• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Because it's funny to watch him respond angrily, immediately regret his Tweets and delete them.
It's probably cause these things really fuck with him. I don't know. It doesn't seem worth it to possibly fuck up someone's day or night. Just my opinion, though, so who knows?

Looking back at the Joey Ryan thing and reading comments on twitter from Ryan, I have to think they signed the guy. Otherwise what's the point of wasting 20-30 minutes over 2 shows on someone not under contract? The gutcheck is so out of place on Impact though. Talking about characters and gimmicks and then last week talking about a script. It just takes me out of the whole thing when I'm constantly reminded it's fake.

Is this Hogan's initiative or Dixie's?

I remember playing, one of the shitty Smackdown games on PS1 I think it was and Tazz came out and said TONIGHT AT WRESTLEMANIA WE'RE GONNA SETTLE OUR FEUD and it was like on a Raw show lol.

I laughed so much, I know it was just a game but I could never look at him the same way again.

Then I went back to playing the good wrestling games.

G-Fex

It's probably cause these things really fuck with him. I don't know. It doesn't seem worth it to possibly fuck up someone's day or night. Just my opinion, though, so who knows?

nah, screw him. His commentary sucks btw. It RUINS matches.

Shut the fuck up you stupid short little man.

I'd pay money to get plane tickets and go meet Taz just to punch him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The guy phones it in every time on Impact and is just there to collect a paycheck. He needs to be called out on his shitty work.
How is that his fault, though? Don't like his commentary? Want him replaced? Contact Dixie, or provide some constructive criticism. Just trying to hurt the guys feelings for no reason seems silly to me.

Come on, buddy. You know you don't watch TNA, lol.

Is this Hogan's initiative or Dixie's?

Gotta be an idea from Hogan and Bischoff. They couldn't kill TNA any other way in over 2 years so now they are wondering what they can do to kill the company and one of them probably came up with the brilliant idea to expose the wrestling business on live tv weekly and beat you over the head that it's fake while at the same time putting on storylines where you are supposed to suspend disbelief and believe it's real.

Dead Man

So that was my first TNA show. Good first couple matches, Bully Ray is awesome. Then it sucked. Solidly. Still, it's not Raw.

This remind me KOG. I'd like to give Hollywood a new gimmick where he just starts rubbing himself during promos and matches.

G-Fex

How is that his fault, though? Don't like his commentary? Want him replaced? Contact Dixie, or provide some constructive criticism. Just trying to hurt the guys feelings for no reason seems silly to me.

Come on, buddy. You know you don't watch TNA, lol.

SHUSH UP I DO WATCH TNA.

I WAS THERE HEARING DIXIE SCREAM TO TURN IT OFF

TURN IT OFF!

A match is a match. Its no different today than back then.

I could point at great Cody Rhodes matches. Great Dolph Ziggler matches. Hell Tyson Kidd has a more impressive resume of matches and he was stuck on superstars just like Zachary. Ryder got over as a comedy act. He is going to be treated like one.

It's completely different in the WWE than it was back then. Back then, careers lived and died on the mic and in the ring. They had to show that they could bring in money or else they got the boot.

Now? Everything is scripted. Every promo, match, punch, and even sneeze has to come from the writers or Vince himself. Meanwhile, they've got employees handing out false hope like with JR saying "hey you need to get over on your own too ya know just like the old days." Except JR's words don't amount to a lick of shit anymore since he's the company whipping boy who always keeps coming back for more at the stomp drop of a hat.

Rhodes and Kidd are great in the ring, I won't deny that. But they also had the help of famous fathers to give them that leg-up. And Ziggler? He can have great matches, but I'll be completely shocked if they ever decide to let him hold the Big Gold Belt or the WWE Title for more than a day since all WWE wants from him is his ability to sell.

Ryder never got the chances or the help. So what did he do? He decided to reach out to the fans and the internet and put himself out there. He did exactly what every vet tells the "young guns" to do. And what happened? Ryder was the most popular and requested wrestler in the business for a few short months. And how did Vince react? With praise? With opportunities? With a handshake? Nope. He responded with a humiliating character assassination.

