• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Vince should bring in some Lost writers so we're required to tune in every week just so we can find out what the fuck is happening.

That used to be how Raw went off every week. You wanted to tune in the next week to see what crazy thing happened next. Now it's just boring monotonous tv that you can miss weeks/months of at a time and truly not miss anything important. They do possess one quality of the Lost writing team though. Lack of satisfying payoff on storylines.

McNei1y

That used to be how Raw went off every week. You wanted to tune in the next week to see what crazy thing happened next. Now it's just boring monotonous tv that you can miss weeks/months of at a time and truly not miss anything important. They do possess one quality of the Lost writing team though. Lack of satisfying payoff on storylines.

Lol so true.

I do miss looking forward to the following weeks feeling. It was up there with my GoT and The Wire anticipation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"Team Ambition"? Christ, Richards, and I thought you couldn't come up with a worse name than 'American Wolves', AND you managed to, yet again, pick a tag team partner with as much personality as you.

CM Punk the person sold out over and over again, but the character is very similar (just now he's lauded as a hero by former Meth Hardy fans and become far more unpalatable to reasonable human beings). Realistically he (the character) was always a self serving hypocrite, just before he was more fun to watch and listen to.

Daniel Bryan the character went from an asexual submission wrestling machine with a YouTube account and plans to use MITB honorably, to an arrogant megaheel who berates women and questions Gene Labell's record. Incidentally this genesis made him even better.

Neither of them were totally right in their accusations about the other, unless you choose to believe one was talking "in character" and the other wasn't.

Fucking shoot era

RBH

"Team Ambition"? Christ, Richards, and I thought you couldn't come up with a worse name than 'American Wolves', AND you managed to, yet again, pick a tag team partner with as much personality as you.

But they have AMBITION! And PASSION! And they're SUPER SERIOUS about everything!

Fuck Davey Richards.

Cagey

Banned
They should do a show that begins with a Tensai match and then later on have Prince Albert or A-Train appear for the Past Raw Star match. Then have everyone act like they aren't the same person.

I hope the crowd serenades him with TENNNNNSAIIIII

Kaladin

But they have AMBITION! And PASSION! And they're SUPER SERIOUS about everything!

Fuck Davey Richards.

I hope their ambition is to go after the tag titles, because Davey will never get another shot at the world title while Steen holds it.

I hope their ambition is to go after the tag titles, because Davey will never get another shot at the world title while Steen holds it.

Calling it now, Davey beats Elgin for the title at Final Battle. Will never turn heel, despite the fans growing distaste for him. He's the Cena of ROH, basically. It's a shame, as I actually like Davey as a heel.

Khrno

CM Punk the person sold out over and over again, but the character is very similar (just now he's lauded as a hero by former Meth Hardy fans and become far more unpalatable to reasonable human beings). Realistically he (the character) was always a self serving hypocrite, just before he was more fun to watch and listen to.

The problem with Punk is that complacency shown on all his promos now. Maybe being a face is too much for him? I wouldn't think so, but if you compare his promos for the last 9 months, to the ones from his summer of Punk, from the Nexus Punk, from the SES, and from ECW Punk, they have no feel, they are Cena's level of bad, stupid insulting jokes abound on all his promos.

I have no issue at all with him wanting more money and perks, everyone does, but since he got them, he doesn't put as much effort on his mic work anymore, as he uses to say, his in-ring work is 110% as usual, but his mic work is like 10% of what it was.

Kaladin

Calling it now, Davey beats Elgin for the title at Final Battle. Will never turn heel, despite the fans growing distaste for him. He's the Cena of ROH, basically. It's a shame, as I actually like Davey as a heel.

It seems like Ring of Honor always has to turn their long time champions heel because the fans turn on them.

It seems like Ring of Honor always has to turn their long time champions heel because the fans turn on them.

This has happened to pretty much every face to hold that title since Joe, yes?

I'm genuinely curious to see how the Steen era will turn out, he and Generico continue to be the best thing on any card they're on. x50 whenever they fight eachother.

The problem with Punk is that complacency shown on all his promos now. Maybe being a face is too much for him? I wouldn't think so, but if you compare his promos for the last 9 months, to the ones from his summer of Punk, from the Nexus Punk, from the SES, and from ECW Punk, they have no feel, they are Cena's level of bad, stupid insulting jokes abound on all his promos.

