• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

somedevil

I love how the Austin Aries and Samoa Joe feud started yesterday because Aries spritzed water on him.

L8PWR.gif

I love how the Austin Aries and Samoa Joe feud started yesterday because Aries spritzed water on him.

http://i.imgur.com/L8PWR.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

I was watching the sd feed on a widescreen tv and I had no clue that was even Joe with it stretched out. It just part of the arm and I thought it was Bully Ray's arm.

Kaladin

L8PWR.gif

The way you can see the water hitting Joe in this gif reminds me of a promo a while back when Eric Young was looking for a challenger for his tv title and came across Matt Morgan. Morgan cut a promo standing about a foot away from Eric but all I could see was the constant spray of spit picked up by TNA's cameras coming from Morgan as he cut that promo....I wish there was a gif of that.

bZgky.jpg

YyGb3.jpg

jrKLB.jpg

If you saw that woman on tv and didn't know it was Hogan's daughter you would think it was a transvestite. Looks like a fucking dude dressed up as a woman.

Kaladin

I wonder if the AJ/Dixie angle came out of Hogan's idea to have the fans film and take pictures of the wrestlers wherever they go.

I just gotta wonder what the payoff to the AJ/Dixie angle will be. If it comes out this was all for a surprise party that is lame. The call did not sound sexual at all. Sounded like they were planning a surprise party for Serg.

Kaladin

I just gotta wonder what the payoff to the AJ/Dixie angle will be. If it comes out this was all for a surprise party that is lame. The call did not sound sexual at all. Sounded like they were planning a surprise party for Serg.

I think it was just bad acting in that phone call. The pictures and videos look like more than a surprise party. I could be wrong though.

XenoRaven

I don't see why AJ and Dixie find this thing so embarrassing. HHH had a relationship Stephanie and now he's going to become CEO of the company.

I think it was just bad acting in that phone call. The pictures and videos look like more than a surprise party. I could be wrong though.

I hope it is and it actually comes out they did have sex just to see what happens. Would Dixie actually allow herself to be put in that light on television though?

rvd2kewl

Those pictures Bobo posted sum up the "Gut Check" stuff perfectly in a few seconds.

I really like the concept, but the execution is horrible. It seems like they want a Tough Enough type show within their show to make it seem like the matches are a legit competition, which is the right idea. But they defeat that purpose by always talking about a guy's look & his gimmick.

On 3 separate occasions last night, Taz talked about Ryan's gimmick and him staying in character. That shit has no business ever being discussed on TV and is one of the main problems with the business over the last decade (guys exposing the business on the air because they're "going out there and shooting"). Seriously, if you're presenting something as real, why the fuck would you constantly bring up that the guy is playing a character? Someone should've lost their damn job over that train wreck last night.

somedevil

I think one of the problems with the angle is that AJ seems like he is not comfortable doing this. This then brings it down and Dixie is not a good actress either.

I just hope the suprise party is not the big swerve.

The first live summer edition of TNA Impact scored a 0.89 rating in a new timeslot one hour earlier, down 12 percent compared to last week's rating. Impact was down 17 percent compared to the yearly average.

-- Impact averaged 1.29 million viewers, a drop of 10 percent in viewership from last week and the lowest average viewing audience of the year. Impact was down 200,000 viewers (13 percent) compared to the yearly average.

It was the first time Impact viewership was below the 1.3 million mark since Thanksgiving 2010. For non-holidays, it was the first time in nearly two years dating back to July 1, 2010.

-- The one positive for Impact is the demographic ratings did not drop off like the overall rating and average viewership. Impact was at the low-end of the yearly average before Thursday's show, and Thursday's show held up okay with slight drops in key male demographics and overall adults.

pwtorch.com

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
remember when Randy Orton was hitting on Brooke?

you'll see it soon in TNA

TNA's ratings dropped because the red hair chick in the front row was missing

mike_tenay.jpg

"We have a huge announcement Impact fans. You guys demanded it and we are going to give it to you! Starting next week we are going back to 9pm est!"

Khrno

So all of GAF watching last night didn't help to pump up the ratings?

No wonder Raw ratings are only determined by Cena and Kane, regardless of GAF not watching.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nope, just I know Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk lost 400,000 viewers in the top of the hour segment which is beyond horrible and Del Rio vs Santino did the 2nd worst quarter hour since 95.
I dislike Punk now, but it's amazing how much of a ratings killer he is. The WWE neutered him to the point that he doesn't attract an older crowd, but he's not as appealing to kids as Cena.

Khrno

I dislike Punk now, but it's amazing how much of a ratings killer he is. The WWE neutered him to the point that he doesn't attract an older crowd, but he's not as appealing to kids as Cena.

That's just stupid by the WWE, Punk is not a 'kid-friendly' character, he should be an anti-hero, either heel or face, he always was one, in ECW, in the SES, in Nexus and until last summer. They can use Sheamus as a kiddie magnet, let Punk be an anti-hero character.

Omega

Banned
Those pictures Bobo posted sum up the "Gut Check" stuff perfectly in a few seconds.

I really like the concept, but the execution is horrible. It seems like they want a Tough Enough type show within their show to make it seem like the matches are a legit competition, which is the right idea. But they defeat that purpose by always talking about a guy's look & his gimmick.

On 3 separate occasions last night, Taz talked about Ryan's gimmick and him staying in character. That shit has no business ever being discussed on TV and is one of the main problems with the business over the last decade (guys exposing the business on the air because they're "going out there and shooting"). Seriously, if you're presenting something as real, why the fuck would you constantly bring up that the guy is playing a character? Someone should've lost their damn job over that train wreck last night.

Shit like that is why no one can take TNA serious.

Then they give a job to that other clown though

Khrno

Punk doesn't need to be a character, the most interesting thing about him was that he was a human being.

Hmm, the real Phil Brooks could be an interesting heel, but just like watching any other person, for amusement only.

Punk is Brooks' character, and has had many facets in WWE.

Everyone in TNA is getting so much hate on twitter about the Joey Ryan thing lol. Taz brokedown, Hulk Hogan even responded to it. Hilarious.

Khrno

- CM Punk is currently scheduled to take on the Big Show at SummerSlam. The two last faced off on PPV back at SummerSlam 2010, where Show beat Punk, Joey Mercury and Luke Gallows in a Handicap Match.

Bryan is killing Punk's drawing power. Quick, put him against the Big Show instead.

Top Bottom