• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

XenoRaven

At the very least, Civil War was a great advertisement for the next Spider Man. It also taught me that I should never watch any Marvel movie that actually attempts to take itself seriously.

Yuji Okabayashi vs. Zeus from the recent AJPW Super Power Series 2016 night 4 show was a lot of fun, a hoss sprint that featured stiff, manly lariats and the BICEP NUCLEAR EXPLOSION~!
S1PNoNE.gif

God that shit sucked so bad.

She really does.

That angle should have been the biggest ever, but the McMahon's had to put themselves over.
People call me sexist for saying that but she ruins EVERY storyline. One of the worst things to happen to sports entertainment. At least Linda knew how to make her character tolerable but her daughter, I just don't even. Heyman can't even own his own damn company.

Anth0ny

overwatch seems like one of those games that you get all addicted to and play nothing else

I already have one of those games and have no interest in another

overwatch seems like one of those games that you get all addicted to and play nothing else

I already have one of those games and have no interest in another
It really is, if you have a friend to play with it amplifies the effect. Stay far away if you value your free time.

BFIB

People call me sexist for saying that but she ruins EVERY storyline. One of the worst things to happen to sports entertainment. At least Linda knew how to make her character tolerable but her daughter, I just don't even. Heyman can't even own his own damn company.
As soon as she became an on air character, the show began to suffer. Coincidence?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tye Dillinger and Nakamura are all we have now

Shenanigans

We got Samoa Joe, No Way Jose, Tye Dillinger, Stupid Sexy Cien Almas, Nakamura, American Alpha (vs. basically anyone) The real dire part is that the women's division looks pretty barren right now.

Blue's got a point. The nanosecond it was decided that Steph was leading ECW, the invasion was dead.
I just call it How I see it

As soon as she became an on air character, the show began to suffer. Coincidence?
Ruined Macho Man.
Ruined the company for life by marrying one of the boys in the back.
Yep, when The Invasion turned into a pure-McMahon storyline it was really dead in the water.
This family affair trash is just that, trash. I mean you already had the owner in every storyline and that even got tiring. When Vince took his 3-4 month breaks, things felt fresh. Re watching this, I usually sigh when he starts to come back.
The best part of the invasion angle is the Angle/Austin segments.
I hated Austin as a kid so I didn't appreciate the humour in these segments, they're hilarious now.

Although Austin jumping from Team WWF to WCW/ECW was always stupid as fuck and happened simply because they got almost none of WCW's star power
If he never turned heel, I actually wonder how it would've played out.

Sephzilla

If anything, Austin should have gone rogue and just kicked the shit out of all three factions.

Also, I wish there were people within WWE who would just call out that McMahon centric storylines are played out and dull at this point. Too bad anybody who would do that would get future endevoured immediately.

Anth0ny

so why again didn't goldberg, hogan and all the other top tier dudes from wcw come to wwf when the invasion took place?

Boy, I hope nobody made Ariel Helwani his "ethics in sports journalism" hill to die on because that's a shitty way to go.

Eita vs. Akira Tozawa from this year's King of Gate was entertaining, even though the video I saw was marred with audio and video sync problems. I didn't realize how badly bad production will knock me out of a match.

Still, when you get action like this:

You'll put up with some video and audio problems.

Sephzilla

so why again didn't goldberg, hogan and all the other top tier dudes from wcw come to wwf when the invasion took place?

Their contracts were with Time Warner and not WCW, IIRC. So WWE didn't really inherit their deals. And since Time Warner was paying them a ton, it was better to just take some time off and get paid versus come back and take a cheaper WWE deal. I believe Booker T mentioned taking a big pay cut when he debuted. If Vince would have been more patient and waited for those deals to expire we could have had a way more star-studded invasion angle.

Bill was making 6 million bucks and they wouldve had to match his contract. Guys like Hogan and Nash were making 1-5 million to sit on their asses until their contracts were up. Would you go work for 365 days when you're getting paid the most you've probably ever made to sit at home? Lol. Wcw lost and won with those contracts.

New month, same result. Blue taking the L.
Lol!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Kevin Owens should be Brock's opponent at Summerslam. KO is winning MITB of course and for the next year he should be getting a big push to the top of the card. Give him that big match against Lesnar at Summerslam. If Brock loses at UFC 200, 100% put KO over. They can push the story that Brock is hurt after his UFC fight so KO going over is believable, yet any win over Brock would seriously raise his stock. If Brock wins at UFC 200 it's a bit harder to make KO winning believable, so maybe in this instance it's a good idea to have Brock winning but KO pushes him to the limit.

From today's episode of his podcast, The MMA Hour:

Ariel Helwani said:
The catch was that, for the pre and post fight shows, the check has to be signed by Zuffa. So, UFC Tonight is one contract, and that is a Fox production, Zuffa has nothing to do with that, but, even though Fox is paying the UFC for those broadcasts, weigh-in shows, post-fight shows, all that stuff, the money is going from Fox, to Zuffa, to the talent. ... The first class I ever took at [Syracuse University’s] Newhouse [School], in journalism, was journalism ethics, and they hammer that down your throat. There is like a rule that you can’t take anything above $30. I kid you not. Because you can’t owe them anything if you want to be unbiased.

He broke the basic rule of journalistic ethics: don't take money from the company you're covering because you're then just a part of that company's PR machine.

Just watched impact, the Hardy vs Hardy feud gets weirder every week, the segment at Matt's house especially.

EC3 is the best worker TNA has, he's cool as a face but I liked him more as a heel, Bennett is very underrated, with the right build he is main event material but get Maria out of there her presence adds nothing IMO.

I'm UK based so what I just saw is probably at least a a week old or more by now.

Sephzilla

Kevin Owens should be Brock's opponent at Summerslam. KO is winning MITB of course and for the next year he should be getting a big push to the top of the card. Give him that big match against Lesnar at Summerslam. If Brock loses at UFC 200, 100% put KO over. They can push the story that Brock is hurt after his UFC fight so KO going over is believable, yet any win over Brock would seriously raise his stock. If Brock wins at UFC 200 it's a bit harder to make KO winning believable, so maybe in this instance it's a good idea to have Brock winning but KO pushes him to the limit.

I like the idea of KO vs Brock and I love the idea of KO beating Brock clean as fuck. You could play up that both KO and Brock are two of the few people to beat John Cena, and honestly Lesnar needs to get beat and give someone what little remains of the Undertaker rub.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm willing to bet $10 to the charity of WrassleGAF's choice that Alberto Del Rio wins the fucking contract. (I default to Kettering-Sloan Cancer Center).

I like the idea of KO vs Brock and I love the idea of KO beating Brock clean as fuck. You could play up that both KO and Brock are two of the few people to beat John Cena, and honestly Lesnar needs to get beat and give someone what little remains of the Undertaker rub.

This is why I find it comical that Vince almost assuredly wants to give that rub to Roman Reigns, who never loses to begin with. The last time I saw Reigns lose sort of clean was when he ate a pin during that one Shield v. Wyatt Family match where Ambrose and Rollins were taken out early in the match and Roman just destroyed the rest of the Family most of the match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dixie CarterVerified account
‏@TNADixie
Seeing amazing fan responses to the #Hardy contract signing on #IMPACTonPop. Keep them coming and I will re-post!

whut?

Boy, I hope nobody made Ariel Helwani his "ethics in sports journalism" hill to die on because that's a shitty way to go.

Eita vs. Akira Tozawa from this year's King of Gate was entertaining, even though the video I saw was marred with audio and video sync problems. I didn't realize how badly bad production will knock me out of a match.

Still, when you get action like this:

I asume that gif is sped up right?

Top Bottom