• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Sephzilla

Weird thought I had: If WrassleGAF was ordered by The WCW/n
eoGAF
Wo Powers That Be to feature the 12 most iconic wrestling personalities over a year for its monthly threads, who would those 12 wrestling legends be? And let's pretend everyone is a swell guy so we can include Hulk Hogan, etc.

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Ric Flair
3. Andre the Giant
4. Randy Savage
5. Legion of Doom/Road Warriors (tag teams count as one, dude)
6. The Rock
7. Steve Austin

I feel like those are givens. Who am I missing? I'd definitely vote for some non-wrestlers such as Heenan, but others may scoff.

Edit: Sting and Cena would probably be on there, yeah?

-Bret Hart
-Shawn Michaels
-The Undertaker
-Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Mahonay

Banned
Weird thought I had: If WrassleGAF was ordered by The WCW/n
eoGAF
Wo Powers That Be to feature the 12 most iconic wrestling personalities over a year for its monthly threads, who would those 12 wrestling legends be? And let's pretend everyone is a swell guy so we can include Hulk Hogan, etc.

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Ric Flair
3. Andre the Giant
4. Randy Savage
5. Legion of Doom/Road Warriors (tag teams count as one, dude)
6. The Rock
7. Steve Austin

I feel like those are givens. Who am I missing? I'd definitely vote for some non-wrestlers such as Heenan, but others may scoff.

Edit: Sting and Cena would probably be on there, yeah?

Taker for sure.
Cena, Taker, Bork, Sting, and Bret? Maybe Goldberg

Issue is "iconic wrestlers" change depending what part of the globe you're on.

Zach

Taker for sure.

Oh yeah. Not really a fan, but he's a must.

Iconic today, or iconic in their own time? Because a guy like Gorgeous George was a real cultural icon in his heyday, while someone like Big Daddy was a household name in the UK, yet unknown by American fans. I'd probably add;

. Rikidozan
. Giant Baba
. Antonio Inoki
. The Destroyer
. Terry Funk
. Jumbo Tsuruta

Not 'merica enough. You may pick one Japanese wrestler. One!

Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks from the British side of things.

One!

-Bret Hart
-Shawn Michaels
-The Undertaker
-Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Bret and Shawn are questionable. But maybe. Maybe!

Cena, Taker, Bork, Sting, and Bret? Maybe Goldberg

Issue is "iconic wrestlers" change depending what part of the globe you're on.

Psshh. You guys know it'd have to be WWE-centric.

Kuroyume

Banned
If you're going to put LOD in there then you may as well put Nash and Hall as they were more iconic than LOD in every way. LOD had a short shelf life.

Mahonay

Banned
If you're going to put LOD in there then you may as well put Nash and Hall as they were more iconic than LOD in every way. LOD had a short shelf life.
For their time Road Warriors were way more over than those guys by several magnitudes. But...yeah could argue whether they'd be considered one of the 12 most iconic.

Mahonay

Banned
In no particular order, 12 most iconic

- Hulk Hogan
- Randy Savage
- Stone Cold
- The Rock
- Andre the Giant
- Ric Flair
- Bret Hart
- Undertaker
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- The man called Sting
- Great Muta

imBask

Banned
In no particular order, 12 most iconic

- Hulk Hogan
- Randy Savage
- Stone Cold
- The Rock
- Andre the Giant
- Ric Flair
- Bret Hart
- Undertaker
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- The man called Sting
- Great Muta

That's a decent list, although I don't think TNA legend Great Muta belongs on that list. If you really want someone from TNA, put Kurd Tangle

Mahonay

Banned
Fools, I corrected myself and said Cena!

Ultimate Warrior is an interesting one. As always.
I was trying to choose between Warrior or Muta. Between those two the decision is easy for me. Especially considering body of work and length of reign.

jmdajr

Funniest shit in the entire Trainwreck movie was John Cena sex scene. Not that the other stuff wasn't humorous, but I literally burst out laughing....and was still laughing awhile later.

Mahonay

Banned
That's a decent list, although I don't think TNA legend Great Muta belongs on that list. If you really want someone from TNA, put Kurd Tangle
AoxlWJu.jpg

somedevil

Add the Drifter to the list of injured this year:

NXT Superstar Elias Samson suffered a fractured left ankle while competing at an NXT Live Event in Nashville this past weekend, WWE.com has learned.

"The match had to be stopped due to the injury and Elias was helped to the back, unable to bear weight on the ankle," WWE ringside physician Dr. Chris Amann told WWE.com. "Elias will be put in a cast and crutches, but is expected to make a full recovery."

So no drifter on tv through the build to the Summerslam show it looks like.

Lance Storm v Jericho, a dream come true. Just let them have the ring.

HOLY
MOTHERFUCKING
SO

RVD AND TOMMY DREAMER! WTD.

NOOO NOOO NOOO THE WWFECW GUYS TURNED ON KANE AND JERICHO!

Not 'merica enough. You may pick one Japanese wrestler. One!

BOOOOOOOOOO, Rikidozan and Baba were huge stars in Hawaii. That's 'merica! Y'know what, fuck yo list.

Top 10 Iconic, Non-American-centric, Pro-Wrestlers;

01. Hulk Hogan
02. Andre the Giant
03. Lou Thesz
04. Rikidozan
05. Giant Baba
06. The Destroyer
07. Big Daddy
08. Bruno Sammartino
09. Mick McManus
10. Otto Wanz

Mahonay

Banned
BOOOOOOOOOO, Rikidozan and Baba were huge stars in Hawaii. That's 'merica! Y'know what, fuck yo list.

01. Hulk Hogan
02. Andre the Giant
03. Lou Thesz
04. Rikidozan
05. Giant Baba
06. The Destroyer
07. Big Daddy
08. Bruno Sammartino
09. Mick McManus
10. Otto Wanz
More than 90 percent of people don't know who half these guys are. I think you're missing the point.

Zach

01. Hulk Hogan
02. Andre the Giant
03. Lou Thesz
04. Rikidozan
05. Giant Baba
06. The Destroyer
07. Big Daddy
08. Bruno Sammartino
09. Mick McManus
10. Otto Wanz

Now you're trying to tell me there are only 10 months in a year! This is Macho Madness!

The Ummah

Banned
Random. Is it too much to ask for HD PPV stages with some "throwback" designs/personality? Part of the spectacle for me last decade was seeing the stage design and pyro opening at the start of the event. I'm sure it's easier to use the same set, or variations of, on the road...but come on lol.

Top Bottom