• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

G-Fex

TNA's women actually wrestle

TNA has a little more variety of hot women

TNA's got old favorites like Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy

TNA's got blood and hardcore matches

TNA has BULLY RAY

Impact was better than Raw for sure. Atleast everyone has something going on right now. There are multiple storylines going on. I'm starting to think they were hyping Brooke Hogan as the big surprise during those previous shows and then Spike wanted them to announce it lol So damn lame. Noone gives a shit about Brooke Hogan. Ugly woman we are supposed to pretend is pretty with no discernable talent or skills. I'm amazed the crowd didn't shit on her. The old Impact crowd would have shitted all over that segment.

Kaladin

I don't have a problem with Jeff Jarrett (maybe cause I haven't seen most of his matches)

Isn't TNA just his brainchild?

He's the Triple H of his federation that's all.

There was a time when I thought Jeff Jarrett created TNA to give himself the world title reigns he never got in WCW. He held the WCW title for 58 total days across 4 title reigns in 4 months. In TNA, he held the title for months and moths and months when he got it....and he got it six times.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
TNA's women actually wrestle

TNA has a little more variety of hot women

TNA's got old favorites like Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy

TNA's got blood and hardcore matches

TNA has BULLY RAY
WWE has AJ! But they have Kane...

They got Eve! But there's Cener.......

I don't know anymore. I'm just going to keep watching Eve.

There was a time when I thought Jeff Jarrett created TNA to give himself the world title reigns he never got in WCW. He held the WCW title for 58 total days across 4 title reigns in 4 months. In TNA, he held the title for months and moths and months when he got it....and he got it six times.

Isn't that part of the reason why he acted so obnoxious on the show back when he was still being billed as one of the founders of TNA? That he was basically the big dog of the federation? There was something about him making a bigger deal about King of the Mountain that it was worth back when he still competed regularly, unless I'm just remembering it incorrectly.

Same here. It's like, what's better than a sleeping pill, y'know? Vince is providing help for all of us with insomnia. Dixie ain't got nothin on that.

Raw's not a sleeping pill, it's chloroform. We get tagged with a rag-full partway through the show, when we least expect it, and when we wake back up we're in the middle of a Cena promo and we all feel dirty.

G-Fex

wnfB5.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All WWE has is Kane

TNA has Rob Terry. He has come from the heaven to give us wrestling, haircuts, and sweet cardigans
rob_terry_by_all4_xanpcc1b.png

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Kane-Jericho series of matches in 2000 were really great. Let's watch these wrestling matches, and discuss them (I'm being serious). The buildup was rushed and pretty bad, but they made up for it with some brutal spots. Thankfully, they gave these matches plenty of time, and both can go when given the chance. The Last man Standing match also had a good ending sequence that made some sense.

Survivor Series 2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzgrT4-OBbI

Armageddon 2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEc4h4G_DZs&feature=related

EDIT: Thus far, this page has had a random Emilia McMahon image, a Rob Terry pic, and Sin Cara. Am I the only one here who wants to discuss wrestling? I'm getting pissed off here *thinks about Kane banana*. Woah, that calmed me down.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'll let the hardcore phantom and NWA Champion DJSandman do it.
In that case, Sandman, make the AJ & Kane Alliance proud (you know you're a member). Do it well, and I'll even forget about how you manhandled my beauty, She-Kane.

TheNatural

My Member!
Complaining about wrestling here is about as tired as a Paul Wight heel turn, but one thing about TNA tonight was ironic. The whole vote on indy star thing, which was most likely a work, it amazes me listening to these ex wrestlers that used to be a part of the wrestling boom so oblivious to anything that made it popular in the first place. Or maybe they do know, and don't give a fuck. Or maybe they give a fuck, but don't know how to reverse engineer success like it was back then.

I mean the entirety of wrestling history is there recorded, anyone can go back and basically repeat the things that made it successful and find success nowadays and understand what draws interest and makes a feud a feud. TNA is so oblivious to it all, they have moments where they try to call on 'edgyness' but they do so in a completely useless and oblivious manner that it doesn't seem to matter in thee relevance of any real feud or build.

