• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

WWE cracked down on two Twitter accounts that had been snarking the organization and its employees last week as both @WWE_Creative and @CrankyVince were suspended on Thursday. While the account mocking WWE's creative direction returned online following some profile tweaks (now located @WWECreative_ish), the McMahon parody remains down.

The @CrankyVince account spoofed McMahon's demeanor and mindset with random musings depicting the WWE Chairman as eccentric, maniacal, sex-crazed, drug-addled and racist. It had drawn alarming concern from organization officials since last year, who due to the sensitive nature of the tweets, believed it was being handled by an employee within close proximity of McMahon. The account would divulge legitimate company information, which is a breach of Twitter's Terms of Service. According to F4WOnline.com, the McMahon mockery account is reportedly administered by an assortment of current WWE employees. The publication, however, would not disclose particular names.

Before its suspension, @CrankyVince had endorsed an alternative account (located @PremiumVince). The account has posted several messages in Cranky Vince's trademark tone since the suspension of the premiere account.

The @CrankyVince account was coincidentally shut down the day it released a message stating that Alberto Del Rio wanted to quit WWE.

"WHAT? DEL RIO WANTS TO QUIT? TELL THAT POMPOUS ASS: NO. THEN, TELL HIM TO GO FUCK HIMSELF. THEN, FUCK YOU," the tweet read.

F4WOnline.com reports that Del Rio had a dispute with upper-level management that day and threatened to quit WWE. One company source says Del Rio was frustrated with his standing and contemplating a departure. A second source said the incident 'wasn't that big a deal' and that both sides were wrangling over a contract matter. A third source believes the spat was a combination of both accounts.

Between this and the @CrankyVince account breaking the news about Brock Lesnar's tirade backstage after his PPV match with John Cena, there is no doubt that whoever is behind @CrankyVince/@PremiumVince is either someone in WWE or someone who is being fed information by someone in WWE.

Del Rio has leverage; he has no issues with income and could return to Mexico as a heralded former WWE Superstar and son of noted luchador Dos Caras. A company employee expressed skepticism Monday night that Del Rio had legitimately suffered a concussion, noting that he was "too injured" to work the No Way Out pay-per-view event on Sunday but healthy enough to work Raw. The employee believes the concussion was a cover excuse for issues that materialized between Del Rio and officials, necessitating his removal from the title match against Sheamus.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Congrats buddy. As the resident physician member of Wrasslegaf, its an awesome job. People whine a lot, but I'm still happy I made the decision to go into this field.
Yeah, the one thing I can say is that I genuinely want to be a doctor. It's fine to do well in something, but it's even better to do so in a field that you genuinely enjoy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Also, lets not worry about AJ's future in WWE: http://www.wwe.com/inside/polls/whic...t-part-of-2012

imageiys.jpg
Ah, now is the perfect time to get Cena involved with AJ.

Yesterday's RAW had alot of love in the air... Vickie kissing Zig Zag. Kane going lost in trance for AJ. Trips getting close with Heyman..lol And Cena carrying Big Johnny out of the arena...

I though RAW was ok... loads of stuff was happening. No storylines where really moved forward but it felt like a well paced show outside of the finale and Super Cena giving the mean Johnny his comeuppance for being a big mean meanie.

It felt like it needed a twist at the end especially since NWO had basically the same ending.

somedevil

Smackdown Spoiler:

3. Kane defeated Daniel Bryan. A.J. was the timekeeper for the match. She rang the bell while Bryan had Kane in the Yes! Lock even though Kane never tapped. The referee waved it off and then Kane won with a chokeslam.

So AJ thing now is she is screwing Daniel Bryan, while appearing to help Kane but really fucking with his head to keep the title on Punk.

Makes alot of sense lol but this means either Bryan vs Kane or another 3 way at money in the bank.

Kccitystar

Oh Punk...come on man

g8gJr.png

I though RAW was ok... loads of stuff was happening. No storylines where really moved forward but it felt like a well paced show outside of the finale and Super Cena giving the mean Johnny his comeuppance for being a big mean meanie.

It felt like it needed a twist at the end especially since NWO had basically the same ending.

The problem with Raw itself was that it pretty much devalued the PPV the night before. NWO was supposed to have a payoff for the Laurainitis feud and they extended it to monday night, and then Big Show seemingly giving 0 fucks about losing, I can go on and on.

CHRISTIAN 15%? DOES NONE OF THE AUDIENCE OF WWE.COM READ MY REPEATED POSTS ABOUT HOW BORING HE IS AND HIS 3 FINISHERS?

I'm like that guy who hangs out with Hawkins who can't even get noticed enough to squashed by Ryberg.

Striker

He's always so angry. Take a nap, Phil.

CHRISTIAN 15%? DOES NONE OF THE AUDIENCE OF WWE.COM READ MY REPEATED POSTS ABOUT HOW BORING HE IS AND HIS 3 FINISHERS?

I'm like that guy who hangs out with Hawkins who can't even get noticed enough to squashed by Ryberg.
I don't think he's boring. He's pretty stagnant in story-character, but he's good in the ring and if that works I'm alright with it. Look how long they've gone without doing anything for Dolph Ziggler. Daniel Bryan the same way until he cashed in.

Man you guys have really turned on Punk, I can't keep up!

Punk's still good in my book, but it's just the, not entirely unfounded, fear that he's being booked in a similar 'super face' vein as Cena, and that it's affecting the quality of his matches and his promo material. Also, some seem angry that while Punk styled himself as 'the agent of change', the only change he has seemingly affected is his own standing within the WWE, while most of the points he made about the product this time last year seem to still ring true.

