• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Open the Dragon Gate has the latest Infinity episode up to stream!

Dragon Gate "MAD BLANKEY VS. TEAM VETERAN RETURNS SAPPORO BATTLE", 09.06.2012
Sapporo Teisen Hall
700 Fans

http://www.openthedragongate.com/2012/06/infinity-259/

1. Genki Horiguchi HAGeeMee & Jimmy Susumu vs. Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi

2. Dragon Kid vs. Jimmy Kanda

3. Shingo Takagi & YAMATO vs. Jimmy Kagetora & Ryo Jimmy Saito

4. Open The Brave Gate #1 Contender - Rich Swann vs. Super Shisa

5. Falls Count Anywhere - CIMA vs. Kzy

6. Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk & Naoki Tanisaki vs. Don Fujii, Gamma & Masaaki Mochizuki

Awesome main event & Swann vs Super Shisa is good fun.

Doi SHOULD have been a bigger deal, but I think that's the problem with Dragon Gate - it feels very isolated from the rest of the wrestling scene. You don't really see Dragon Gate guys moving on to the bigger puroresu promotions all that often, and there's only so much you can do in one promotion.

So WWE's big summer angles are Vince outta nowhere, random GM's. Mr. H's vs. Bork "Just Another Guy" Lazer, and John "The Underdog" Cena getting his title back at Summerfest?.......................

I never asked for this.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There is no point to Cena having the title considering the ratings don't change whether Cena is or isn't champ. So long as he shows up and respects someone he doesn't need the belt(again).

Osaka Pro "OSAKA PRO 13TH ANNIVERSARY", 29.04.2012
Matsushita IMP Hall
808 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x24arw

01. Tsubasa, Zeus & Naoki Setoguchi vs Orochi, HAYATA & Spider J

02. Kanjuro Matsuyama & Takoyakida vs Ninja Ranmaru & Apple Miyuki

03. Kuuga, Hideyoshi & Masamune vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Yun Gang Chul & Kazuaki Mihara

OSAKA-PRO OWARI TITLE 3-WAY MATCH;

04. Ebessan III (c) vs. Kuishinbo Kamen vs. Kikutaro

ATSUSHI KOTOGE OSAKA-PRO FINAL - SPECIAL 6-MAN TAG MATCH;

05. Daisuke Harada, Atsushi Kotoge & Tadasuke vs. Black Buffalo, Billy Ken Kid & Tigers Mask

Really fun 13th Anniversary show here from Osaka Pro, the CHIKARA of Japan - some good stuff in the first 3 matches, but the real attraction is the hilarious Owari title match from the kings of comedy wrestling; Kikutaro, Kuishinbo Kamen & Ebessan, plus, in an excellent 6-man tag match Atsushi Kotoge wrestles his final match for Osaka Pro as he leaves to join Pro-Wrestling NOAH.

eldoon

There is no point to Cena having the title considering the ratings don't change whether Cena is or isn't champ. So long as he shows up and respects someone he doesn't need the belt(again).

Endgame = cena vs rock again
this time cena gets vengeance at mania
Belt wont matter but it would look nice

If you havent listened to it the 100 episode of Colt Cabana's art of wrestling podcast is pretty good.

He has Punk on interviewing Cabana.

Is there video of the time Heel Colt Cabana raped that women? Sounds hilarious.

Kyoufu

If you havent listened to it the 100 episode of Colt Cabana's art of wrestling podcast is pretty good.

He has Punk on interviewing Cabana.

Is there video of the time Heel Colt Cabana raped that women? Sounds hilarious.

Hilarious. Especially the part where Punk thinks he's #1 in the company (unless I heard it wrong).

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I totally expect Daniel Fryin to have a storyline with Cena once Punk finds someone else to play with. When the Nexus started, Fryin was yelling at Cena that Cena is not better than him.

Everybody gets what they want. Cena is cheerer by the kids and women and D FRY is cheered by the ROH fans and people that hate Cena who happen to be ROH fans. This should cause a great deal of fan response every time they're in the ring together. Instead of BOO/YEAH we get BOO/YES.

They could play up that D FRY was fired and Cena was the one who got WWE to hire him back.

I smell MONEY.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sorry Kane fans.

You guys, I'm afraid they're actually gonna put AJ with Kane. This is not how it's supposed to be, AJ should be a heel tandem in the main event being co-champions with Bryan, not be in midcard pre-show YouTube hell with Kane.

WWE beter swerve this.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sorry Kane fans.

You guys, I'm afraid they're actually gonna put AJ with Kane. This is not how it's supposed to be, AJ should be a heel tandem in the main event being co-champions with Bryan, not be in midcard pre-show YouTube hell with Kane.

