• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

wow you have terrible opinions
suck_it.png

Ithil

Hahahaha.... No.

Better wrestler, better talker (and I know what people are gonna say to this, but it's true). Sasha has a flashy gimmick to fall back on that covers up a lot of flaws. I like Sasha but she's quite overhyped at this stage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW didn't go under because of ratings. Mike Sanders in the main event drew better ratings than Roman Reigns does. Went under because of corporate restructuring and a dumb as fuck merger.

klonere

Banned
The emotional turmoil of watching this Dunne/HASKINS match.

With End leaving for the WWE its clear that Haskins was going to win the whole thing :(

You expect him to do treated with any kind of respect? Be real in your expectations.

Respect?

RESPECT?

The Man has been holding us down for too long playa'. The white man doesn't want us to succeed. If you've got a problem with that, get your honky ass to the ring, because it's time for

THE WHITE BOY CHALLENGE

Mark%20Henry_%20Teddy%20Long_%20Rodney%20Mack%20P-868.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Better wrestler, better talker (and I know what people are gonna say to this, but it's true). Sasha has a flashy gimmick to fall back on that covers up a lot of flaws. I like Sasha but she's quite overhyped at this stage.

Nobody is more overrated than that steampunk gimmicked tryhard Becky Lynch. Shitty gimmick, sloppy wrestler, barely understandable and to top it off tries way too hard to be seen as funny and quirky.

I am not buying what you are selling you orange haired walking spray tan.

Sephzilla

Saying Sasha is overrated and Becky is better is a bit funny when you remember that Sasha's best match happened with a different NXT main-event woman who wasn't named Becky Lynch.

djgtu52.gif

klonere

Banned
I need to see the finals of the BosJ, is it up on YouTube?

Nope, gotta shell out 999yen, njpwworld.com

Nobody is more overrated than that steampunk gimmicked tryhard Becky Lynch. Shitty gimmick, sloppy wrestler, barely understandable and to top it off tries way too hard to be seen as funny and quirky.

none of the wwe women are actually that good and the 4 Horsewomen are all on the relative same level. They just had the benefit of being in a promotion for a while that was determined to actually use them properly and accentuate positives

Hex

Banned

Aiii hit it on the head. Sasha is great in the ring, but really has no personality other than the "I'm the boss" attitude thing and "She is Snoop's cousin"
It works for her, but there is no range at all.

Ithil

Yes I'm aware she's the bane of your existence for some reason, you've made that clear many times.

Saying Sasha is overrated and Becky is better is a bit funny when you remember that Sasha's best match happened with a different NXT main-event woman who wasn't named Becky Lynch.

djgtu52.gif

Which says more about how underrated Bayley is and how strong the storyline leading into and concluding in said match was, as well as a larger hardcore crowd in attendance.

Aiii hit it on the head. Sasha is great in the ring, but really has no personality other than the "I'm the boss" attitude thing and "She is Snoop's cousin"

I would say she has plenty of range but the booking limits her options.

AbjRpxj.gif

Yeah, and we'll see how "great" Bayley is too when she's on the main roster and doesn't have a month to plan out and practice her big matches.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I mean, you can argue it however you want, but as far as main roster goes it isn't debatable that Becky's been better. Sure, its because she's gotten 10 times the opportunities that Sasha has, for whatever reason, but its true. In all honesty, Sasha's promo work has been pretty bad on the main roster too even when they give her a chance.

It is true that they're running Becky out there instead of Sasha for some reason and I don't exactly know what it is.

Ithil

I must have read a different post by Aiii.

Ithil

Yeah, and we'll see how "great" Bayley is too when she's on the main roster and doesn't have a month to plan out and practice her big matches.

The problem with this soundbyte you keep pushing is the best part of Bayley's big matches has nothing to do with lots of moves or technical prowess.

I'm watching Lucha Azteca/Elite and Bobby Lashley seems to have lost some muscle mass.

Also he has his WWE theme because lolLuchaLibreMusicCopyright

The problem with this soundbyte you keep pushing is the best part of Bayley's big matches has nothing to do with lots of moves or technical prowess.

So, you're saying Bayley's or Sasha's Takeover matches would be just as praised if they was the same exact character and had the same exact charisma but were Eva Marie tier in the ring? I highly doubt that.

Ithil

So, you're saying Bayley's or Sasha's Takeover matches would be just as praised if they was the same exact character and had the same exact charisma but were Eva Marie tier in the ring? I highly doubt that.

Are you claiming that without "a month to practice literally 100% of their match!" they are Eva Marie tier in the ring?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

But didn't Sasha and Becky have a really good TakeOver match also

klonere

Banned
Becky is stirring some really strong emotions in you guys, she's just a person on WWE TV who loses sometimes, wins sometimes, has a one note gimmick and is clearly talented but poorly utilized on most occasions.

So she's just like literally everyone else on the roster, I don't see what's so offensive.

Everyone you ever liked is trash

ZfwrHyD.gif

Sasha better turn heel when she wins the belt. She's way better as a heel and from what we've seen her face work is basically her making the occasional save to another face and not much else.

Becky's terrible booking has gotten in the way of making her look good. If Sasha was the one playing sidekick to Natalya not even she would be able to save it because it is just that terrible. Becky easily could be champion if they actually had her win some matches but she's either losing cleanly or winning by DQ. Sasha's not appearing properly until her story with Charlotte starts to ensure she looks strong, meanwhile Becky has lost twice to Dana Brooke despite Dana clearly being green as hell in the ring. They don't have plans for Becky, but they don't want to have Sasha being the one losing all of the time when she's going to be a champ in a few months so Becky has to deal with the losses and bad storylines.

klonere

Banned

nope because Eva Marie isn't capable of playing a character like Sasha or Bayley which is what really got that match over along with a few key, planned, practiced spots.

Shhh Jessie is doing his contrarian thing

I'm doing my "Sasha and Bayley are perfectly good wrestlers but their awesome matches are because of planning and practice, not because their fantastic workers as many claim" thing.

I like Sasha and Bayley. But let's be clear here before we crown their asses - in AJW in the 90's, they'd be second or third match on the card girls at best. Maybe in 4 or 5 years with ring work, they'll be legitimately great, but let's give them the time to actually become legitimately great before we get another Angle situation on our hands when it comes to in-ring work.

Ithil

nope because Eva Marie isn't capable of playing a character like Sasha or Bayley which is what really got that match over along with a few key, planned, practiced spots.

Yes, not to downplay how awful Eva Marie is in the ring, because she is truly terrible, but her bigger problem is her total lack of charisma or personality. Right down to 0%, which is really some feat.

Elite has a good card Thursday . Flamita debuts.

ELITE (THU) 06/09/2016 Arena México
1) Estrellita & Marcela vs Keira & Lady Maravilla
2) Dinamic Black, El Bandido, Fuego (CMLL) vs Eterno, Fresero Jr., Luzbel
3) Flamita, Rocky Lobo, Titán vs Argos, Puma, Tiger
4) Cibernético vs Negro Casas [Liga Elite]
5) Ángel de Oro, Carístico, Golden Magic vs Diamante Azul, Mr. Niebla, Rey Escorpión
6) Atlantis vs Último Guerrero [Liga Elite]

klonere

Banned
Fuck me that Haskins/Dunne match was incredible. Everything I want in a pro wrestling bout.

HASKINS WHY DIDN'T YOU DRINK ANY FUCKING WATER FUCKKKKKK

Top Bottom