• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

G-Fex

I wonder if Vince is finally getting tired of things and showing zero tolerance.

Think about it

Orton
Del Rio
CrankyVince

a number of other things.

Going after the parody twitter account has been going on for a few months now. It's not a surprise this is happening as WWE gets more and more in bed with twitter.

G-Fex

I really really want to say Vince is snapping and pressure's got to him.

But Bobo's probably right and it's the twitter thing.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have to confess I didn't much enjoy the Cranky Vince Twitter. It's just lots of caps and swearing instead of actually funnies.

Damien-Sandow-120.jpg

Why hasn't anyone posted this?!?!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Threemendous III
Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 8:00PM Bell Time - Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag TeamChampionship Title Three-Way Ladder Match
Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied - Champions) vs. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly - Challengers)
vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Challengers)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. Willie Mack (Challenger)

Singles Match
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Sami Callihan

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Fightin' Taylor Boys (Chuck Taylor & Ryan Taylor)

Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
Brian Cage vs. Eddie Edwards

Singles Match
B-Boy vs. Drake Younger

Singles Match
Famous B vs. Joey Ryan

Aiii

So not worth it
Just listened to this. So much fun and the ending brought some warmth to my heart.

Chris Parks, you know, The Monster Abyss, deserves tons of credit for this character. Obviously he put alot of thought into it, that's hard to come by these days, so good on him.

Khrno

...ive been away what happened to those guys fired?

Cranky Vince is a parody and supposedly insider, twitter account that said Del Rio wanted to quit, however Del Rio is just injured with a concussion, so he is out of the WHC for NWO. No one knows why Del Rio wants to quit if truth, but it might be out of frustration.

While Orton got suspended 60 days for doing roids and people say that Vince is furious with him.

Khrno

If del rio was to jump ship he would be massive for tna - and their connection with AAA

I don't know, why is the reason behind him wanting to quit? It's certainly not a lack of push, he has won the Rumble, MitB and the WWE title twice. However he has had 2 injuries in the span of 6 months, might be concerned with his health, especially since he was told to work stiffer and more aggressive instead of being more technical which is his forte.

Maybe Del Rio is fine, Vinny Mac bust in on Cranky Vince mid twitter and banished him to the gap between the WWE universe and other dimensions.
Then noticing the power at his finger tips Vince put out a false message indicating Del Rio wanted out before eliminating the account with his sudden tech knowledge, he fooled you all!

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe Del Rio is fine, Vinny Mac bust in on Cranky Vince mid twitter and banished him to the gap between the WWE universe and other dimensions.
Then noticing the power at his finger tips Vince put out a false message indicating Del Rio wanted out before eliminating the account with his sudden tech knowledge, he fooled you all!

This would indicate Vince had technical knowledge. He probably thinks Twitter works with actual birds that have notes tied to their feet.

This would indicate Vince had technical knowledge. He probably thinks Twitter works with actual birds that have notes tied to their feet.
Well that's why it was sudden tech knowledge like he was struck with a bolt of pure knowledge for the purposes of this tale.
Though I imagine Vince probably does think Twitter involves messenger birds, Vince goes out the back during commercial breaks and guns down birds that may be carrying tweets that could steal his trending positions.

Khrno

#PowerOfJune #KeyserHype #June #Cenation

kovJ6.gif

Just caught the UK version of Slammiversary, Angle/AJ Styles vs Kaz/Daniels was excellent as was Aries vs Joe.

Well done, TNA. You've got until the Live Impacts stop to make me a believer again.

dream

oh god bobo

Vader got a big reaction for his return on the 6/11 Raw. Even though he’s now 57, the feeling is he would be up for a full-time gig and a final run. I doubt it’ll happen, and his knees seemed to be having trouble carrying all that weight. But with them so thin it’s more possible now than any time in the past several years to at least bring him back. His return got the nostalgia pop and then has diminishing returns. But he can still play the part and with the mask looks like Vader. His body has changed somewhat, as everyone does at that age. He’s heavy, but I’m told he’s actually dropped about 60 pounds of late from around 400 to a legit 340ish. He’s still big enough but could still afford to drop a lot more weight just for health reasons and his knees. If he wants to do indies, this appearance should help him a good deal if he gets the word out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vader is incredible for his age. I want to see him bring his son up to the full time roster! Angles! The works!