I have no issue at all with him wanting more money and perks, everyone does, but since he got them, he doesn't put as much effort on his mic work anymore, as he uses to say, his in-ring work is 110% as usual, but his mic work is like 10% of what it was.

CM Punk only ever really "works" as a character when he has a clear, realistic motivation, which he's been lacking as a face. It also doesn't help that in order to be top dog in the WWE they strip away everything that makes a character interesting.
It's especially infuriating because every now and then we'll see cracks of the good CM Punk breaking through his Cena/Jim Halpert routine.

ECW and later MITB Punk was nothing spectacular on the mic, but he was given almost no time to speak so the snips we got were at least somewhat meaningful.

To be honest, almost everyone is better as a heel in a WWE ring. The only exceptions are Austin (obvious reasons) and Sheamus (because he was even more bland as a heel).

y2dvd

Good morning WrassleGAF, let us bask in the glory of the Rainmaker;

ius6sSXUyXcno.jpg

RAINMAKAAAAA!!!!

John Cena
-
CM Punk
Randy Orton
-
Sheamus
Daniel Bryan
Alberto Del Rio

This list makes me sad. Would watch again for more AJ though hhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg.

Yeah, Goto proper ate that Rainmaker - I was sure he'd won it when he hit that sick neckbreaker across the knee from the top rope.

Goto--the bridesmaid... I knew he'd lose, but that spot gave me that glimmer of hope. :(

He took all of that Rainmaker.

That neckbreaker is the most cringe-inducing move in Puro these days. It's just one of those things that even if you take it perfect, hey... you only partially herniate your c-3 vertebrae. And hitting it perfect is no given--there's a lot of moving parts there. To my eye, that move makes taking El Generico's Turnbuckle Brainbuster seem as dangerous as taking a flat back bump in a bouncy castle.

hertog

Enjoyed Raw minus the usual Sheamus and Cena bullshit....... ugh

Vader looked great and that was an awesome squash. The punk/bryan/kane - AJ foursome is turning out awsome :)
Hopefully AJ makes sure that Bryan wins at no way out.

Kaladin

The 6/9 debut of Steve Austin's Redneck Island on CMT did a 0.42 rating with 665,000 viewers. It was the highest rated show for the day.

RBH

Apparently, Meltzer said on Observer Radio that no one wants to work with Ryback, so that is why they keep bringing in local talent.

Aiii

So not worth it
http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/...-61112-vader-is-here-and-nothing-else-matters

so uh, unfortunately,

Best: CM Punk Gets Shook

A few talking points from the Punk/Bryan verbal showdown:

1. Daniel Bryan continues his role as the Voice Of The Voiceless by saying what needed to be said: since Punk blew up last summer, he’s changed. He’s become that soulless, pandering asshole up top who throws his weight around and tries to look like the coolest and smartest and toughest guy on the show. Punk smirks, in the way that Summer Of Punk Punk never would, and says “the only thing that has changed about me is nothing”. I guess Titus O’Neil is writing his comebacks now.

2. Bryan points out that Punk is a sellout. Punk’s response is “funny coming from the guy in a YES YES YES t-shirt”. You know, the t-shirt WWE had to appropriate from Barbershop Window because the WrestleMania and Raw crowds in Miami wouldn’t stop yelling YES YES YES throughout the entire show, even when Bryan wasn’t in the ring. The shirt Bryan had to announce in a blushing promo at the end of a dark match to thunderous applause. The one the voiceless raised their voices and demanded. I guess Punk’s suggesting that we shouldn’t listen to those people, or maybe that they want to buy that shirt with an ice cream bar on the front that f**king nobody demanded.

3. Punk hasn’t changed since last summer. But, as my good friend Casey said, “you sure put on Triple H’s jacket, didn’t you”.

4. When Daniel Bryan calls Punk out on this stuff, what happens? Punk doesn’t “pipe bomb” him in response like he should (or like everyone assumes he could), he backs up and starts insulting the way Bryan looks. Calls him “goat face”. Hey, you know who else doesn’t pay attention to criticism about himself and calls them ugly queers for “hating” on him?

Apparently, Meltzer said on Observer Radio that no one wants to work with Ryback, so that is why they keep bringing in local talent.

The guy works stiff as shit and would you want to get destroyed in under a minute if you were a wrestler on the roster?

Khrno

Ryback is not safe to work with. I mean, he isn't even safe when working out by himself.

Top Bottom