• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

krae_man

- WWE.com announced Thursday that United States Champion Santino Marella has challenged Ricardo Rodriguez to a Tuxedo Match at No Way Out on Sunday. The website asks, “Who’s best suited for the cummerbund-crushing contest: The Milan Miracle or Alberto Del Rio’s personal ring announcer?”

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If he did more appearances in the WWE, they definitely should bring in his son as well. If it's any correlation, they'll have his son look really good while Vader is still working, but once he leaves they'll job his son to Ryback, Clay, and get tadpole splashed by Horsnwaggle. Then get FE'd or sit in midcard hell exchanging wins for years.

See: Bret/Hart Dynasty, Snuka/Tamina-Uso's, etc.

You just made me remember the year long "feud" that destroyed Chavo Guerrero's career.

tm24

Why hasn't anyone posted this?!?!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Threemendous III
Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 8:00PM Bell Time - Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag TeamChampionship Title Three-Way Ladder Match
Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied - Champions) vs. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly - Challengers)
vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Challengers)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. Willie Mack (Challenger)

Singles Match
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Sami Callihan

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Fightin' Taylor Boys (Chuck Taylor & Ryan Taylor)

Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
Brian Cage vs. Eddie Edwards

Singles Match
B-Boy vs. Drake Younger

Singles Match
Famous B vs. Joey Ryan
BECAUSE I WASNT AWAKE!

Oh god im so excited. More Sami! More SSB tag goodness. This is wrestling people!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

nXwoH.gif

UberTag

Is Santino still US champ? he should put the belt on the line against Ricardo to increase the prestige of the landmark Tuxedo match
I'm all for Ricardo winning the US Title. Especially while Del Rio is on the shelf.
But it shouldn't happen on a mid-tier PPV nobody's going to buy.
Needs to happen on RAW in front of millions of fans. Preferably the 1000th episode show.

Khrno

I'm all for Ricardo winning the US Title. Especially while Del Rio on the shelf.
But it shouldn't happen on a mid-tier PPV nobody's going to buy.
Needs to happen on RAW in front of millions of fans. Preferably the 1000th episode show.

:lol

With that reasoning there shouldn't be PPV title matches at all, since more people will watch them on Raw. That's the TNA model right there, building up Impact on their PPVs.

UberTag

:lol

With that reasoning there shouldn't be PPV title matches at all, since more people will watch them on Raw. That's the TNA model right there, building up Impact on their PPVs.
There's also precedent there. 9 of the past 13 US Title changes took place on television and not pay-per-view... often with minimal build. You're talking about a title where its last memorable competitive feud was Matt Hardy vs. MVP roughly 5 years ago.

Just watching the best of King of The Ring WWE special they give to Sky viewers as a freebie so they can try to sell us No Way Out. Scott Stanford introduced a 1999 King of The Ring match, but it's actually from 2000 and the on screen date is wrong too. The match they are showing is Undertaker/Rock/Kane vs Shane/Vince/HHH from KotR 2000.

It's not important, but people have to know that a minor error was broadcast on a WWE product made for a specific market.

Did this get posted at all?

Kharma posted an image on Twitter the other day, showing herself working out with a personal trainer. When a fan asked if she was preparing for a WWE return she stated, "Yes, very hard." The image and tweets were both deleted later on, but you can see the image below…

kharma.jpg

Why hasn't anyone posted this?!?!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Threemendous III
Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 8:00PM Bell Time - Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag TeamChampionship Title Three-Way Ladder Match
Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied -
Champions------
) vs. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly - Challengers)
vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson -
Challengers-----
)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. Willie Mack (Challenger)

Singles Match
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Sami Callihan

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Fightin' Taylor Boys (Chuck Taylor & Ryan Taylor)

Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
Brian Cage vs. Eddie Edwards

Singles Match
B-Boy vs. Drake Younger

Singles Match
Famous B vs. Joey Ryan

I expected Steen to win at DTABM, but I really didn't need to know the results of the tag match. /shrug

(Both are still gonna be totally awesome)

Striker

You know, I'm sure more would be excited at the return of Kharma, but they've screwed up Beth so much in terms of power and ability, I don't care at all. Sure those two could have a decent match, but they've had Beth put over Bellas, Kelly, and Layla, it makes you ask: if she can't beat those women, what makes anybody believe she can take down Kharma?

