• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

crazy buttocks on a train's latest drunking ramblings / thread compared major nelson to Al Snow.

Which one of you fuckers is CBOAT?

UdrZqq2.gif

lol @ dream commending Bobo on "getting out" of the The Business™, but he comes back with arguably more information on current WWE events than I who claims to dislike the company but is still kinda watching.

Something ain't right.

Ugh, I just spent silly money on shmups. I feel dirty.

But, still, at least now Dodonpachi Saidaioujou and Mushihimesama HD will be mine!

*edit, awesome!! Thanks for the link Reneledarker!!

Prince Devitt press conference, about 8 minutes in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsu9B6GOjQ8

Also, the full card for DOMINION;

NJPW, "DOMINION 6.22", 2013.06.22
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

0. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
2. Yuji Nagata, Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale
3. IWGP Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
4. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway (c) vs. Manabu Nakanishi
5. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
6. Tetsuya Naito Return Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi
7. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
8. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Togi Makabe

Now available for pre-order; http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

KissVibes

Banned
how much are sony paying you astroturfer

An illegal amount.

I'm glad you got the joke of me randomly coming into the Wrasslin thread to mention hot unnamed Sony games.

But I did hear there was five big ones that'll have me hyped as fuck. Can't wait to see what they are because it takes a lot to hype me, but I trust the guy that told me so.

Aiii

So not worth it
An illegal amount.

I'm glad you got the joke of me randomly coming into the Wrasslin thread to mention hot unnamed Sony games.

But I did hear there was five big ones that'll have me hyped as fuck. Can't wait to see what they are because it takes a lot to hype me, but I trust the guy that told me so.

Sony always manages to hype me. They don't always deliver, but I'll be damned if I'm not getting hyped.

Shame the fools schedule their press conference at 4 AM European time, idiots.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only thing I'm interested in about MS's conference, rumor-wise, is Dead Rising 3. And it sounds like that's not even exclusive.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have almost no interest in Xbox One anymore. I'll watch just to see how many Kinect games are amongst their anounced exclusives so I can watch the internet explode.

Wasn't that interested to begin with as FPS just doesn't interest me that much and as such the 360 (even though I own a regular and a slim one) didn't deliver anyways. But not actually owning my own games and having a guarantee they'll be playable long after Xbox shuts down the One servers is enough reason for me to stay away from the system.

The 2nd hand and trading isn't a dealbreaker for me, I buy new and don't sell/trade anyways, but not actually owning my games is where I draw the line.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like those people who go to bestbuy to look at tvs then buy it online

I'll watch the MS conference to see gameplay of Witcher 3 and Dead Rising then go 'Cool! ...Can't wait to buy them on PS4.' More excited about my 3ds than anything else this year, aside from GTA and Jojos really.

Mengetsu

I have almost no interest in Xbox One anymore. I'll watch just to see how many Kinect games are amongst their anounced exclusives so I can watch the internet explode.

Wasn't that interested to begin with as FPS just doesn't interest me that much and as such the 360 (even though I own a regular and a slim one) didn't deliver anyways. But not actually owning my own games and having a guarantee they'll be playable long after Xbox shuts down the One servers is enough reason for me to stay away from the system.

The 2nd hand and trading isn't a dealbreaker for me, I buy new and don't sell/trade anyways, but not actually owning my games is where I draw the line.

I agree. After owning a 360 this gen and having my fun with COD and such I'v missed my JRPG's and and more causal fun games so I want a PS4 this time around plus I'll be getting what everyone else is anyway. MS first party games don't interest me anymore. Besides after MS betraying the gaming fan base with there always online and no used games I just can't deal with that. I'm clearly not there target demographic so I hope Wallmart Joe's like there streaming/downloading movies and TV shows. I'm tapping out.

Kaladin

Drake plz

ioXTWUfM3ejkX.jpg

This match was an example of why Scaffold matches usually don't work. Other than that, the first half of TOD was great. It has been rather tame aside from Lucky 13's unfortunate puncture wound near his kidneys. The International Panes of Glass match was the best I've seen so far.

Going on to round 2 this morning after I watch Mad Men.

Aiii

So not worth it
E3 should be well exciting actually. New hardware, Wii U MEGATONS (Best happen Nintendo!), Handheld madness (Vita getting full remote play for PS4 titles is like my wet dreams come true) and more. Yay E3!

Microsoft however have screwed themselves with the DRM stuff, imagine if PS4 doesn't follow suit. Average Joe is gonna walk into the store, ask the salesman what he should buy, PS4 or Xbone? Can't imagine him buying an Xbone for his kids after he finds out how it needs to be always online or become unplayable.

