• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

IMG_0307.jpg

- The monthly "Open Fight Night" returns, involving the competitors in the Bound For Glory Series! All 12 Wresters in the BFG Series will be in action - 6 men make challenges, 6 men will be called out! Who will take the early advantage in the point standings? Tune in and find out!

IMG_0485.jpg

- What will be X Division Champion Austin Aries' decision about Hulk Hogan's officer of a potential World Title shot?

IMG_0199.jpg

- Also on the broadcast, TNA President Dixie Carter and AJ Styles vow to come clean about the recent allegations by Daniels and Kazarian

IMG_0279.jpg

- Who attacked "The Icon" Sting as IMPACT went off the air this past week? Will more details emerge on Thursday night on SpikeTV? Plus - what will Sting have to say about what happened?

IMG_1047.jpg

- In addition, the Knockouts Championship will be on the line on the LIVE IMPACT! Knockouts Executive Brooke Hogan will announce on the broadcast who Miss Tessmacher will defend the gold against that night!

IMG_0615.jpg

- Plus, it's also the return of the monthly "Gutcheck" - one newcomer will get the chance to prove themselves! Will they make the cut and join the TNA Wrestling roster?

IMG_0092.jpg

- The road to the July 8 "Destination X" Pay-Per-View event continues, with more news on the big event!

IMG_9951.jpg

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE at 8/7c on SpikeTV

IMG_0321.jpg

Cagey

Banned
People
SoulPlaya
call CM Punk an ass, but listen to this and you can clearly tell that's just how he is to people he doesn't know. He openly admits it, and Colt mentions it too. It's hard for me to hate him for it because I feel like I'm the same way.

Same. It's hard to listen to this podcast (about 2/3rds through now... the six pack talk is awesome, given I'm at the exact same "fuck this noise" point re: trying to cut down) and not come away thinking these two would be awesome to hang out with.

Net_Wrecker said:
People SoulPlaya call CM Punk an ass, but listen to this and you can clearly tell that's just how he is to people he doesn't know. He openly admits it, and Colt mentions it too. It's hard for me to hate him for it because I feel like I'm the same way.

It's very clear that Punk is uncomfortable with fame outside of an official capacity - he just seems to want people to take a bit of common courtesy and not bother him when he's obviously busy, to not feel like they are entitled to interrupt whatever he has going on, and I get that, but at the same time he sounded almost regretful that he'd painted that image of himself as the guy who doesn't want to be bothered, so fans feel like they're treading on egg shells when they do meet him.

Cagey

Banned
It's very clear that Punk is uncomfortable with fame outside of an official capacity - he just seems to want people to take a bit of common courtesy and not bother him when he's obviously busy, to not feel like they are entitled to interrupt whatever he has going on, and I get that, but at the same time he sounded almost regretful that he'd painted that image of himself as the guy who doesn't want to be bothered, so fans feel like they're treading on egg shells when they do meet him.

On some level, it's a Brock Lesnar situation but with one huge difference: Punk lives and breathes pro wrestling, so he can put up with it and maintain a love/hate relationship, whereas Lesnar was indifferent, and thus he had no problem abandoning it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can definitely understand that part of it, but then, why would he want to be at the "top" of the company, then? The attention and annoyance comes with the territory, and the territory is what he wanted.

They don't love me because I'm an ass, I just feel like that's how people perceive me because I DON'T KNOW STOP ASKING QUESTIONS GOTDAMMIT
People don't perceive you as an ass. Don't worry about it.

People don't perceive you as an ass. Don't worry about it.

This guy thinks he's a therapist now cause he scored well on his Em Kat. Stop analyzing me, son!

We've all collectively decided that CM Punk is now an ass and for Net_Wrecker to just re-open that discussion and make way for more animosity and shit stirring is not cool. He's trying to destroy this thread and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that sees it.

:lol

Dixie should look at these buyrates more than ratings. Doubling your buyrate means you are doing something right. Most importantly they put on a very good show for the 15k who did buy the show. Shows you how much farther TNA needs to go however to compete financially with WWE. They keep doing what they are doing and keep booking long term and BFG could hit 25k or so in buys. That would be a really big deal for TNA.

Dixie should look at these buyrates more than ratings. Doubling your buyrate means you are doing something right. Most importantly they put on a very good show for the 15k who did buy the show. Shows you how much farther TNA needs to go however to compete financially with WWE. They keep doing what they are doing and keep booking long term and BFG could hit 25k or so in buys. That would be a really big deal for TNA.

What comes first?

The ratings or the buyrates?

I can definitely understand that part of it, but then, why would he want to be at the "top" of the company, then? The attention and annoyance comes with the territory, and the territory is what he wanted.

Well, exactly, it's something he's going to have to put up with/get used to - but he probably wanted to be at the top because, like most wrestlers I'm sure, that was his dream, and I don't think the fact that he feels uncomfortable with his own celebrity should preclude him from living that dream.

KOG said:
Id mention how cool Jeff Hardy is but the smark primadonnas here would go "nag nag nag drugs, meth nag"

Everyone loves a good train wreck, but Jeff's personal life is not the reason I don't care for him - he just does nothing for me as a singles wrestler. Matt was always the better wrestler, weight problems aside.

For what it's worth, Net_Wrecker is one of the best posters in This Business.

Id mention how cool Jeff Hardy is but the smark primadonnas here would go "nag nag nag drugs, meth nag"

I can dislike Jeff Hardy for being worthless without drugs coming into the mix at all.

If you started a band with the intent of becoming the biggest rock band in the world, would you just give up and settle at opening for the biggest rock band in the world or would you keep at it?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, exactly, it's something he's going to have to put up with/get used to - but he probably wanted to be at the top because, like most wrestlers I'm sure, that was his dream, and I don't think the fact that he feels uncomfortable with his own celebrity should preclude him from living that dream.
Not at all, but being uncomfortable with the success that YOU sought doesn't give you an excuse to be a jerk to people, but that's just my perspective.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If you started a band with the intent of becoming the biggest rock band in the world, would you just give up and settle at opening for the biggest rock band in the world or would you keep at it?
Biggest band, of course, but then, I wouldn't start getting all pissy when fans start bothering me or when I have to do a bunch of dumb interviews. I would expect it.

G-Fex

Everyone loves a good train wreck, but Jeff's personal life is not the reason I don't care for him - he just does nothing for me as a singles wrestler. Matt was always the better wrestler, weight problems aside.

I liked Matt too a lot. I like Jeff a lot, I think he's a great singles wrestler. Gives a lot more effort than Company Men.

At this point I'm more willing to talk about Meth Hardy than Kane/AJ. I blame Soulplaya.

Fuck yes, Jeff Hardy rules.

Oh fuck yes, I just got the complete 1985 season of Mid-South, 22 discs, 44 episodes - hell yeah!!! Definitely watching some of this before Impact, first disc has Dr. Death vs Brad Armstrong and Jake Roberts vs a very green Shawn Michaels about 4 months after his debut.

Not at all, but being uncomfortable with the success that YOU sought doesn't give you an excuse to be a jerk to people, but that's just my perspective.

No, I agree, it doesn't excuse his actions if he's an ass to someone without cause, but does help explain them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh fuck yes, I just got the complete 1985 season of Mid-South, 22 discs, 44 episodes - hell yeah!!! Definitely watching some of this before Impact, first disc has Dr. Death vs Brad Armstrong and Jake Roberts vs a very green Shawn Michaels about 4 months after his debut..
Thank God for you real wrestling fans on here. Fantastic dedication.

Top Bottom