WWE beter swerve this.
Where did you get that idea? It's obvious that they're redoing Edge/Lita with Bryan/AJ. The Edge/Lita/Kane feud was actually pretty damn good for what it was. It had some really memorable moments and some fantastic matches. In the end, it catapulted Edge into the main event scene, and I'm hoping that Kane can do the same for Bryan.

Aiii

So not worth it
Where did you get that idea? It's obvious that they're redoing Edge/Lita with Bryan/AJ. The Edge/Lita/Kane feud was actually pretty damn good for what it was. It had some really memorable moments and some fantastic matches. In the end, it catapulted Edge into the main event scene, and I'm hoping that Kane can do the same for Bryan.

Because they book by the day, they want to sell more Kane masks, because I'm scared this won't end up like I want it too, like most things WWE do.

It's WWE damnit, they never give me what I want.

I'm half expecting next week's NXT to have Michael Cole and Matt Striker on commentary instead of Regal and JR. That's how WWE is!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Because they book by the day, they want to sell more Kane masks, because I'm scared this won't end up like I want it too, like most things WWE do.

It's WWE damnit, they never give me what I want.

I'm half expecting next week's NXT to have Michael Cole and Matt Striker on commentary instead of Regal and JR. That's how WWE is!
Alright, now you're just getting paranoid. It's OK, though, we'll help you. We have a Kane & AJ Kliq Alliance straight jacket. Put it on, go rock in the corner with all the AJ pictures on the wall, stay there a while, and you'll be OK, buddy. I promise.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alright, now you're just getting paranoid. It's OK, though, we'll help you. We have a Kane & AJ Kliq Alliance straight jacket. Put it on, go rock in the corner with all the AJ pictures on the wall, stay there a while, and you'll be OK, buddy. I promise.

Thank you, maybe AJ Styles and Dixie Carter can help me get better.

... so many botches. Never really watched much CZW, is it usually this bad?

Sometimes - CZW always comes off as awful on videos like this, but there was often some good wrestling in between the garbage. For every flippy vanilla midget who can't wrestle, for every unsafe and worthless worker like Justice Pain, for every ill-conceived death-match gimmick that failed to live up to expectations, there were feuds like Hero vs Kingston, and a lot of random matches involving guys like Sonjay Dutt, Jimmy Rave, Trent Acid, Austin Aries, Ruckus, Jimmy Jacobs, Alex Shelley, Super Dragon, Claudio, B-Boy, Dan Maff, Jody Fleisch, Quack, Sabin, etc, that were surprisingly awesome. 2002-2006 is probably CZW at it's peak.

The annual Best of the Best tournament is usually the best place to look for actual quality wrestling on a CZW show - here's a few good MVs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JuT_IkAHl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC_RdV2pYQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW0UD-FhRu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUhXsIJVa0A

Chriswok said:
Kingston looks like crap when you watch this. What's the deal.

Well, King's never been in amazing shape, he wasn't as good back then as he is now, and there have always been a lot of awful wrestlers in CZW for him to work with - that being said, Hero vs Kingston, despite being a bit sloppy in places, a bit overworked in others, is one of my favourite feuds in wrestling and gave both guys ample opportunity to showcase their wrestling skills and awesome promo work.

There used to be an amazing 2 hour long retrospective of the Hero vs Kingston feud that followed their matches in IWA-MS, CZW and ROH, but I can't seem to find it on youtube anymore - however, here's a good MV of their last match in CZW;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTpoFV_Hpvc

tm24

There used to be an amazing 2 hour long retrospective of the Hero vs Kingston feud that followed their matches in IWA-MS, CZW and ROH, but I can't seem to find it on youtube anymore - however, here's a good MV of their last match in CZW

I think i have this somewhere, let me go find it.

Also, there's been some amazing wrestlers in the last few years that called CZW home in the last few years. Guys like Ambrose(Moxley) and Callihan were the Switchblade Conspiracy and did amazing work. They had Ego Fantastico/Robert Anthony do amazing things until he retired. Adam Cole, Rich Swann and AR Fox first chance was in CZW.

I think my opinion of Kingston is softened due to his work in CHIKARA where his matches were never really pushing the envelope. Thanks for the info, Bootaay, I'll check those out in a bit. Can't wait to get to ~2002 on my wrestling rewatch, as the amount of indy tapes explodes.

Khrno

tumblr_m632a3Vxc41r456slo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m632a3Vxc41r456slo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m632a3Vxc41r456slo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m632a3Vxc41r456slo4_1280.jpg

Bowser

When I read the spoilers I assumed AJ was trying to screw Kane, but when I saw it live I realized it was the other way around :(

Khrno

-The Wrestling Observer reports that John Cena will not compete in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match in a few weeks, even though there have been rumors that he would.

