backstage by officials while the Roadie helped a stunned Jarrett backstage minutes later; the Undertaker eventually came to Diesel's aid against Sid and Michaels

Jacob & Eli Blu defeated the New Headshrinkers at 8:08 after Fatu was clotheslined by the illegal Blu

The Undertaker defeated Bam Bam Bigelow via disqualification at 11:08 when Bob Backlund interfered, attempted to apply the Crossface Chicken Wing on the Undertaker, but was quickly thrown to the floor

Bret Hart defeated Owen Hart via submission to the Sharpshooter in a No Holds Barred match at 5:47; after the bout, Bret kept the hold applied for several moments before letting go

Theme of the Day:

Mine

WWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - March 22, 1998 (18,199; 15,297 paid)
WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Taka Michinoku pinned Brian Christopher
Henry & Phinneas Godwinn defeated Skull & 8-Ball in a country whipping match
Marc Mero pinned TAFKA Goldust
Cactus Jack pinned WWF Tag Team Champion Billy Gunn in a falls count anywhere match
Ken Shamrock defeated WWF IC Champion the Rock via disqualification
NWA Tag Team Champions the Headbangers defeated the Quebecers
Bradshaw pinned Barry Windham
Steve Austin pinned WWF European Champion Triple H in a non-title match

Theme of the Day:

If we're limiting to WWE:
WWE Raw House Show @ Birmingham, England - LG Arena - November 12, 2009 (10,000)

• WWE Unified Tag Team Champion the Big Show won a battle royal; stipulations stated the winner would earn a WWE World Title match later in the show
  • The Hurricane defeated Paul Burchill
  • WWE US Champion Mike Mizanin defeated MVP
  • WWE Divas Champion Melina & Gail Kim defeated Jillian Hall & Alicia Fox
  • WWE Unified Tag Team Champion Chris Jericho defeated Evan Bourne
  • Triple H, Shawn Michaels, & Kofi Kingston defeated Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase Jr., & Cody Rhodes
  • WWE World Champion John Cena defeated WWE Unified Tag Team Champion the Big Show

I went to a non WWE show long before my first WWE show:

1PW No Turning Back (Night Two) January 7, 2006
  • 1PW World Title Tournament Qualifying Match: Steve Corino (w/ Chris Hamrick & Tracy Smothers) defeats Charlie Haas
  • Singles Match: Harry Smith defeats Doug Williams
  • Losing Team Wears A Dress Tag Team Match: The JOB Squad (Al Snow & The Blue Meanie) defeat Southern Comfort (Chris Hamrick & Tracy Smothers)
  • Fatal Four Way Match: Jody Fleisch defeats Jerry Lynn and Jonny Storm and Petey Williams
  • Hardcore Tag Team Match: Abyss & Sterling James Keenan defeat Sabu & Ulf Herman
  • 1PW World Title Tournament Qualifying Triple Threat Match: Christopher Daniels defeats Low Ki (w/ Homicide) and Elix Skipper
  • 1PW World Title Tournament Qualifying Match: Samoa Joe defeats Masato Tanaka by Count Out
  • ECW Rules Match: Masato Tanaka defeats Steve Corino
  • 1PW World Title Tournament Qualifying Match: AJ Styles defeats Jeff Jarrett

Valkrai

Oh boy I just remembered the show I went to. Late edit: This was the actual show I went to, ECW wasn't back when I saw the event (Thank god)

Theme of the Day:

WWE (Raw & Smackdown!) @ Albuquerque, NM - Pit - October 21, 2005 (5,000)

