• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

WTF? What about Kane?!?!

late 90's/ early 2000's Kane was great, he was one of my favorites of that era. I give him a ton of credit for his longevity in the business. WWE has downplayed him as a monster and that's ruining him. I want the Royal Rumble record holder so crazy he elimates himself Kane.

Bret Hart's apology:

I sincerely apologize to anyone that was in any way offended by my in-ring joke to Pat Patterson on Monday, especially to Pat ... whom I hold in the highest regard. I was only trying to take some of the edge off an emotionally challenging moment and I failed. The comment does not in any way reflect my feelings toward the gay and lesbian community.

BFIB

Why would Bret be apologizing? Bret's main color was pink when he wrestled. Pat Patterson even wouldn't go that far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking SO good.

mXfxyPa.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I think El Hijo del Perfecto could get over if they just let him be Mr. Perfect's son and not half ass it. Think of how much they put into Ted DiBiase Jr. being the son of Ted DiBiase and put that on McGillicutty, who is a lot more talented and it could work out.

Kaladin

Fandango was interviewed recently and he talked about the crowd doing the Fandango the day after Wrestlemania.....

pwinsider said:
"I almost started smiling when they were doing it just because that Monday Night Raw was unbelievable. For me being a wrestling fan, that was one of those crowds that kind of reminds me of the old ECW arena where the fans became part of the show. Anyone that got to go out there that Monday night after 'Mania got to enjoy that crowd. First thought in my head was, 'Oh, can we make some money off of this?' That's all I thought about honestly. We did the Europe tour right after that. The Raw after 'Mania we went to Europe for two weeks on tour, and just the crowd reaction over there was unbelievable, so maybe I'm like the new Hasselhoff where I'm just big over in Europe."

tumblr_m1yjjvClrv1r2zvsmo1_400.jpg

The Kid

I'm a lurker and don't really watch wrestling anymore but saw the Disco Inferno love and had to share. As a kid I watched a lot of WCW and was a huge Disco Inferno mark. I remember Disco had a match with Jericho for the cruiserweight championship (before Jericho lost it to Malenko) on a Nitro or Thunder. At the time Jericho had a penchant for taking articles of clothing from people he beat. I hated Jericho and thought Disco would win. Jericho won and proceeded to take Disco Inferno's headband. That left me legit shook and I've been scarred by the memory ever since.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a lurker and don't really watch wrestling anymore but saw the Disco Inferno love and had to share. As a kid I watched a lot of WCW and was a huge Disco Inferno mark. I remember Disco had a match with Jericho for the cruiserweight championship (before Jericho lost it to Malenko) on a Nitro or Thunder. At the time Jericho had a penchant for taking articles of clothing from people he beat. I hated Jericho and thought Disco would win. Jericho won and proceeded to take Disco Inferno's headband. That left me legit shook and I've been scarred by the memory ever since.

ANOTHER FAVORITE MEMBER~

Here's a match on Thunder with Disco & Alex Wright vs the worst tag team in history (even worse than the Godwinns) - Public Enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4y5pJUPvDE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's all well and dandy, but the difference between them is that Tokyo Magnum was always more than just a Dancing Fool, even if he didn't get to show it in WCW.

I so wish this hadn't been fake, would've made such an awesome team for King of Trios;

I love all three of them, it would be like...like something perfect. Sigh.

And don't let anyone even mention Too Cool. Those fools, literal fools, never had the chops to hang with these three.

'Sup Mrs. Steen?

He was hardly over with the crowd. It was a rebellious act that the WWE twisted and turned into a meme that they could monetize and kill.

Even still as that's going on his thoughts should absolutely be "How do I monetize this?", because it's a business wherein his ability to bring money in to the company is paramount. Fandango was briefly a top 5 merch mover on WWE shop, they just did a piss poor job of keeping him/the meme over.

strobogo

Banned
ANOTHER FAVORITE MEMBER~

Here's a match on Thunder with Disco & Alex Wright vs the worst tag team in history (even worse than the Godwinns) - Public Enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4y5pJUPvDE

Woah woah, PE were perfectly fine in ECW and pretty enjoyable in WCW. The Godwinns were always terrible. From the WCW days to the Godwinns to Southern Justice. Two of the shittiest dudes I've ever seen in wrestling, yet they had jobs for pretty much the entire decade of the 90s in the two biggest US promotions.

Also, remember when WWF magazine tried to imply that Disco was coming in? It was a silhouette of him/Travolta with a disco ball. I feel like this was sometime in the late 90s/early 2000s but before WCW folded.

Top Bottom