• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

So for those who don't follow fighting games in here, there's a tournament this weekend. Why am I bringing this up?

AvXxwtUCEAEOpLW.jpg

Complete with wrestling entrances, and (hopefully) promos.

Jebailey is really going all out huh. I'll def. have to tune in.

XenoRaven

If I were playing in that tourney, I would totally have a side bet with whoever I was playing against that whoever won got to do the top rope move of their choosing. I would probably opt for sloppy CM Punk elbow drop.

Is Beef talking about vidya games? That's so nerdy, get that outta here beefaroni.

You're just mad because you claim to be the King of Games, yet your kingdom doesn't extend to the STREETS.
If I were playing in that tourney, I would totally have a side bet with whoever I was playing against that whoever won got to do the top rope move of their choosing. I would probably opt for sloppy CM Punk elbow drop.

If someone quotes Punk's infamous Raw promo, I think I just might lose my shit.

Kaladin

That looks more like a boxing ring than a wrestling ring, doubt it would support your weight on the top rope.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So for those who don't follow fighting games in here, there's a tournament this weekend. Why am I bringing this up?

AvXxwtUCEAEOpLW.jpg

Not gona lie this is exactly what I wanted from a fighting game tourney.
They need use this to set up feuds and interest for another bar fights or any set match that needs some buildup. Would def tune in again and would mark out if there were any promos or epic entrances lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pq11XPesxo

eldoon

Bobby Roode must be like the only guy TNA have ever actually made into a 'Star'. AJ Styles never really got the chance, Samoa Joe likewise.

They gave aj the belt so many times its not funny
he just sucks really hard at the mic and has 0 personality , i cant remember anything really big about him till this love angle with serge.

G-Fex

You're just mad because you claim to be the King of Games, yet your kingdom doesn't extend to the STREETS.

I've been playing in the streets before you were born Beefncheese.

I just been playing on a different street, the non button mashing one.

Psh. #Riseabovesillyfightinggames.

XenoRaven

"You know who else was a Alex Valle guy? Shizza! And he split, just like I'm splittin! But the biggest difference between me and Shizza, is that I'm leaving with the EVO championship."

YAMATO returns to Dragon Gate USA for the iPPV's on July 28th & 29th - here's the currently signed talent for both shows;

-Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano
-YAMATO
-CIMA
-Akira Tozawa
-Ricochet
-El Generico
-Rich Swann
-Chuck Taylor
-AR Fox
-Silas Young
-Arik Cannon

Also, updated talent list for the SHINE Women's Wrestling iPPV promotion which debuts on July 20th at www.wwnlive.com

. Cherry Bomb
. Sara Del Rey
. Christina Von Eerie
. Santana Garrett
. Jayme Jameson
. Jazz
. Kimberly Maddox
. Mercedez Martinez
. Rain
. Nikki Roxx
. Veda Scott
. Reby Sky
. Tracy Taylor
. Su Yung

YAMATO returns to Dragon Gate USA for the iPPV's on July 28th & 29th - here's the currently signed talent for both shows.

-Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano
-YAMATO
-CIMA
-Akira Tozawa
-Ricochet
-El Generico
-Rich Swann
-Chuck Taylor
-AR Fox
-Silas Young
-Arik Cannon

I didn't get to see YAMATO Wrestle Mania weekend so this is awesome news! I was really looking forward to going to these show's but I'm super hyped now.

Speaking of Dragon Gate, OpenTheDragonGate have the latest episode of Infinity, with the full Korakuen Hall show from last week;

Dragon Gate, "THE GATE OF MAXIMUM 2012", 07.06.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,750 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.openthedragongate.com/2012/06/infinity-258/

1. Ryo “Jimmy” Saito & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. Rich Swann & Kotoka

2. Jimmy Kagetora vs. Naoki Tanisaki

OPEN THE TRIANGLE GATE #1 CONTENDER MATCH;

3. CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, & Don Fujii vs. K-ness, Kenichiro Arai, & Super Shisa

4. Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kanda vs. Dragon Kid & Gamma

4 vs 4 YOSHIDA STYLE ELIMINATION MATCH;

5. Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk, Kzy, & Cyber Kong vs. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Chihiro Tominaga & Super Shenlong III

OPEN THE TRIANGLE GATE TITLE MATCH;

6. Naruki Doi, PAC & Masato Yoshino vs. Winners of Match 3

Check it out, the main event is great. PAC is so insanely over, and his 360 Shooting Star Press is one of the best high flying moves today.

Impact tonight looks like a great show.

*TNA champion Bobby Roode vs. Mr. Anderson.

*The fallout from Slammiversary.

*TNA X-Division champion Austin Aries will defend in an Ultimate X match vs. Zema Ion and Chris Sabin.

*12 Man Gauntlet to kick off the Bound for Glory series.

Can't wait.

Nope. Not falling for this shit again.

NWO_02151998_0006.jpg

Edgeward

Very few of the players attending would even be able to beat Batista in promos. It would have more pauses than an Orton promo as well.

Had no idea highspots did ring constuction

tm24

AvXxwtUCEAEOpLW.jpg

If the promos are as good as the stuff Jago was cutting at the first bar fights, this would be the most hype tourney ever

dream

Whoa whoa whoa, he's too big and old to be going out there every night in the ring. I'd have him come in as a manager for his son or possibly as a trainer for the big men in FCW to teach them how to work an effective big man style. Wouldn't mind giving him a chance on commentary either. Plus, he's straightened out his life and gotten off the alcohol and drugs. Being back in the ring full time would probably start bringing that lifestyle back.

This is why I was so troubled by that report, Bobo. As you know, I am a big fan of the way this horrible business forces broken down drug addicted conmen to continue "working" high school gymnasiums in their 50s because of the better than average chance of their cocaine-damaged hearts giving out, causing them to die in the ring. But by most accounts, Vader has cleaned his life up and actually saved a lot of his money and does not need to die in the ring the way many of his broken down drug addicted peers deserve to.

Ithil

I'd only watch TNA's PPVs, to be honest, and only ones with good overall cards. Any time I've watched their shows has been sleep inducing (apart from the one I saw back in maybe 2005 which were pretty good).

I already deal with one sleep inducing wrestling show a week, I don't need another company.

Unfortunately it seems like TNA treats its PPVs in a WCW manner, where major matches are given away on TV for free or repeated after the PPV.

RBH

- In the U.K., when it comes to total viewers of Raw vs. Impact for the first airing of each show, the Raw numbers were
168,000 on 5/7
197,000 on 5/14
119,000 on 5/21
150,000 on 5/28

Keep in mind this is live at 2 or 3 a.m. on a station (Sky) with limited penetration. Impact airs in prime time on a mostly game show station, but it’s a station that is a free station that almost everyone gets, but the show also airs five days after it’s U.S. airing. It’s numbers were
123,000 on 5/1
67,000 on 5/8
118,000 on 5/15
124,000 on 5/22
194,000 on 5/29

Smackdown, which airs in a better time slot on Friday nights in prime time instead of middle of the night, did
83,000 viewers on 5/4
98,000 on 5/11
95,000 on 5/18
87,000 on 5/25
130,000 on 6/1

Cagey

Banned
Nope. Not falling for this shit again.

Recording TNA tonight.

If this episode is shit, I still blame spin.

EDIT: I almost never put on SpikeTV. I put it on now before TNA starts. There's a really big fat fuck stuck in a small bathtub, and it looks like Perry Saturn is trying to pry him out. Hm.

Holy shit at Scott Steiners twitter feed. I have spent the last 20mins reading it. You gotta read it in Steiners voice. Did he really get fired?

Top Bottom