WWE World Champion John Cena pinned Kurt Angle with the FU at around the 15-minute mark after avoiding the Olympic Slam
The Big Show pinned Gene Snitsky with the chokeslam
Rey Mysterio Jr. pinned John Bradshaw Layfield (w/ Jillian Hall) with a roll up after hitting the 619
WWE IC Champion Ric Flair defeated Carlito Caribbean Cool via submission with the figure-4 at around the 15-minute mark
Kane won a 10-man battle royal by last eliminating Bobby Lashley with a clothesline at around the 10-minute mark; other participants included: Chris Masters, Viscera, Shelton Benjamin, Rob Conway, Jonathan Coachman, Matt Hardy, Christian, and Ken Kennedy
WWE US Champion Booker T pinned Chris Benoit after Sharmell interfered
WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus, Christy Hemme, & Ashley defeated Victoria, Melina, & Torrie Wilson at around the 10-minute mark when Christy pinned Melina; Candice Michelle was the guest referee for the bout
World Heavyweight Champion Batista defeated Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton by pinning Orton with the sit-down powerbomb

UberTag

Theme of the Day:

This was my first house show...
WWF @ Kitchener, Ontario - December 26, 1993 (matinee) (2,100)

Owen Hart defeated Adam Bomb
The Smoking Gunns defeated the Red & Black Knights (Steve Lombardi & Barry Horowitz)
Shawn Michaels defeated the 1-2-3 Kid
The Undertaker defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna via disqualification
WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon defeated IRS
Rick & Scott Steiner defeated WWF Tag Team Champions the Quebecers via count-out
Randy Savage defeated Crush

Theme of the Day:

NXT at the SSE Hydro, Glasgow. 11th of December 2015, most of this is from memory, with Observer being used for details.

Enzo & Big Cass (w/ Carmella) Blake & Murphy
Enzo & Cass very over, won with the rocket launcher.

Tye Dillinger v Bull Dempsey
Tye was insanely over, the 10 chants was all over the card. Bull won a fun comedy match.Crowd had a sing "Bullfit saved my life" song set to "Give it up" by KC & The Sunshine Band. Fun spot were Bull ate the 10 sign.

Alexa Bliss v Asuka
Asuka was also popular, won via submission.

Baron Corbin v Neville
Neville was a nice surprise, won with the Red Arrow.

Jordan and Gable v Dash & Dawson for the NXT Tag Titles
Jordan and Gable were very other, with the Jordan/Gable chant being popular, very fun match as expected with these guys.

Emma v Bayley for the NXT Woman's Title
Bayley was very over as you'd expect, she got a bunch of Christmas carols. She'd do the 10 chant as well which the crowd liked, fun match.

Apollo Crews v Samoa Joe
Joe was insanely over, was a fine match between them as well.

Finn Bálor v Sami Zayn for the NXT Title
Naturally, there were a fair few ICW fans at the show, so Finn was over as hell as well. He done a few Grado shoutouts as well, which popped the crowd. Was a good match, really glad I got to see it live.

Throughout the show the TLC ad with Roman would get massive boos, while the clips of ICW from the Finn stuff before Beast in the East provided ICW chants from the crowd. The announcer also played the "One fall" chant as well.

Really enjoyed it for my first WWE/NXT show. Got tickets for Dublin next Tuesday since the NXT tour isn't coming here, but I do have Raw & Smackdown tickets for December instead.
Was a very fun show.

I went to some shitty FWA show with Corino and Sabu sometime around 2001, 2002 or so I think - it sucked. Also, some random local shows that no one will ever recall or bothered recording.

So I guess the first proper show I went to was this about 3 years ago;

PROGRESS Chapter 7:

PROGRESS Title Match: El Ligero (c) defeats Noam Dar
Natural Progression Series First Round: Eddie Dennis defeats Darrell Allen and Joey Lakeside and Xander Cooper
Tag Team Match: The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch) defeat Project Ego (Kris Travis & Martin Kirby)
Singles Match (Special Referee: Nigel McGuinness): Zack Sabre Jr. defeats Jimmy Havoc
Singles Match: Mark Andrews defeats Will Ospreay
Singles Match: Danny Garnell defeats RJ Singh
Six Man Tag Team Match: Mark Haskins, Nathan Cruz & Rampage Brown defeat Dave Mastiff, Marty Scurll & Paul Robinson

Top Bottom