• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

I can't give up on Raw yet because I need to see what dastardly plan Heath Slater comes up with next week. I hope it involves digging a giant hole in order to trap Jericho and steal his jacket, but then it backfires when Papa Shango shows up and pushes him in.

They're billing Jericho's return as a WWE Legend/1,000 episodes of Raw type spot?

Best match of the night was the Superstars tag opener. Seriously. Crowd was hot for Bryan and Ziggler. I didnt' appreciate the disrespect towards captain lou. I heard I missed Vince come out after Show, Cena, Ryder, and HHH slapped around Laurinitis.

Did you mistake the calls for "Lou" as boos or am I missing something

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
for real tho

you guys were all "Let Punk get the title. He will change things!"

WWE is pretty shitty and it's all be on his watch.

Give the belt back to Cena. Let the crowds make things interesting. You couldn't wait for a Cena ppv match because the crowd would shit all over him. The question would be how much would he get boo'd.

Punk's pipebombs ran out sometime last year when he was getting in Triple H's head.

Smarks ruined the WWE. It's gonna take another 5 years to black the era out.

WWF = We Will Fold

for real tho

Give the belt back to Cena. Let the crowds make things interesting. You couldn't wait for a Cena ppv match because the crowd would shit all over him. The question would be how much would he get boo'd.

Punk's pipebombs ran out sometime last year when he was getting in Triple H's head.

WWF = We Will Fold

What? Cena isn't going to get any more or less of a reaction by having the belt, and he's always in the main event anyways. Punk has the belt, but this is still Cena's watch. If the belt actually meant anything, Punk wouldn't be curtain jerking or getting the 9 pm timeslot every week.

People don't give a shit about any of these wrestlers. The only ones people know are from attitude era. They know Cena, because he was right on the end of that era and still had a chance to get over on his own with no pg restrictions and no canned promos written by soap opera writers. Noone is going to give a shit about any of these guys coming up now or ever again most likely.

G-Fex

You'd fit right in! KOG just moved in. I think he's a Mets fan. Or a Dodgers fan, can't remember.

Sounds like TNA is worth giving a shot. The shows are still done in Orlando right? I should probably get around to watching one live, shrug.

Bullshit.

I support Yankees/Sox/Mets/Brewers/Rangers/Orioles

for real tho

WWF = We Will Fold

Really? Fans are always fucking saying we're in the worst era, but this shit ebbs and flows all the time.
2012 to date has been significantly better for the WWE than 2011 had been up until June. With current prospects, summer of this year is likely to be worse than last year's but we do have a much better roster now than we did then so who knows.

Anyway, no single person is going to be a harbinger of change but it's just straight up dishonest to call this year worse.

They're billing Jericho's return as a WWE Legend/1,000 episodes of Raw type spot?

Well no, but the One Man Band could really use that jacket in a way that Jesse and James desperately need a Pikachu

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Really? Fans are always fucking saying we're in the worst era, but this shit ebbs and flows all the time.
2012 to date has been significantly better for the WWE than 2011 had been up until June. With current prospects, summer of this year is likely to be worse than last year's but we do have a much better roster now than we did then so who knows.

Anyway, no single person is going to be a harbinger of change but it's just straight up dishonest to call this year worse.
You know what's funny? This year wasn't that bad until those string of bad ratings that they got. Then, they just panicked and went back to Cena, Cena, Cena. I felt like they were willing to take some risks before that, but not anymore.

DMczaf

RAW_995_Photo_032.jpg

I wouldn't mind a heel announcer (And this criticism goes for the faces as well) if they were more consistent in their behavior.

Cole flip flops during a match.. and its annoying.

Well, I was getting annoyed when Roddy was remembering Lou that Cole was acting out, and what really made me angry were all those smarks booing.

UberTag

Kane and AJ are the new Joker and Harley Quinn
AJ is definitely playing Harley.
Kane's just confused. He's not sure what role to play.
Perhaps he wishes he could pull off Joker as well as Sting and is just upset with himself.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
AJ is definitely playing Harley.
Kane's just confused. He's not sure what role to play.
Perhaps he wishes he could pull off Joker as well as Sting and is just upset with himself.
They really should just go with a crazy heel Kane/AJ couple that are actually both into each other.

It's the only thing that may make this all worthwhile in the end.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Punk is boring because he doesn't have a legit rival. Clearly the only person that could fill that void is Cena. Now that the GM bs is out of the way and Big Show is wondering off somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Cena got the next title shot at MitB.

G-Fex

Punk is boring because he doesn't have a legit rival. Clearly the only person that could fill that void is Cena. Now that the GM bs is out of the way and Big Show is wondering off somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Cena got the next title shot at MitB.

Punk is boring cause he sucks and he doesn't care to stay in shape, try good moves, all he cares is that he's a main eventer with the belt so he can slack off as much as he wants to.

Meanwhile guys like AJ styles and Austin Aires don't get their due.

Cagey

Banned
Cena made me fast forward through an Otunga segment. I never do that. I hate Cena.

ikZqdT6HvcWzY.gif

While an Otunga turn would blow, I do need them to make a David Otunga, Legal Counsel t-shirt so I can wear it proudly to work soon.

And since they can't use the name Harvard, I don't have to worry about wearing that shit.

VZzia.gif

Also, could we PLEASE get Otunga as the actual legal counsel for Heyman and Lesnar? Shit writes itself yo.

EDIT:
DTung needs his own thermos for sale on WWE.com

I'd so buy this. I'm a huge sucker for this gimmick.

Cagey

Banned
Oh Whey Oats shirt

Now.

"Kids, you too can be just like me, David Otunga. How? WHEY OATS. I owe my IFBB pro physique, and especially these comically overdeveloped pectoral muscles, to all natural WHEY OATS. OH, WHEY OATS!"*

*statements not approved by the FDA

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Some guy on tumblr is claiming that he spotted Kane and AJ together at the Hooters down the street from the Nassau Colosseum. Probably BS, though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
People don't give a shit about any of these wrestlers. The only ones people know are from attitude era. They know Cena, because he was right on the end of that era and still had a chance to get over on his own with no pg restrictions and no canned promos written by soap opera writers. Noone is going to give a shit about any of these guys coming up now or ever again most likely.
Not to mention the fact that he pretty much was pushed straight into the spotlight. His debut was by being put over by Angle ala Jeff Hardy vs. Taker ladder match.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You know what's funny? This year wasn't that bad until those string of bad ratings that they got. Then, they just panicked and went back to Cena, Cena, Cena. I felt like they were willing to take some risks before that, but not anymore.

it does feel that way, but even so, Cena has been in the main event of 5 out of 6 PPVs this year. Despite not being in a single title feud of any kind.

They are devaluing the belt by continuing to put Cena in the spotlight, and I swear that "The Champ is Hear" audio clip at the beginning of every damn event throws it right in your face that despite whoever is holding and challenging for the belt, the show revolves around Cena.

I have never felt that the show was centered around one person like it does with Cena.

TheNatural

My Member!
Kevin Nash ‏followed up to his earlier tweet claiming he was running RAW, "My bad. thought I was gonna run Raw tonight. Reread the email and it said 'hope you go raw dog tonight'. Great night for me anyway!"

Top Bottom