• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Now that EA grabbed the UFC license from THQ, the WWE license is probably coming with it. Maybe they are announcing they got that today too.

Well the WWE games always sold more than the UFC games didn't they? Either way either EA gets the WWE license this year or next. THQ won't be here next year. Of more concern is what happens to the WWE Allstars team? They were supposed to be working on the UFC game and that's why there isn't an Allstars 2.

RBH

THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Zuffa, LLC, today announced that they have reached an agreement resulting in Zuffa licensing to Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) the right to publish videogames based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) brand, effective today. The agreement results in an undisclosed cash payment to THQ. Additionally, THQ will continue to publish its existing console and mobile titles through March 31, 2013.
http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...ng+Championship+Videogame+Rights/7491661.html

So THQ basically sold the UFC license to EA.

I'm getting the feeling that WWE '13 may be THQ's last WWE game.

Sounds good, but they have enough "legends" to make it unexciting...

1. Jim Duggan
2. Million Dollar Man
3. Sgt. Slaughter
4. Jimmy Hart
5. Jerry Brisco
6. Jimmy Snuka
7. Kevin Nash
8. Mae Young
9. Mick Foley
10. Roddy Piper
11. Rock (Via Satellite)
12. Stone Cold
13. Paul Bearer
14. Ron Simmons
15. Michael Hayes
16. Ricky Steamboat
17. Jim Ross
18. The Iron Sheik
19. Someone called Harley Race
20. Pat Patterson

I am weirdly excited for Nintendo to show off their new stuff, and the last time I was really excited about Nintendo, I also was excited for WWE. This is a weird feeling

I'll give any "retro" or "legend" Raw a pass so long as I don't have to see Mae Young degraded in any way.
So far, no Raw has received this honour.

WNhCD.jpg

Anyone else looking forward to Raw? Sounds like Vince has gone through a dozen rewrites which normally indicates a good show.

I trust Vince. He knows what he is doing. He turned a circus act into a multi-million dollar industry that is known and respected worldwide. How can he possibly be wrong?

Undertaker never had any romances except *shudder* Sara.

He was going to marry Steph but that wasn't love.

Didn't Undertaker have a brief romantic (albeit, abusive) relationship with Teddy Long?
I know that he did in that erotic fan fiction I wrote

RBH

EA gets UFC video game license (updated)

The official announcement of a deal that had been weeks in negotiations was made today as EA Sports has obtained the UFC video game license from THQ.

This was announced this afternoon in Los Angeles. 

THQ was trying to unload the license, which is not a good sign for the company, and EA was willing to purchase it and UFC okayed the deal.  THQ had stated in a recent filing that the third edition of the game sold above expectations, but industry sources had stated sales were down from the first two editions, but that the most recent game was still profitable for THQ.  But the profit margins were down.

Dana White had been heavily critical of EA in the past, particularly when EA Sports released its MMA game a few years ago using Strikeforce fighters, fighters from Japanese organizations and using Randy Couture, who had inked a personal deal with EA while out of UFC, as its headliner.  The game got strong reviews but sales were poor.  White during that period had recounted when EA, under different management, had rebuffed them in a way White found insulting when they tried to get a video game deal with them when the company started its popularity climb. 

"We'd like to thank THQ for creating some of the most critically-acclaimed sports videogames of this console generation, and we're excited to enter a new relationship with EA that will help us deepen our connection with fighting fans around the world," said White.  "There's no one better at creating authentic sports videogames than EA SPORTS, and we're excited to have a partner who shares our vision of deep, connected and multi-platform global game experience."

Brian Farrell of THQ claimed it was part of THQ's more focused strategy going forward so tranfering the license made sense to all parties.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-.../25928-ea-gets-ufc-video-game-license-updated

Top Bottom