• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Hello Wrasslegaf, this is my first post on GAF

Been lurking in the Wrasslin threads for a while now and just got my account validated. I Watch WWE and TNA.

Top 5 current

Dolph Ziggler
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Austin Aries
AJ Lee

Aiii

So not worth it

Been lurking in the Wrasslin threads for a while now and just got my account validated. I Watch WWE and TNA.

Top 5 current

Dolph Ziggler
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Austin Aries
AJ Lee

Yes. Well done.

Aiii

So not worth it
7055%20-%20Boogie_Knights%20Dancing%20Disco_Inferno%20alex_wright%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20monday_nitro%20sunglasses%20wcw.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Disco Inferno month for Sunflower is confirmed.

Nebula

Top 5 current

Dolph Ziggler
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Austin Aries
AJ Lee

Are you here to join The Family?

WELCOME!

jmdajr

My casual wrestling fan buddy really wants to sit ring side for upcoming Smackdown in Houston. But shit, 95 bucks a ticket face value.

We went to the anniversary Raw in January, his first wrestling event, and he was not down with the nose bleeds.

Another thing he could not handle was no commentary. For some reason he thought it would be over the PA system. Not sure how he figured that. I know for awhile you could rent a head set but I have no clue if they still do that.

Kaladin

My casual wrestling fan buddy really wants to sit ring side for upcoming Smackdown in Houston. But shit, 95 bucks a ticket face value.

We went to the anniversary Raw in January, his first wrestling event, and he was not down with the nose bleeds.

Another thing he could not handle was no commentary. For some reason he thought it would be over the PA system. Not sure how he figured that. I know for awhile you could rent a head set but I have no clue if they still do that.

You can usually buy one at the merch booths.

Kaladin

Do you think they will have one even for taped Smackdown?

Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Aiii

So not worth it
Commentary is live, so I don't see why not.

But why would you voluntarily listen to WWE's commentary? Most of the time I'd love for commentary to be optional.

jmdajr

Commentary is live, so I don't see why not.

But why would you voluntarily listen to WWE's commentary? Most of the time I'd love for commentary to be optional.

I don't really care but this dude really wants to experience it that way.

Hell if I could listen for free on my own set it be nice, but no.

The Japanese press are reporting the Abdullah Kobayashi may have contracted Hepatitis C - he was pulled from all upcoming Big Japan events and other wrestlers are being tested.

This could be a potentially dangerous situation for BJW, as Kobayashi's already worked 25 hardcore/deathmatches this year against practically every other deathmatch wrestler in the company and some from outside of BJW, like CZW's Danny Havoc who he wrestled in the Deathmatch Survivor tournament last month. Havoc, meanwhile, is favourite to win CZW's Tournament of Death on June 8th, a tournament from which Matt Tremont has been removed amid rumours about his own possible contraction of Hep C.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Japanese press are reporting the Abdullah Kobayashi may have contracted Hepatitis C - he was pulled from all upcoming Big Japan events and other wrestlers are being tested.

This could be a potentially dangerous situation for BJW, as Kobayashi's already worked 25 hardcore/deathmatches this year against practically every other deathmatch wrestler in the company and some from outside of BJW, like CZW's Danny Havoc who he wrestled in the Deathmatch Survivor tournament last month. Havoc, meanwhile, is favourite to win CZW's Tournament of Death on June 8th, a tournament from which Matt Tremont has been removed amid rumours about his own possible contraction of Hep C.

I saw this earlier today - it's a funeral bell for these types of insane matches, and it should. Either have VERY strict guidelines in place before people do these matches (lol not these carnies!) or cut it out completely as a health risk. Horrible shit.

I saw this earlier today - it's a funeral bell for these types of insane matches, and it should. Either have VERY strict guidelines in place before people do these matches (lol not these carnies!) or cut it out completely as a health risk. Horrible shit.

They definitely need to regulate this shit in some way - if you're working with blood, you should be regularly tested. But there's little chance of that happening in CZW, even less in some of the even more low rent deathmatch indies like IWA-DS, as the promotions wouldn't be willing to foot the bill. BJW's another matter, so if it turns out that if Kobayashi is indeed infected (he finds out the results on Monday), hopefully it leads to them bringing in much stricter guidelines. They could also do with cutting down the sheer number of deathmatches they put on.

strobogo

Banned
Wrestling is like, the most un-PC form of entertainment left in America and what Bret said wasn't even mean spirited or offensive.

I watched a match this morning from BJW. Necro Butcher was in a tag team with some guy against Mr. Pogo and another guy. This guy pulls out a scythe and starts attacking Necro, then gets a drill out and drills him.

Nuts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Changed my mind - I would love a tag that said DISCO FEVER and I'd permanently lock my avatar to this.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Top 5 current

Dolph Ziggler
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Austin Aries
AJ Lee
WTF? What about Kane?!?!

Top Bottom