Complaining about wrestling here is about as tired as a Paul Wight heel turn, but one thing about TNA tonight was ironic. The whole vote on indy star thing, which was most likely a work, it amazes me listening to these ex wrestlers that used to be a part of the wrestling boom so oblivious to anything that made it popular in the first place. Or maybe they do know, and don't give a fuck. Or maybe they give a fuck, but don't know how to reverse engineer success like it was back then.

I mean the entirety of wrestling history is there recorded, anyone can go back and basically repeat the things that made it successful and find success nowadays and understand what draws interest and makes a feud a feud. TNA is so oblivious to it all, they have moments where they try to call on 'edgyness' but they do so in a completely useless and oblivious manner that it doesn't seem to matter in thee relevance of any real feud or build.

Well, assuming it isn't a work, most wrestlers can be incredibly petty in their old age.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I don't know if you guys remember, but Taz wasn't some guy who busted his ass and became a star. Taz and RVD were Heyman's Hogan or Cena. They were guys that he liked that got a huge push upon arrival. If things were right, Tanaka would've had Taz's push in ECW.

Every time you guys act like TNA is better than WWE I just laugh and laugh and laugh...
The WWE is a garbage product right now. The WWE title has not main evented a PPV in months, Cena vs Laurinitis was the last Main event, Brock Lesnar jobbed in his first match back, CM punk has been neutered, Daniel Bryan is top tier enhancement talent, Brodus Clay is heavily featured, all the talent are forced to wrestle a similar style, Michael Cole is breathing and Sheamus is the next big thing to Vince. John Cena only loses clean to movie stars, tag teams are completely irrelevant and star power is lacking. In the last few years WWE has lost or will lose for a significant amount of time the following. Batista, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Jericho, John Morrison, Bella Twins, Kharma, Edge and others I am forgetting. Triple H wrestles a few times a year, Undertaker once a year, Shawn is gone, Edge is gone and no one the crowd likes is allowed to get over. Wrestlemania next year will be most likely headlined by The Rock, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar and the undertaker. All of which are retired or rarely wrestle. Sin Cara is a bust, Del Rio is a bust, Tensai is a bust, Tough Enough winner already released, Ziggler and Swagger are going nowhere, the second most over guy is fucking Santino Marella. Kane is near retirement, Christian has hit the glass ceiling, Miz has been completely buried. Mark Henry is hurt and Big Show is in the main event. Cody Rhodes has been buried, Nexus members all but buried, Barrett is hurt and most imporantly Stephanie Mcmahon is in control of the direction of the product. I could keep going if you like but the fact is that TNA is a better product in nearly every concievable way right now than WWE is. Beter storylines, better writing and as a whole much, much better wrestling.

TheNatural

My Member!
Well, assuming it isn't a work, most wrestlers can be incredibly petty in their old age.

Oh yeah, definitely. That's sort of a different discussion, but it amazes me how many wrestlers act high and mighty above "outsiders" to the business - and because they had success in the past because they were booked well, they think they know who the next big star is or what's wrong with wrestling today when they don't have a damn clue.

I remember watching the old Tough Enough and Al Snow and Bob Holly making some auditioner "prove" how bad he wanted to be a wrestler by running and jumping into a water fountain. WTF? Not only that, but they seem to have a point to prove working stiff on these guys to prove a point that they should pay their dues by intentionally trying to hurt them.

And at the same time, if some guy doesn't step up and "challenge" them - they don't have the heart or "passion" to be a wrestler. I remember one "live" tough enough thing was having all the contestants call out the Big Show and talk him down, and then let Big Show slam them hard and stiff. They ask for it, then but if at the same time they do it too well or cross that line of imaginary disrespect, the ex-wrestler gets all butthurt and pulls a Taz like tonight - worked or shoot it definitely is a real attitude of ex wrestlers you hear about constantly.

Top Bottom