Seriously, Vader is awesome and always has been. I'm sure he could drop more weight if the WWE full-timed him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't think I'd ever stop marking out for Vader. He can endlessly squash jobbers instead of Ryback, that would be fun.

Striker

If he did more appearances in the WWE, they definitely should bring in his son as well. If it's any correlation, they'll have his son look really good while Vader is still working, but once he leaves they'll job his son to Ryback, Clay, and get tadpole splashed by Horsnwaggle. Then get FE'd or sit in midcard hell exchanging wins for years.

See: Bret/Hart Dynasty, Snuka/Tamina-Uso's, etc.

Khrno

If you need to fill up 3 hour shows, what a better thing than using old wrestlers from the 90s instead of bringing up the young talent from development, right?

I prefer one-off appearances, for the marking factor, I don't want more Kevin Nash angles, give the time to the talent that will actually improve and increase the roster.

Thing is Vader looks like a tough sonofabitch. Ryback looks like an action figure that went wrong in the factory moulding machine.

"You've got to look the part."

Khrno

I'm not defending Ryback or Brodus Clay, those are the guys that should be working on improving their in-ring skills instead of wasting TV time on them.

I love bringing back the old guys on one off type situations but Vader is closing in on 60 and if they brought him back he would most likely break down pretty quickly. They need to bite the bullet and develop the young guys even if it means a short term ratings dip. TNA is pushing guys like Roode, Aries and Storm when they would probably get a bigger rating pushing Hardy, RVD, Hogan, Flair ect down our throat. They are choosing not to do that and it will benefit them long term. WWE needs to really freshen things up and bring in the next generation of guys as Cena, Big Show and those kind of guys are quickly losing drawing power.

Khrno

WWE needs to really freshen things up and bring in the next generation of guys as Cena, Big Show and those kind of guys are quickly losing drawing power.

I agree with most you said, but Cena quickly losing drawing power? As long as babies keep getting born, there will be new Cena fans for 10 more years.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I agree with most you said, but Cena quickly losing drawing power? As long as babies keep getting born, there will be new Cena fans for 10 more years.

But the babies right now are not going to like Cena's goodie two-shoes attitude in like 5-10 years.

RBH

New Bret Hart interview:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdSpoy6g5ZE
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T1zNhhbcGU
Part 3: Coming June 15th

Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) of theScore Television Network is joined by Bret "Hitman" Hart (@BretHart).

In Part 1, Hart talks WrestleMania 8 vs Roddy Piper and why that was a pivotal moment in his career, Summerslam 1992 vs British Bulldog and how originally the match was going to be him vs HBK in Washington. Hart also talks introducing the ladder match to Vince McMahon before Michaels stole the idea.

Khrno

Bret Hart latest interview with Arda Ocal for The Score.

Part 1: Piper, HBK, original Ladder Match

Part 2: Ric Flair sabotaged his matches?

Also in part 2 Bret mentions how he was the go-to man for Vince, or a transitional champion as it's known, but Bret says everytime Vince's new toy failed, he'd go back to Bret to hold everything from falling apart, until he'd find a new toy to play with.

Seems to me Edge ended seeing by Vince in the same way as Bret. Batista got boring for him?, can't stand Taker much longer?, that mexican Mysterio is too small?, this Kane stuff has is going for too long?, Cena needs the other title instead?: Just put the title on Edge he'd keep things going while I figure out what to do next.

Edit: wtf RBH.

RBH

Some more random excerpts from the Observer:

Raw opened with Vince and Laurinaitis out. Vince said, “Give me one reason I shouldn’t fire your pencil neck butt right now.” His butt is shaped like a pencil?

Vince blamed Laurinaitis for signing Show to a big money no cut contract, saying Show hasn’t performed well since 1999 and was a terrible investment. Yes, the guy in the main event of Sunday’s PPV, and who has headlined and held the world title a few times, hasn’t been good since 1999. I’m guessing that was a knock on Ross, since they signed him to a ten year deal for $950,000 a year when that was gigantic money. But I was always under the impression Vince wanted him. When he was in WCW, Vince used to tell me how WCW was completely misusing him and explained how he would use him, which essentially was the way his father booked Andre in the mid-70s. Well, Vince signs him for all that money, and then used him worse than WCW did.

