• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Admit it, we have all had some sort of version of this fantasy

2013-05-25-sign-of-hope.jpg

strobogo

Banned
My library has a really solid selection of movies/tv shows, but I don't like interacting with the librarians. I was about to get the Alien Quadrilogy for all the extras, but then I shirked at having to talk to people.

bangai-o

Banned
My library has a really solid selection of movies/tv shows, but I don't like interacting with the librarians. I was about to get the Alien Quadrilogy for all the extras, but then I shirked at having to talk to people.

take the risk. the extras in Alien 3 are great. they showed the puppet they used and how it operated. I dont remember the extras for the other movies though. I think Aliens had an alternate opening.

strobogo

Banned
It has theatrical and DC versions of all 4, plus commentaries on all of them, plus the giant documentary on the whole series, and like 10 more more features for each movie. It's pretty nuts. My library has self check out, too. I should have gone for it. But I also have games and other things to watch before I start renting movies I already have seen just to listen to commentaries.

bangai-o

Banned
I'm a librarian.

btw, I am halfway through Creasy book 2. I think I have found my favorite book genre. Now that Ive started watching The Shield, ive been wondering about some some cop dramas in books. Do you have any writer recommendations along David Morrel and AJ Quinnel?

btw, I am halfway through Creasy book 2. I think I have found my favorite book genre. Now that Ive started watching The Shield, ive been wondering about some some cop dramas in books. Do you have any writer recommendations along David Morrel and AJ Quinnel?
Joseph Wambaugh is a pretty celebrated police story author.

Kaladin

Not big on cop dramas really. My fictional tastes lie with science fiction, fantasy and horror. I'm not that familiar with cop dramas past the mainstream stuff.

My best advice is to search for the authors you like on Amazon Books and look at their recommendations. That's what I typically do when I'm not familiar with a genre.

KissVibes

Banned
I had a nightmare where I fought Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship at WM35 held at Fed Ex Field and it was just awesome. It was hyped as "A tale of two Bryan's" (I don't know why I was using my real name and not Shark Johnson) and the match was excellent. It was just a half hour of quality wrestling and in-ring storytelling. I won, obviously, because it was my dream. Then, Triple H, now CEO of WWE, hit me in the face with a min-sledgehammer he had hidden in the sleeve of his suit jacket and held an impromptu match where a "returning" John Cena pinned me for the title.

HE WAS ONLY GONE FOR TWO WEEKS.

After that I got up at 6 and worked from 7:30 to 4. What a terrible day.

jred2k

Keyser is taking a sharp left turn towards #HEEL. I hope he doesn't careen off a cliff in to the ban pit.
yes I do :evilface

I'm majorly upset over this baby living out my life dreams and reflecting my actual emotions if I were in the same situation.

I can also tell from those photos that the baby shit it's pants.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vickie looked right at us from the bus when entering the arena in Rotterdam, but she didn't wave back at us.

I am gonna blame the jetlag, but I was very dissapointed.

What the frick? Just use the self-checkout machine. Place whatever you want on hold through the library's website from the comfort of your home, in which you've no doubt sat in your own filth for 3 days and couldn't even muster the energy to wash your balls in the sink at the very least. Once your holds are available, wash your balls over the sink, go to the library and find the reserved shelf, find your crap, turn around toward the self-checkout, and get the F out.

Takes 2-3 minutes tops inside the library with zero human interaction.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tornadoes comin, feels real bad :(

This is the last day of it and it's super dangerous

If I die, I demand a tournament to decide whether Disco Inferno quote or Batista quote ends up on my headstone

Don't let me down GAF!

Embrace the librarians in your arms and hug them. They'll appreciate the human interaction and so will you.

I don't understand why the librarians are checking out books in Strobogo's library, don't they have clerks to do that? Unless Strobogo walk up to the fricken' reference desk and asked a librarian to direct him to the the Alien trilogy dvds, whether or not they have The Observer archived on microfiche, and if he can use their internet to browse diva pics on wwe.com.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck the rules I'm posting a magazine scan

no mod will touch Disco Inferno

vw8BsIa.jpg

Slizeezyc

Last night's Evolve show was as good as I've seen from them total show wise. Definitely worth picking up.

Also there last night, it really was great. It's worth checking out just for the brutal Eita vs. TT chop battle and a very good 6-way Fray! match.

There really wasn't a bad match on the card though, just felt like those two matches were my favorites from last night.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, Josh Matthews has been kicked off of the Smackdown announce team.

Guess he's exclusive to Main Event now, poor guy.

bangai-o

Banned
His commentary has been not good lately, always trying to start arguments that lead to nothing about anything. it is just awkward.

Probably worth mentioning I went to a Mick Foley comedy show yesterday. I've heard a lot of people say that it's still entertaining for audience members who aren't into wrestling, which is kind of true in that he's a good storyteller, but I'd strongly recommend against bringing friends who aren't into pro graps as he does use a bit of wrestling jargon and all/most of his stories are wrestling focused.

At the end of the set he did some Q+A and brought up Nattie Neidhart and Diana Hart to participate as well. No real highlights from that, my friend asked Nattie what was up with the farting gimmick and whether it was a rib. Her response was basically "I get asked about that all the time and almost never about my time as Divas' champion, so even if people tell me I should be doing something else I was happy to be doing something people found somewhat memorable." Mick added that at least she had the balls to do it, because even if it was bad it would have been worse if she'd half-assed it.

I didn't use the opportunity to ask Mick about Boy Meets World, which I sort of already regret.

Top Bottom