Prince Devitt press conference, about 8 minutes in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsu9B6GOjQ8

Also, the full card for DOMINION;

NJPW, "DOMINION 6.22", 2013.06.22
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

0. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
2. Yuji Nagata, Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale
3. IWGP Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
4. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway (c) vs. Manabu Nakanishi
5. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
6. Tetsuya Naito Return Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi
7. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
8. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Togi Makabe

Now available for pre-order; http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

Forever Hooligans vs Time Splitters is the most done feud in wrestling. I like all these guys but they've had at least six matches in the last year. Honestly, of the first four matches I'm only excited for the Bullet Club match. Goto / Shibata and Tanahashi / Devitt should be awesome though, unless Tanahashi's too busted up.

Forever Hooligans vs Time Splitters is the most done feud in wrestling. I like all these guys but they've had at least six matches in the last year. Honestly, of the first four matches I'm only excited for the Bullet Club match. Goto / Shibata and Tanahashi / Devitt should be awesome though, unless Tanahashi's too busted up.

Tanahashi seems to be OK, it was apparently only a muscle strain in his back that should be fine by DOMINION and, yeah, Forever Hooligans vs Time Splitters has been done to death, but it really illustrates just how weak the New Japan Jr's division is.

Once Devitt leaves, the Jr. division will consist of Shelley, KUSHIDA, Romero, Koslov, TAKA, Taichi, Jado, Gedo, Inoue (injured), Taguchi (injured), BUSHI, Liger, Takahashi (just left for a year-long tour of the UK) & Tiger Mask. They desperately need some new blood, or to figure out a way to make guys like KUSHIDA & BUSHI relevant. Liger & Tiger are too old and giving them the tag belts or a Jr. Heavyweight title run would be a step backwards. Taguchi...I don't know what to make of him. He's a fine wrestler, but he's kinda boring.

I'd like to see them bring in Omega & Ibushi on a more permanent basis and try to bring over some of the Dragon Gate guys - Masato Yoshino, for instance. Also, I really like Taichi, I find it crazy that he hasn't got a title yet, or that he and TAKA haven't once challenged for the Jr. Tag Titles.

E3 should be well exciting actually. New hardware, Wii U MEGATONS (Best happen Nintendo!), Handheld madness (Vita getting full remote play for PS4 titles is like my wet dreams come true) and more. Yay E3!

Microsoft however have screwed themselves with the DRM stuff, imagine if PS4 doesn't follow suit. Average Joe is gonna walk into the store, ask the salesman what he should buy, PS4 or Xbone? Can't imagine him buying an Xbone for his kids after he finds out how it needs to be always online or become unplayable.

Well, I'll be almost certainly buying an Xbox- to me, its absurd that people buying these systems in 2013 don't have broadband access so I think the DRM issue is being blown significantly out of proportion.

I'm also really excited about the 3DS offerings but have absolutely zero interest in the Vita (for the life of me, I have no idea what the market for the Vita is and sales figures reflect that).

IP wise there is very little that I am excited to hear about from Sony so I'll be watching RAW tonight.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I guess if you have any thoughts for the day, post em!
why do people hate the s3 finale? did they want episode 9 redux?

I mean, COME ON.\\

oh you mean e3

You know what I want out of next-gen gaming? I want to press start and not be greeted with a 5 minute CG and a 15+minute forced tutorial.

FUCK OFF DEVS

Better get this out of the way. Last year I was Team Ambrose and it has paid off quite well to my great enjoyment. Now its time to advocate another wrassler as my avatar for the foreseeable future and that's Paige. I'll try and get animal crossing later so i can share my friend code and do animal crossing type things. I won't be home till later tonight but i hope to be around in time for the main event of raw and most of the sony conference. See you all on the other side (and in my town perhaps)

Well, I'll be almost certainly buying an Xbox- to me, its absurd that people buying these systems in 2013 don't have broadband access so I think the DRM issue is being blown significantly out of proportion.

You wouldn't think it were so absurd if you lived in a remote area with bad coverage. Hell, I have a great connection, but it was down for 3 days just a few weeks ago. There's no way I'm buying a console that wouldn't work for single player games under those circumstances.

Aiii

So not worth it
You wouldn't think it were so absurd if you lived in a remote area with bad coverage. Hell, I have a great connection, but it was down for 3 days just a few weeks ago. There's no way I'm buying a console that wouldn't work for single player games under those circumstances.

Not just that, what if there's a server issue on Xbox side that has the cloud go down for a period of time (or if they're hacked and have to take the service down for an extended period of time).