Ryder as a comedy act is fine. Like I mentioned before, I never wanted the WWE to all of a sudden strap the WWE Title on him and shove him down people's throats. But I DID expect the WWE to listen to the very same people that they desperately want money from. I expected them to actually give Ryder a chance to show what he can do. Ryder gave the WWE tons of merch sales. Vince gave him a burial.

Makes sense, though. LOL comedy wrestler, right?

XenoRaven

Alright well I like Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, and Devon from WWE. I wish Devon/Hardy had a real match but whatever. Aries/what's his face was fun to watch. The last match was pretty good. Everything else really did nothing for me. I was excited because the show started off with actual wrestling, but I thought Sting/Roode was boring. The gut check stuff is just bizarre to me, especially Tazz talking about characters and gimmicks and stuff.

Ultimately the issue is while WWE sucks, I watch for certain people. Punk, Bryan, Rhodes, Ziggler, Sheamus and hopefully Damien Sandow now. I didn't hate what I saw on TNA, but some things they do are just totally bizarre and uninteresting to me and I don't like any of the guys or the matches enough to make it a priority watch. Frankly, the first hour hade switching to Cartoon Network to watch Eagleheart a lot. Plus there are a shit ton of commercials. I mean wow. I may tune in from time to time, but I don't see myself watching regularly.

Alright well I like Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, and Devon from WWE. I wish Devon/Hardy had a real match but whatever. Aries/what's his face was fun to watch. The last match was pretty good. Everything else really did nothing for me. I was excited because the show started off with actual wrestling, but I thought Sting/Roode was boring. The gut check stuff is just bizarre to me, especially Tazz talking about characters and gimmicks and stuff.

Ultimately the issue is while WWE sucks, I watch for certain people. Punk, Bryan, Rhodes, Ziggler, Sheamus and hopefully Damien Sandow now. I didn't hate what I saw on TNA, but some things they do are just totally bizarre and uninteresting to me and I don't like any of the guys or the matches enough to make it a priority watch. Frankly, the first hour hade switching to Cartoon Network to watch Eagleheart a lot. Plus there are a shit ton of commercials. I mean wow. I may tune in from time to time, but I don't see myself watching regularly.

Gutcheck is a failed concept. It should be it's own show ala Tough Enough. It takes up too much tv time on 2 shows a month. They just need to end it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah cause I post more than you....and IM BETTER THAN YOU!

I'd like THIS *HITS WITH CHAIR*
Oh yeah? *slowly rises up as KOG celebrates, knocks him down from behind*

Why don't you post as much Ply? Are you all MMA now? Would you like me to go form Kane to Cain?

G-Fex

you guys keep pushing Taz. one day your gonna be face to face with him...

With what, a short fat man who's a has been? What's he going to do? He's a loser and a fool. I'd pay good money to knock him on his ass.

Let me tell you a story about the human supl...

Oh yeah? *slowly rises up as KOG celebrates, knocks him down from behind*

Why don't you post as much Ply? Are you all MMA now? Would you like me to go form Kane to Cain?

*falls over holding his head*

I am not MMA and I Probably won't be MMA, I'm so upset with MMA GAF i'm not watching UFC uncensored, I'd rather watch my Baseball.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
With what, a short fat man who's a has been? What's he going to do? He's a loser and a fool. I'd pay good money to knock him on his ass.

Let me tell you a story about the human supl...

*falls over holding his head*

I am not MMA and I Probably won't be MMA, I'm so upset with MMA GAF i'm not watching UFC uncensored, I'd rather watch my Baseball.
Are you saying that I have to choose between MMA and WrassleGAF?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
80741624rkm8z.gif

5b74o51283t.gif

1316539764_mma_kickink4mji.gif

Join us.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
nope, we can like what we want to

you can leave your friends behind.

Cause if your friends don't like sports entertainment, then they're no friends of mine.
I shouldn't have gotten that reference, but I did. No, not like this. . . . . no.

G-Fex

Mayyyyyyybe I should go snitch on Plywood for interrupting Wrasslin discussion for his MMA stuff. Thereby taking it off topic.

Mayyyyyyyyyyybe.

