• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
- According to The Wrestling Observer, the WWE No Way Out PPV drew 10,000 fans. This is considered to be one of the lowest attended WWE events in years at The Izod Center.

- The WWE No Way Out YouTube pre-show match featuring David Otunga vs. Brodus Clay peaked at 43,855 viewers. This is slightly down from previous month's Over the Limit pre-show match with Kane vs. Zack Ryder. That match peaked at 44,049 viewers.
I told yall Kane was a draw!!! YES YES YES!!!!

Ithil

jVw30.png

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Would have gotten 100k views, but those other 55k people have more hate Ryder then love for Kane. :(
Man, if they would just follow my advice and just have Kane sit in the ring and read a newspaper for ten minutes, then ratings would explode!

WWE needs to create a top heel faction. They are always great to elevate a guy or two and they are usually pretty easy to book. Over the first several months the faction slowly collects all the championships while burying most of the top babyfaces which slowly leads to dissension in the group when one or two of the elevated guys challenges the leader for the main title down the line. Yes, it's been done before, but it's pretty easy plus it makes a new star or two. Guys I'd consider for this group include Jericho, heel Orton, Wade Barrett, Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre. When all is said and done you would be looking to elevate Barrett and/or Ziggler to main event status, and McIntyre to a good middle tier slot.

Linkified

WWE needs to create a top heel faction. They are always great to elevate a guy or two and they are usually pretty easy to book. Over the first several months the faction slowly collects all the championships while burying most of the top babyfaces which slowly leads to dissension in the group when one or two of the elevated guys challenges the leader for the main title down the line. Yes, it's been done before, but it's pretty easy plus it makes a new star or two. Guys I'd consider for this group include Jericho, heel Orton, Wade Barrett, Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre. When all is said and done you would be looking to elevate Barrett and/or Ziggler to main event status, and McIntyre to a good middle tier slot.

Problem is there is no legitimate top heels in WWE land though.

Ithil

100% impossible while Cena is still alive.

Kaladin

Your problem with this is WWE can only think till the next PPV. This kind of thing requires long term planning which WWE isn't doing at all right now.

Have Cena lead it. Make it so that he's tired of having to face everyone all the time since he always wins, so he gets all the heels together and just parties with them since they're the only ones who can hang with him.

Kaladin

Have Cena lead it. Make it so that he's tired of having to face everyone all the time since he always wins, so he gets all the heels together and just parties with them since they're the only ones who can hang with him.

The problem with this is if they turn Super Cena heel, there is no babyface in WWE they would dare have him put over because it would damage any possible face turn they would make in the future.

that submission move that looked like the lovechild of the Sharpshooter and triangle choke looked painful as hell. What is it the Dungeon Lock they call it? Is that a brand new one or have another wrestler done that before?

Overall NXT was very watchable.

XenoRaven

Problem is there is no legitimate top heels in WWE land though.
This would actually be a great time to do it. All face champions. Have them destroy every champ one-by-one starting with Santino then work their way up to Cena who is invisible belt champion of the universe.

that submission move that looked like the lovechild of the Sharpshooter and triangle choke looked painful as hell. What is it the Dungeon Lock they call it? Is that a brand new one or have another wrestler done that before?

I don't recall seeing a submission like that before - but although it looks similar to a triangle choke, it seemed to me to be more of an arm submission, tying up the legs, trapping the head with one leg while kicking at the face with the other, and then wrenching the arm back through the gap.

I dobn't know why but I see neither of them main event heels, or even top tier at that. The only person I'd believe is if Heel Cena was to lead the group. But that is not going to happen.

The problem with heel Cena leading a group is that he is too big and would overshadow everyone. As for Jericho and Orton, they have both been main event level heels in the past, and with slightly competent writing it could happen again.

Aiii

So not worth it
You still dislike Kane? Come on! What more does the poor guy have to do?
Oh, I've never really disliked Kane. It's more of an indifference combined with the fact that in the 20ish years I've been watching wrestling, he's been there for most of it. Talk about stale.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh, I've never really disliked Kane. It's more of an indifference combined with the fact that in the 20ish years I've been watching wrestling, he's been there for most of it. Talk about stale.
The fact that he can still compete at a top level after so many damn years, and still be a positive contribution to an interesting storyline makes me like him even more (if that's possible).

Cagey

Banned

Bingo.

Heel stables that are allowed to build up before getting taken down by the faces who eventually save the day are always great. The reason why the stable concept works is that it's heels banding together, combining their various power, and bullying people. It's simple stuff. You build up heels to give the faces an antagonist that NEEDS to be beaten to restore order and peace.

You have heels join forces to create seemingly insurmountable odds to be overcome by a babyface when he saves the day.

On second though, fuck where this is going.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The day SoulPlaya turns heel and becomes an Undertaker mark, that's the day I quit taking my vitamins and saying my prayers, brother.
Who says I don't like Taker? I just really dislike what he's become over the past. . . . . oh, I don't know. . . . . . . since 2004.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
People
SoulPlaya
call CM Punk an ass, but listen to this and you can clearly tell that's just how he is to people he doesn't know. He openly admits it, and Colt mentions it too. It's hard for me to hate him for it because I feel like I'm the same way.
He's an ass to people he doesn't know?

And you're ass too to people you don't know?

Top Bottom