• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dsasadfsdafdsaxxzn4.gif

Sephzilla

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/6...alent-swap-paige-van-zant-nxt-roderick-strong

I like the rumor about the Shining Stars. I'm wondering what, specifically, people were supposed to get excited about. The travel agent gimmick? Puerto Rico? Primo and Epico with yet another set of personas?

Vince McMahon soured on the Rising Shining Stars (whoops - R.O.) gimmick when Epico & Primo's return didn't get much of a reaction and there are currently no plans for the duo.

Much of a reaction? They got absolutely no reaction. The arena was so quiet when they came out that Corpus Christi looked like Raw after Mania by comparison

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are they gonna bring back all the old GM's in the run-up to the brand-split?

I don't think the remaining GMs are meme-status like Teddy Long and his tag-team matches.

Tom Nook

Takeover: The End
Takeover: TE
Tough Enough = TE

Therefore.

The Tough Enough winners are debuting at The End. Which will be the end of good matches.

TE = Tight End

Tight End = Gronk's position for the Patriots

Patriots = Steph's fav team

Steph is the wife of HHH

NXT is HHH's baby

NXT Takeover : The END

Full Circle....

somedevil

WWE has an interest in a UFC star to appear at Summerslam:

Paige VanZant is currently in preliminary talks with the WWE about making an appearance at this year's SummerSlam event on Aug. 21 in New York.

VanZant's manager, Mike Roberts of MMA Inc., confirmed to FOX Sports on Monday that WWE has reached out to inquire about the "Dancing with the Stars" runner-up appearing "in some capacity" at the annual event.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/paige-vanzant-wwe-ufc-in-talks-summerslam-appearance-060616

She is mainstream with dancing with the stars and its interesting since she hasn't fought since last Dec.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Moose always seems to be rumored to be WWE bound, so i'll believe it when it happens

That'd be so sick

Last I heard everyone in ROH is bitching about about the company at this point.

Why are you paying money for these things? 3 in 15 months? Cripes.
ANYTHING is better than a RAW taping. Indy show. NXT. Network special. House shows. Pretty much anything outside of TNA is an improvement over seeing RAW in person.

I don't. They let service members in for free.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have no idea if and how excited I should be for the first Dutch pro wrestler in WWE. It's either going to be really great or really bad. There is no middle ground with this company.

Ithil

I have no idea if and how excited I should be for the first Dutch pro wrestler in WWE. It's either going to be really great or really bad. There is no middle ground with this company.

I'm batting average at about 1.5/3 (Sheamus is a bust, Becky is great but they haven't handled her like they should), though they might still mess up Finn when he's called up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think GAFVince had started with that yet at the beginning of March.

Everyone here has been doing that since time began being tracked by humans. That's how old "make Roman look strong" jokes are.

Fucking DUST.

Sephzilla

The hilarious thing about GAF Vince doing the "Nice callback! Haha I remember that podcast" thing is that it's probably the absolute most Max Landis-esque thing he does here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone here has been doing that since time began being tracked by humans. That's how old "make Roman look strong" jokes are.

Fucking DUST.

As a Kevin Nash fan, let me go ahead and tell you Sunny

Make Roman Look Strong is Roman's quads. Meaning that 30 years from now, people will still be posting it on Twitter or whatever replaces twitter thinking they got some epic burn on a retired Roman Reigns.

Kuroyume

Banned
The Shining Stars are so confusing to me. So they spent weeks talking about how great Puerto Rico is. And it sort of sounded like they were knocking the US for not being Puerto Rico, but they didn't quite go all the way with it. Then the debut happened and I thought... Okay, they have mics as they walk to the ring so they'll use this opportunity to trash America and then wipe out the local jobbers they fought against that night. Nope. Instead of that they cut some stupid promo about the ring being their own personal paradise, or some nonsense like that. No response from the crowd. What are (or were) they? Not-heels but sorta heels? I don't get it.

MG310

Mattel usually puts them up for sale after the show..though II think their store is still run by Digital River.

