• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

I trust Vince. He knows what he is doing. He turned a circus act into a multi-million dollar industry that is known and respected worldwide. How can he possibly be wrong?

Jade1.png

RBH

--Richie Steamboat, who was on the road on the Smackdown tour, and Dean Ambrose, are both scheduled for television tapings today and tomorrow.  Usually they only do one dark match with developmental talent on the show, although one or both could also be debuting on the Tuesday version of NXT.  

--The Manchester Journal-Inquirer not only didn't apologize to WWE by today's deadline, but late last week filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission claiming that WWE has violated federal election law by assisting Linda McMahon in threatening the newspaper.  WWE has claimed the threat had to do with protecting the image of the company and had nothing to do with the McMahon campaign.  McMahon claimed last week that she wasn't even aware of the threat until she was informed about it after it had gotten press, through her clippings service.  Connecticut reporters were heavily skeptical of that statement.  There is a story at http://www.journalinquirer.com/

--There should be a new WWE title belt debuting imminently to replace the spinner belt.  C.M. Punk spoke about it on Saturday in Philadelphia.  Punk said that he wasn't happy about the new belt, saying he e-mails people in the company constantly about it, although showed the current spinner belt and felt it was better than that one.  He said the new belt will be about 20 pounds heavier.  

--Ted DiBiase did an interview at http://www.baltimoresun.com in the Ring Posts blog saying he's about a month away from being ready to return to WWE with injuries to his shoulder, wrist and ankle.  He said he could come back right now if needed but considers himself right now at 85%, with the ankle injury the one needing more healing time.  He also talked about why the Million Dollar Man gimmick didn't work, and for obvious reasons, given he's no longer doing the gimmick and is a babyface, why he wants new entrance music.

----Bobby Roode and Brooke Hogan were sent by TNA to walk the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards last night.  MTV is part of the Viacom family, like Spike.  The ability to do that shows Spike and Viacom being behind TNA as a brand, although the commitment to going live all summer also shows that.

--WWE and TNA had a conference earlier today regarding the lawsuit TNA filed against WWE since WWE had not been able to defend itself when TNA got a temporary restraining order against them.  There is a planned hearing on 6/11 in Knoxville but there are issues because John Laurinaitis is a key part of the suit and the hearing and he would be needed at Raw that night.

--Added to the 6/24 ROH iPPV in New York is Fit Finlay vs. Michael Elgin.

--Added to the TNA PPV on 6/10 is Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...rt-should-tna-sign-ryan-ufc-signs-dream-champ

Brinbe

THQ is never selling that license... unlike their UFC franchise, it's much easier to push out and capably sell the WWE's crap every year

And good news on the new belt. Hope it looks nice.

At what point does this thread fully turn in Punk?

http://i.imgur.com/Zibkx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Probably never? I think even those who have turned on his character and mic work (I'd be among them, though he still shines through in spots) still can point to his matches as the high watermark of most shows.

Until there's a better face to take that spot he'll continue to be the least worst option.

Guys be honest..........

Between the E3 conferences I have taped, NBA, and NHL I have plenty to watch tonight. Should i even bother with RAW? If its going to be like the last two weeks, I wont even DVR it.

??

Raw will be shit tonight. McMahon coming back next week is worth a watch. McMahon coming back has something to do with their big summer angle probably. Either that or he just freaked out about the shitty rating. What happens when ratings go to shit? A McMahon pops up on tv.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Guys be honest..........

Between the E3 conferences I have taped, NBA, and NHL I have plenty to watch tonight. Should i even bother with RAW? If its going to be like the last two weeks, I wont even DVR it.

??

Kings vs. Devils tonight, 8 PM ET. WATCH IT.

How can Laurinitis hire someone back when HHH has final say? How come HHH had to remove himself as GM to fight, but Laurinitis didn't? Why does nothing in this company make sense?

Backlund and Bruno were champs before Vince McMahon bought the company from Senior from what I recall. That's why they only have 2 reigns for a huge amount of days. One of Backlund's was during Vince McMahon juniors reign when he came back in 94 though. I remember Diesel beating him in 8 seconds.

RBH

I just love how reactionary the WWE can be when it comes to ratings. Fascinating to watch their panic unfold in front of you.

Top Bottom