• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bryan is killing Punk's drawing power. Quick, put him against the Big Show instead.
No way in hell. What happens to Bryan, Kane, and Cena? I'm going to guess that Bryan wins WWE title at NWO after pinning Kane, defends against Punk at the next PPV, and then faces Cena at SS for the WWE title.

There, I just saved you all a few months.

Kaladin

Even awesome S.E.S. punk with lackeys can't beat Big Show.......how is corporate man Punk going to beat monster heel Big Show?

Last year was the summer of Punk. Summer of Pain or the Summer of Shit, which is the better name for what WWE is giving us this year?

KOG, I'm serious about that new gimmick for Hollywood. He needs to start rubbing himself. I think it will add another dimension to his character and would draw in ratings for NWA.

Khrno

tumblr_m4uxujctWq1rnbn9oo1_500.gif

Punk/Big Show
Bryan/Kane
All to spite the people looking forward to a possible Punk/Bryan grand feud ending wrestling clinic at Summerslam.

So whatever happened to Tensei? after being stripped of his rank he's vanished from Raw

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Punk/Big Show
Bryan/Kane
All to spite the people looking forward to a possible Punk/Bryan grand feud ending wrestling clinic at Summerslam.

So whatever happened to Tensei? after being stripped of his rank he's vanished from Raw
I'm telling you buddy, this is what will happen.

No way in hell. What happens to Bryan, Kane, and Cena? I'm going to guess that Bryan wins WWE title at NWO after pinning Kane, defends against Punk at the next PPV, and then faces Cena at SS for the WWE title.

There, I just saved you all a few months.

Khrno

Even awesome S.E.S. punk with lackeys can't beat Big Show.......how is corporate man Punk going to beat monster heel Big Show?

Best Punk with SES or Nexus couldn't beat shit.

Solo Punk defeated Cena, CENA, C.E.N.A

BoboBrazil said:
Last year was the summer of Punk. Summer of Pain or the Summer of Shit, which is the better name for what WWE is giving us this year?

SummerShow.

Or WWE freaks out if ratings continue to be bad, they have Bryan win the title at the ppv, and then Cena beat him the next night for the title.

Khrno

Or WWE freaks out if ratings continue to be bad, they have Bryan win the title at the ppv, and then Cena beat him the next night for the title.

Cena's argument will be that vegans don't deserve to be champions especially when they canh't last more than 18 seconds in a WM match.

XenoRaven

Summer of Pain isn't a good name because it sounds like Mark Henry got a push again and was super awesome and dominant and it was fun to watch. We all know that won't happen so it can't be the Summer of Pain.

Hmm, the real Phil Brooks could be an interesting heel, but just like watching any other person, for amusement only.

Punk is Brooks' character, and has had many facets in WWE.

I have no doubt that "Phil Brooks" and "CM Punk" are not one in the same, but CM Punk is a distorted image of Brooks and in general Punk comes off as much more human with real motivations and less like a cartoon.

The biggest issue with current Punk is that he's being drawn away from a clearly defined human and being abstracted into a cartoon made for mass production, like the major stars of the 80s and Attitude Era. This is badly exposing Punk's weakness, in that he's not the guy who can go out and pretend to care about Your Local Sports Teams or be motivated to hate some guy because he's a nerd.

Khrno

The biggest issue with current Punk is that he's being drawn away from a clearly defined human and being abstracted into a cartoon made for mass production, like the major stars of the 80s and Attitude Era. This is badly exposing Punk's weakness, in that he's not the guy who can go out and pretend to care about Your Local Sports Teams or be motivated to hate some guy because he's a nerd.

I do agree with this. That's why before I was saying that his character should be an anti-hero, and that doesn't imply being heel, last summer's Punk was an anti-hero, same as the crackhead-beater WHC Punk.

Just read the first page. Wow. How embarrassing. People take ot's that seriously?

We just wanted justice.

dQ2kC.gif

Cena's argument will be that vegans don't deserve to be champions especially when they canh't last more than 18 seconds in a WM match.

Cena to Vince "I lost my wife, I lost half my money, I lost my dignity at Mania. The only thing I have left is sports entertainment and the WWE Universe. Give me the championship and we will soar to new heights together."

Vince
Jade1.png

Khrno

I've been wanting to use that o-face for a few days already, but with google being of no help, I'm been too lazy to scavenge older threads, thank you Bobo.

G-Fex

As much as I hate this E3 crap, oh well, maybe illeven hang out in the gaming threads, and hang out with the nintendo marks.

But then again Gaming sides a minefield.

I still believe in the power of June
To believe in June is all we have right now. The real revolution is yet to come.

As much as I hate this E3 crap, oh well, maybe illeven hang out in the gaming threads, and hang out with the nintendo marks.

You just need a good mine detector that alerts you to threads filled with ban bating bickering. When the bombs start dropping next week the amount of mines increases, explosions everywhere!

I don't even understand the point of posting in the press conference threads. So many people posting none of their posts get read or responded to. It's just so you can say you were apart of posting in it or what?

Khrno

Best wishes in your future endeavors.

future-endeavors.jpg

I don't even understand the point of posting in the press conference threads. So many people posting none of their posts get read or responded to. It's just so you can say you were apart of posting in it or what?

It's just like posting during Raw, isn't it?

In the wrestling threads stuff isn't going so fast that you can't read and respond to stuff. I can easily read every post, respond, read responses, and watch the show. In those e3 threads every time you refresh there is a new page. It's insane and impossible to keep up with.

XenoRaven

It's fun to be excited and watching other people be excited and you telling everyone how excited you are, even if it gets glossed over in the sea of excitement.

Khrno

In the wrestling threads stuff isn't going so fast that you can't read and respond to stuff. I can easily read every post, respond, read responses, and watch the show. In those e3 threads every time you refresh there is a new page. It's insane and impossible to keep up with.

That's why in the past 5-6 years nearly 300 million consoles have been sold around the world, while WM has only had 5-6M buys.

Oh and people use those opportunities to raise their post-count.

That's why in the past 5-6 years nearly 300 million consoles have been sold around the world, while WM has only had 5-6M buys.

Which is why at E3 this year Vince McMahon will interrupt a press conference to announce that alongside the WWE network they are releasing the WWE Video Game playing device. With a launch lineup of amazing fresh titles that totally aren't rip offs
- Super Uso Brothers
- Wrestlevania: Phenom of Darkness
- Cena the Belthog: Triple H Trouble
and a downloadable service for all those WWE classic games like Crush Hour and Betrayal.
Jade1.png

Because fuck wrestling, every other avenue is more important!

So what can they possibly do in June that would be cool? They did Vince dying and money give away in 2009, in 2010 they did an invasion angle with nXt, in 2011 they broke the 4th wall and kayfabe with Punk. What else can they do? Another invasion angle? They already used their summer angle with Brock to try and spike the Extreme Rules buyrate and prove wrestlers are better than ufc champions.

Khrno

Which is why at E3 this year Vince McMahon will interrupt a press conference to announce that alongside the WWE network they are releasing the WWE Video Game playing device. With a launch lineup of amazing fresh titles that totally aren't rip offs
- Super Uso Brothers
- Wrestlevania: Phenom of Darkness
- Cena the Belthog: Triple H Trouble
and a downloadable service for all those WWE classic games like Crush Hour and Betrayal.
Jade1.png

Because fuck wrestling, every other avenue is more important!

WWES

cPY1Y.gif

Top Bottom