@JoeyRyanOnline

What a joke. @IMPACTWRESTLING is pathetic. I'm not good enough for your company? C'mon @TNADixie really? You make me laugh! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

‏@JoeyRyanOnline

Don't bring me in just for your NO agenda. It's not my fault that Flair went into business for himself so why am I being punished?!

@JoeyRyanOnline

Pritchard, @TheRealAlSnow & @OfficialTazz know that a NO is ridiculous. They know I'm money. I dare Tazz to say something to my face now.

@JoeyRyanOnline

Somebody tell Johnny Ace he can reach me at joeyryan@hotmail.com - I know he's not stupid enough to turn down money.

Still think this is a work?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Maybe yeah. We'll see.
We'll see, indeed.

I just realized that I don't think I have enough time for MMA-GAF too. I already post in Best-GAF, and here. I would have to cut one out, and if I left here, then how would people know what's going in Kane's family. Hell, I've posted the most actual wrestling here thus far in this thread. What would you guys do without that?

EDIT: Great wrestling move here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD2O2LwiH10

G-Fex

It's MLB-GAF.

fixed.

WHAT A AMAZING MATCH THAT KID HAD

EXTREME RULES, THE ROCK THE HEEL THAT HE IS KNOCKED RANDY ORTON DOWN AND BEAT HIM WITH THE CHAIR OF DEATH THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN HE HIT THE SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE JOHN CENA WITH THE CHAIR OF DEATH TOO. ALL OF A SUDDEN RANDY ORTON RKO OUT OF NOWHERE, AND HE PINS THE ROCK AND THEN THE ROCK KICKED OUT CAUSE JOHN CENA WAS UNCONCIOUS THEN RANDY ORTON WON ANYWAY AND THEN ZACK RYDER CAME IN AND CASHED HIS MONEY IN THE BANK AND DID SOMETHING TO RANDY ORTON AND NOW ZACK RYDER IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD THEY CAPTURE ME THEY UNDERSTAND THEY CAPTURE ME.

Khrno

So since it's finally June, where's the real June OT?

After all the silliness from yesterday we need our real place for wrestling talk:

fsj8C.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
fixed.

WHAT A AMAZING MATCH THAT KID HAD

EXTREME RULES, THE ROCK THE HEEL THAT HE IS KNOCKED RANDY ORTON DOWN AND BEAT HIM WITH THE CHAIR OF DEATH THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN HE HIT THE SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE JOHN CENA WITH THE CHAIR OF DEATH TOO. ALL OF A SUDDEN RANDY ORTON RKO OUT OF NOWHERE, AND HE PINS THE ROCK AND THEN THE ROCK KICKED OUT CAUSE JOHN CENA WAS UNCONCIOUS THEN RANDY ORTON WON ANYWAY AND THEN ZACK RYDER CAME IN AND CASHED HIS MONEY IN THE BANK AND DID SOMETHING TO RANDY ORTON AND NOW ZACK RYDER IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD THEY CAPTURE ME THEY UNDERSTAND THEY CAPTURE ME.
It was good, reminds me of this classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaUOLDFPd-M

So since it's finally June, where's the real June OT?

After all the silliness from yesterday we need our real place for wrestling talk:

fsj8C.gif
This thread really got off on such a bad foot. I seriously do think we need a new one.

remnant

Banned
@JoeyRyanOnline

What a joke. @IMPACTWRESTLING is pathetic. I'm not good enough for your company? C'mon @TNADixie really? You make me laugh! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

‏@JoeyRyanOnline

Don't bring me in just for your NO agenda. It's not my fault that Flair went into business for himself so why am I being punished?!

@JoeyRyanOnline

Pritchard, @TheRealAlSnow & @OfficialTazz know that a NO is ridiculous. They know I'm money. I dare Tazz to say something to my face now.

@JoeyRyanOnline

Somebody tell Johnny Ace he can reach me at joeyryan@hotmail.com - I know he's not stupid enough to turn down money.

Still think this is a work?

The company that literally tells it's audience to follow #TNADixie every week would never have a worker say something on twitter. Clearly it's a work.

Top Bottom