RBH

Wrestling Observer Newsletter - April 12th, 1999

The plan was for Stevie Ray to win and rename the (nWo) Black & White into a new group that would be a modern version of The Black Panthers. That's a thirty year old term, and Adams and Horace are white.

Khrno

There's also precedent there. 9 of the past 13 US Title changes took place on television and not pay-per-view... often with minimal build. You're talking about a title where its last memorable competitive feud was Matt Hardy vs. MVP roughly 5 years ago.

You got a point, but that's due to the title mismanagement than trying to get it the most exposure possible.

Khrno

She's looking a lot better now. Hopefully they actually give her matches versus Beth. And we don't end up with stupid shit like Gail Kim and Beth wrestling each other once.. on Superstars.

Kharma, Beth, Natalya, Tamina and Kaitlyn would all make great contenders to the Divas Champion, AJ.

BECAUSE I WASNT AWAKE!

Oh god im so excited. More Sami! More SSB tag goodness. This is wrestling people!

Seriously, Sami vs Elgin. Fuck, that's going to be epic, and a perfect illustration of why PWG rules with matches that you just won't see anywhere else. Steen vs Willie should be amazing, although I'm not sure if I want them to pull the trigger on Mack just yet. And holy shit, I just noticed the main event is a ladder match! Awesome.

I somehow found myself in that one part of wwe.com filled with various signs, this one made me chuckle
STARS_05212012mm_0031.jpg

CM Punk looks shocked that he cannot successfully boot the mighty vegan enhanced posterior of D Bryne

Impact tonight looks like a great show.

*TNA champion Bobby Roode vs. Mr. Anderson.

*The fallout from Slammiversary.

*TNA X-Division champion Austin Aries will defend in an Ultimate X match vs. Zema Ion and Chris Sabin.

*12 Man Gauntlet to kick off the Bound for Glory series.

Can't wait.

I don't know what's worst of all things in that sign, if Bryan's boobs, or Punk's abs.

Definitely the Bryan Boobs, those crazy vegan side effects.

AJ's troubles with her Phoenix figure is an omen that the time is nearing where she becomes Dark AJ at No Way Out and will have a fire based duel with Kane.

Hey we might break 10,000 posts by the middle of the month.

With e3 taking away some people from RAW last week thats impressive.

Lets try and get to 20k.

#powerofjune

mooooose

Samoa Joe 2005 to 2008 (in TNA) was given every opportunity and seized every opportunity to be a star. I'd still say he was THE most exciting thing about wrestling in this time.

The shame was, only like a year into that run, he fucked his knee and got really fat and slow. Since then, he's been on the decline.

Joe could've been amazing. As it stands, he's just some fat guy who works a Japanese esque style. I am a huge Joe mark and his match with Aries was an example of how good he is, but not how good he can be. Watch Unbreakable 2005 for that.

Kaladin

Samoa Joe 2005 to 2008 (in TNA) was given every opportunity and seized every opportunity to be a star. I'd still say he was THE most exciting thing about wrestling in this time.

The shame was, only like a year into that run, he fucked his knee and got really fat and slow. Since then, he's been on the decline.

Joe could've been amazing. As it stands, he's just some fat guy who works a Japanese esque style. I am a huge Joe mark and his match with Aries was an example of how good he is, but not how good he can be. Watch Unbreakable 2005 for that.

Joe had an awesome three year run as a top star. More than most can say. After that injury, they really pushed him to the point where he didn't care anymore sometime around Bound For Glory 2010....maybe before then. That's when I really noticed that he wasn't into it. The Aries vs Joe match is the first time since then I have seen the old Joe in action.

So for those who don't follow fighting games in here, there's a tournament this weekend. Why am I bringing this up?

AvXxwtUCEAEOpLW.jpg

Complete with wrestling entrances, and (hopefully) promos.

Top Bottom