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/media/chapter-30:-super-strong-style-16-day-1/47821

PROGRESS SUPER STRONG STYLE 16 DAY 1 IS UP

Super Strong Style 16 - 1st Round Matches:
Mark Haskins vs Pete Dunne
Damon Moser vs Mikey Whiplash
Kenny Williams vs Zack Gibson
Jack Gallagher vs TK Cooper (with Dahlia Black)
Dave Mastiff vs Big Daddy Walter
Chris Hero vs Mark Andrews
Sami Callihan vs Matt Cross
Tommy End vs Rampage Brown
PROGRESS Tag Title Match: The Origin (c) vs The London Riots

I'm offended this got no sold
5756db2e02ff4.image.jpg

LaFayette woman pulls gun on pro wrestler during Ringgold show

"A LaFayette woman was arrested on aggravated assault charges after she allegedly pulled a gun on a popular pro wrestler during a match in Ringgold.

The incident has prompted the promoters to consider installing metal detectors at matches.

According to the Catoosa County Sheriff’s Department:

Patricia Anne Crowe, 50, of 604 Chestnut Street, was arrested Saturday, June 4, on charges of aggravated assault and reckless conduct.

She was released from jail Monday evening, June 6, on a $4,000 bond.

The incident occurred around 11 p.m. at the American Wrestling Federation (AWF) arena at 4193 U.S. 41 in Ringgold.

The promotion was putting on its monthly show, when Crowe, a spectator at the event, threatened and attacked long-time wrestler Paul Lee.

Deputies arrived on scene after Crowe allegedly jumped into the ring during the show and pulled a handgun on Lee.

According to Lee and several witnesses, Lee was participating in a match with “Iron Mann,” at which time he tied him up and was hitting him with a chair, reports show.

“I had him tied up and was beating on him, and this lady jumps up with a knife, cuts him loose, and then pulled a loaded gun on me,” Lee said. “She had that thing loaded with one in the chamber and the safety off. All it would have taken was for her to get shaky with that thing and it could have fired.”

Crowe also pointed the gun at the show’s commissioner “Robbie Rude,” reports show.

Lee says the woman has been to shows before and should have known that the incident going on with the other wrestler was part of the show.

“She’s been to several shows over the years off and on, but she was acting like a nut Saturday night,” Lee said.

Lee, whose character is a “heel” or “bad guy,” often banters back and forth with spectators as part of the show, but it rarely turns physical.

“We’ve done fraternity shows at colleges and stuff before where drunk college kids will try to run into the ring or something, but nothing like this,” Lee said. “In about 1992, at another location, we were doing a show and I got stabbed by about a six-inch blade by a fan. Fans usually don’t get involved though, they usually just watch.”

According to police Cpl. Chris Faulk, Crowe admitted she pulled the gun on Lee because of the banter the two had engaged in.

“Ms. Crowe did indeed pull the gun on Mr. Lee because of the way he’d talked to her,” Faulk said. “She said, ‘he was talking mean to me, and I got mad. I guess I just let my temper get the best of me and I pulled my pistol on him’.”

Lee says he told Crowe “to sit her toothless self back down,” and that she then approached the ring.

Lee added that he’s not thrilled with Crowe being released so soon.

“The sheriff’s office called me to let me know they let her out Monday on a $4,000 bond,” Lee said. “I think it should have been a higher bond than that. She pulled a gun on me in front of kids and everything….it was just crazy.”

Approximately 160 people were in attendance during the incident, which has prompted Lee and the AWF to revaluate their security measures at the arena.

“We’re going to be installing metal detectors at the entrances,” Lee said. “We’ve already got ‘em picked up and will have them installed before the next show. The way the world is today, things happen at movie theatres and malls….you have to take extreme measures to protect fans. We’ll have the metal detectors right at the doors when you come in.”"

Surely this guy should win Heel of the Year by default at this year's Carnys?

Alternative joke for this bit:
Does this qualify as shoot of the year?

Last I heard everyone in ROH is bitching about about the company at this point.

Meltzer smacked that down pretty hard. Basically, sometimes Delirious is hard to get in touch with which annoys people and the contracts of Moose and Roddy are up soon. If someone offers more $ they'll leave. Which is the exact same spot as last year and both re-signed. Not exactly a roster in revolt.

Top Bottom