Cena recently just ended his feud with Big Show and John Laurinaitis at No Way Out, which led to rumors that he would be in the ladder match.

He is expected to fight CM Punk at Summerslam for the WWE title. It is also being advertised that Cena will challenge for the title in Boston at Night of Champions in September. It's possible that he will not win at Summerslam against Punk, but maybe in his hometown.

John Cena is expected to compete for the WWE title throughout 2012 and going into 2013.

tumblr_lg3ythgqWp1qzh0wto1_250.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This is just...depressing. I mean, I knew that Cena wouldn't stay out of the WWE Title picture forever, but...it's like, I KNOW he's going to win at Night of Champions. And if so...what the hell is the point of even watching?

Linkified

Sorry Kane fans.

WWE beter swerve this.

AJ, has now swerved Kane on Monday, Bryan on Smackdown. AJ will swerve Punk out of a match on RAW.

Cagey

Banned
-The Wrestling Observer reports that John Cena will not compete in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match in a few weeks, even though there have been rumors that he would.

Cena recently just ended his feud with Big Show and John Laurinaitis at No Way Out, which led to rumors that he would be in the ladder match.

He is expected to fight CM Punk at Summerslam for the WWE title. It is also being advertised that Cena will challenge for the title in Boston at Night of Champions in September. It's possible that he will not win at Summerslam against Punk, but maybe in his hometown.

John Cena is expected to compete for the WWE title throughout 2012 and going into 2013.
tumblr_lg3ythgqWp1qzh0wto1_250.gif

From WWE's mindset: You can't have Cena wrestle in a ladder match. The risk is too great given the minimal rewards in people paying to see that happen. He's already had serious neck surgery and he's clearly the biggest draw in the company. He doesn't need the MITB briefcase for title shot credibility; after all, the WWE hierarchy is Cena >> WWE Title >> World Heavyweight Title.

tl;dr -- Too much pain, not enough profit.

EDIT: Also, anyone heading to the ROH Hostage Crisis tomorrow?

The WWE title storyline is going to end one night when AJ comes down yet again skipping around and acting all girlish, Kane, Punk and Bryan will all stop, look at each other, nod and then turn around and beat AJ into the floor complete with finishing moves, then they all go out for a drink together (Punk sticking to Pepsi of course) and they're all like "Women!".

Then the storyline is never referenced again and Punk drops the title to Cena the next week.

Khrno

The only positive I would see of this is if he were going to put Bryan over by tapping out to him in a title match, but of course that would never happen.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The WWE title storyline is going to end one night when AJ comes down yet again skipping around and acting all girlish, Kane, Punk and Bryan will all stop, look at each other, nod and then turn around and beat AJ into the floor complete with finishing moves, then they all go out for a drink together (Punk sticking to Pepsi of course) and they're all like "Women!".

Then the storyline is never referenced again and Punk drops the title to Cena the next week.
Another genius idea from you Owl. That's honestly the best ending to this storyline.

Unless, of course, they go through a real swerve, and just have AJ be Kane's daughter in some weird conspiracy incest storyline.

DMczaf

This AJ/Punk/Kane/Bryan storyline is going to end like Wrestlemania 9.

But instead of Hogan weaseling his way into a title run, it's going to be Raw ending with AJ sneaking out of Cena's dressing room.

Another genius idea from you Owl. That's honestly the best ending to this storyline.

Unless, of course, they go through a real swerve, and just have AJ be Kane's daughter in some weird conspiracy incest storyline.
I do my best, you really want some diva to carry on Kane's legacy don't you, Vince will give this a listen though, it has incest.

This AJ/Punk/Kane/Bryan storyline is going to end like Wrestlemania 9.

But instead of Hogan weaseling his way into a title run, it's going to be Raw ending with AJ sneaking out of Cena's dressing room.

They'll turn Cena's debauchery into a positive face character trait.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do my best, you really want some diva to carry on Kane's legacy don't you, Vince will give this a listen though, it has incest.

They'll turn Cena's debauchery into a positive face character trait.

'THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE MY CENATION! Kane, you old fart. CM Punk, you third rate me! I'm coming back for my title!' /salutes. Doesn't even know who this other jobber in the feud is.

'THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE MY CENATION! Kane, you old fart. CM Punk, you third rate me! I'm coming back for my title!' /salutes. Doesn't even know who this other jobber in the feud is.

Oh this is good, have him point out that Kane isn't really a fire ball firing monster with supernatural powers for that ADR style gimmick burial of maximum damage so he can get a cheap pop.

Cagey

Banned

Not true, Cena thinks Bryan owes him one for putting Bryan over while getting shit on by a raucous post-WM crowd.

EDIT: beaten

Top Bottom