In a segment that was mind blowing, Booker T was out there talking about his favorite moment of himself on Raw. He said the match with Buff Bagwell. The played clips of Scott Hudson announcing (in his first and last Raw appearance) that match in Tacoma that was so bad and received even worse that Vince did a 180 the next day, canceling every single plan he’d made and that poor Live Events department had to completely retool the entire schedule for the next few months and change all advertising. I’ll bet there was never a match in history, that cost more people their jobs in the industry because no match ever single-handedly changed the business like that one.

Long, Naomi and Cameron were all hanging and banging. Okay, not banging.

I still think Joseph Park should reveal the third brother, L.A. Park. Then again, Bischoff is the guy who had him, he got over on his own while being a jobber, and then kept being a jobber. I wonder if Zack Ryder has any monsters or lawyers as brothers.

Vader is the definition of the 90's monster back in the day. I was always a fan from his theme, to that bad ass entrance mask to his agility. Dude has a serious look. He also reminded me of this guy.

slammasters2_grater_stand-anim_pal2.gif

and

635571-raiden_large.jpg

I get such nostalgia from Vader, even in video games.

Vader is the definition of the 90's monster back in the day. I was always a fan from his theme, to that bad ass entrance mask to his agility. Dude has a serious look. He also reminded me of this guy.

slammasters2_grater_stand-anim_pal2.gif

and

635571-raiden_large.jpg

I get such nostalgia from Vader, even in video games.

Fun fact: BOTH those guys were based on Vader. Raiden more so than Alexander :3

Fun fact: BOTH those guys were based on Vader. Raiden more so than Alexander :3

Kinda reminded me of Capcom basing Andore off Andre the Giant. I loved it back in the 90's when a wrestler would just show up in a random game like Ultimate Warrior in Streets of Rage, Hulk Hogan in Crime Fighters 2 and an L.O.D reference in almost every beat em up in the 90's. Getting nostalgia overload now.

Khrno

Monday's 3 hour Raw had 45 minutes and 34 seconds of in ring action, down from last week.

Last week’s standard 2 hour show had 52 minutes and 53 seconds of in ring action.

oh god bobo

Vader got a big reaction for his return on the 6/11 Raw. Even though he’s now 57, the feeling is he would be up for a full-time gig and a final run. I doubt it’ll happen, and his knees seemed to be having trouble carrying all that weight. But with them so thin it’s more possible now than any time in the past several years to at least bring him back. His return got the nostalgia pop and then has diminishing returns. But he can still play the part and with the mask looks like Vader. His body has changed somewhat, as everyone does at that age. He’s heavy, but I’m told he’s actually dropped about 60 pounds of late from around 400 to a legit 340ish. He’s still big enough but could still afford to drop a lot more weight just for health reasons and his knees. If he wants to do indies, this appearance should help him a good deal if he gets the word out.

Whoa whoa whoa, he's too big and old to be going out there every night in the ring. I'd have him come in as a manager for his son or possibly as a trainer for the big men in FCW to teach them how to work an effective big man style. Wouldn't mind giving him a chance on commentary either. Plus, he's straightened out his life and gotten off the alcohol and drugs. Being back in the ring full time would probably start bringing that lifestyle back.

Khrno

Vince blamed Laurinaitis for signing Show to a big money no cut contract, saying Show hasn’t performed well since 1999 and was a terrible investment. Yes, the guy in the main event of Sunday’s PPV, and who has headlined and held the world title a few times, hasn’t been good since 1999. I’m guessing that was a knock on Ross, since they signed him to a ten year deal for $950,000 a year when that was gigantic money. But I was always under the impression Vince wanted him. When he was in WCW, Vince used to tell me how WCW was completely misusing him and explained how he would use him, which essentially was the way his father booked Andre in the mid-70s. Well, Vince signs him for all that money, and then used him worse than WCW did.

tumblr_m4ovm4Nf4n1r324lio1_500.png

Top Bottom