Not to mention what happens in the future if Microsoft ever goes out of business or closes down it's Xbox division or whatever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My only concern with the new systems is that if one bombs, it doesn't get all the games. I'm a pretty firm believer in buying everything that's out, and not limiting myself (and I know most people aren't like that and I see where they're coming from) - but nobody wants a system that dies at retail and never realizes it's full potential (what up Dreamcast.) Kinda why I never dove into the Wii U.

A lot of problems are solved if you live in the city and can afford to buy it all, but I'm not as enthused as I have been in years past, at all. Not even close.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's the thing, I buy everything, alot of the times twice. I have two 360's, two PS3's, three 3DS, a shitload of iPad's, a Wii and a Wii U. I have like 3 PSP's too and 3 DS's.

Seriously, I have way too much money and am too much of a gadgetfreak to pretty much resist anything anyone brings out. You have to be making a pretty shitty ass product to get me from buying one on day one and Xbox is the first in years to manage this.

It's quite an accomplishment.

I wrote a member-article on a Dutch gamingwebsite: http://www.insidegamer.nl/community...-in-de-vliegende-fok-zijn-jullie-aan-het-doen

Judging by the responses there, MS is pretty much screwed if their plans continue as they are and the PS4 is less intrusive and lets you actually own and play games offline.

jred2k

In like 24 hours all of the major info should be out, I'm gonna reserve my judgement until then. No matter how much Microsoft doesn't want it to be just a gaming console, thats still my primary focus so as long as it has some great games I'll get one eventually. I was already nervous about their next console before all this DRM shit because of how unreliable the hardware was for the first few years of the 360.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's the thing, I buy everything, alot of the times twice. I have two 360's, two PS3's, three 3DS, a shitload of iPad's, a Wii and a Wii U. I have like 3 PSP's too and 3 3DS's.

Seriously, I have way too much money and am too much of a gadgetfreak to pretty much resist anything anyone brings out. You have to be making a pretty shitty ass product to get me from buying one on day one and Xbox is the first in years to manage this.

It's quite an accomplishment.

I wrote a member-article on a Dutch gamingwebsite: http://www.insidegamer.nl/community...-in-de-vliegende-fok-zijn-jullie-aan-het-doen

Judging by the responses there, MS is pretty much screwed if their plans continue as they are and the PS4 is less intrusive and lets you actually own and play games offline.

I can't read moon-runes so I'll assume you said "I need to be responsible with my money"

jmdajr

That's the thing, I buy everything, alot of the times twice. I have two 360's, two PS3's, three 3DS, a shitload of iPad's, a Wii and a Wii U. I have like 3 PSP's too and 3 3DS's.

woah.

I think the only time a had two of something was I had 2 original xboxes( Halo Lan parties) and a ps2 and ps2 slim.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't read moon-runes so I'll assume you said "I need to be responsible with my money"

Doesn't your browser come with built-in translations? I took the effort to learn your language ffs, the least you can do is get a basic understanding of mine!

And yeah, I can't be trusted with money at all. I'm pretty much a lost cause. I try to cut back but then they come out with a new console and it's even shinier than the last and I need to own it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't your browser come with built-in translations? I took the effort to learn your language ffs, the least you can do is get a basic understanding of mine!

And yeah, I can't be trusted with money at all. I'm pretty much a lost cause. I try to cut back but then they come out with a new console and it's even shinier than the last and I need to own it.

The way I see it, if it isn't in English it's probably not worth readin

oe2PRtE.gif

sarcasm

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to own all the systems and then buy the games I truly want rather than buying more games for that system that I only kind of want to try to justify thing the thing. But I'm also not stupid about it, I don't do it until there's 5 games coming out that I know I'll want. Wii U currently has three (Bayonetta, X, Sonic Lost World and likely four with after today 3D Mario.) Vita has 1 (Ys 8) and I don't care about it streaming PS4 games. Like I don't care about handhelds. I didn't buy a 3ds because it was a handheld, I bought it because it had games that I want.

I know I'll buy a PS4 day one because I'll want the 'new hotness.' But xbox, it simply won't happen. It's not the DRM(I have a Steam account) it's the online thing. Like, yeah, I usually have online. But what about when I don't? You know what I do when I don't have internet? I play fucking video games. And that's not even my main concern, it's THEM. Like let's say we can trust MS's online from years of live, but you have to realize that hackers will try to DDOS this thing to hell to prove a point.

That thing is just one big target, so I can't imagine I'll be interested in it until it has more lenient online requirements or none at all.

Top Bottom