Sokantish

Punk's still good in my book, but it's just the, not entirely unfounded, fear that he's being booked in a similar 'super face' vein as Cena, and that it's affecting the quality of his matches and his promo material. Also, some seem angry that while Punk styled himself as 'the agent of change', the only change he has seemingly affected is his own standing within the WWE, while most of the points he made about the product this time last year seem to still ring true.

Yeah but I thought people knew he was just a character in a sports entertainment show, and when it comes down to it doesn't really have the power to make any big changes except for one of the best changes, WWE title matches are almost always good now.

Kccitystar

It's funny that CM Punk brings up "quality" but I guess we've posted about this before.

Placement on a card doesn't determine quality, it determines what's important. Having Cena continuously be the main event over a match for the WWE title just makes CM Punk and EVERYONE feuding with him for that belt nothing but mere upper mid-carders. Having Cena's bullshit "holding pattern" feuds end the show just shows the audience that Cena is above every belt in the company.

To me, the WWE Champion fucking main events, unless there's a matchup bigger than the title (like the Rumble) or something that is a really big draw like a Taker match at WM. Otherwise, the entire idea of being "THE #1 guy" who wears the belt becomes meaningless. What, you get a belt for being second best beside John Cena? Fuck that noise. People will argue that the angle booked best closes out the show but that's not always the case.

Yeah but I thought people knew he was just a character in a sports entertainment show, and when it comes down to it doesn't really have the power to make any big changes...

You'd think so, but some genuinely seem annoyed that Punk hasn't 'done enough', and is entirely comfortable falling into a Cena-like role.

Sokantish said:
...except for one of the best changes, WWE title matches are almost always good now.

Yeah, I'm just happy to see Punk and Bryan, two of my favourites since their early ROH days, main eventing and winning titles in the WWE, but even so, I wouldn't want Punk or Bryan to ever become as over-protected as Cena, although the signs are there that it might be exactly the sort of direction they're taking with Punk.

Kccitystar said:
To me, the WWE Champion fucking main events, unless there's a matchup bigger than the title (like the Rumble) or something that is a really big draw like a Taker match at WM. Otherwise, the entire idea of being "THE #1 guy" who wears the belt becomes meaningless. What, you get a belt for being second best beside John Cena? Fuck that noise. People will argue that the angle booked best closes out the show but that's not always the case.

I'm totally with you there, for me the title should be the main event pretty much always - the fact that the titles are so undervalued is one of the most glaringly obvious problems with today's WWE. If you have titles that actually MEAN something, then it's free heat when a heel cheats the face out of the belt, or when the young babyface causes the big upset - I'll take simple, old-school booking for a belt over some convoluted storyline bullshit any day of the week.

eldoon

Yeah Cenaman Punk wwe should of put the tuxedo match on last and put both the title matches on first and second.

Im watching summer of punk for the first time and im about an hour in , the punk from that era would kick your ass.

Kccitystar

I'm totally with you there, for me the title should be the main event pretty much always - the fact that the titles are so undervalued is one of the most glaringly obvious problems with today's WWE. If you have titles that actually MEAN something, then it's free heat when a heel cheats the face out of the belt, or when the young babyface causes the big upset - I'll take simple, old-school booking for a belt over some convoluted storyline bullshit any day of the week.

That's probably one of 278096893 problems WWE has. Another is their inability to create stars because nobody is ever kept at a low simmer. It's like WWE Creative spends literally all of their energy making feuds for their main event guys and John Cena, and just leaves everyone else in Midcard Hell exchanging wins because they don't matter. Suddenly they'll have a brain cell and push someone up into the main event picture but the fans won't give a shit because they've been in midcard hell or have jobbed enough times to lower mid-carders that the fans won't even understand why he's #1 contender. It's why I'm still a little skeptical on Sheamus/Ziggler.

To me, Ziggler is just one solid feud away from getting to that next level and finally becoming a credible main-eventer and not someone just thrown in there to have a holding pattern feud with Sheamus until Henry/Orton/Mysterio return. It kind of sucks that Orton got suspended since WWE probably wanted Orton to be the guy to "make" Ziggler. He'll probably have the belt before the year is over but he needs just one more feud to gain some serious some momentum and be a credible heel for Sheamus. I find it hard to even say that since I have no faith in Creative at all that they will do the right thing. Hell, I'm convinced the Punk/Bryan/AJ/Kane love rectangle is booked by one guy or a couple of people isolated from the rest of the writing team after hearing about how they left two people from Creative in charge of writing for NXT, and look how that turned out.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SD! sounds decent, but there doesn't seem to be much story progression again, which really deflates the importance of the show. I wish something important would actually happen on it. Biggest problem I have with the brand extension era.

Kccitystar

SD! sounds decent, but there doesn't seem to be much story progression again, which really deflates the importance of the show. I wish something important would actually happen on it. Biggest problem I have with the brand extension era.

Brand extension died when they started doing the whole SuperShow concept

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Brand extension died when they started doing the whole SuperShow concept
I understand that, but nothing important still happens on RAW. The story doesn't progress, it just spins whatever wheels RAW started. Before the brand extension, I don't remember that being a problem on SD!

eldoon

I loved the brand extension
You could of had proper feuds between the 2 shows.
had invasions
had wrestlers getting poached
could have created so many angles and had people wanting a wrestler on 1 show fight a wrestler on another belt vs belt or similar.
But it all turned to crap.

There should be a tumblr devoted to audience member dancing:
Prime_Time_Players.gif

Grown ass man Cena fan was getting down. These are my favorite gifs besides WCW wrasslers dancing.

Top Bottom