• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

No feet, no ball. It makes even less sense then your measuring system.

The ball is kicked to start the game, kicked after every score, sometimes kicked TO score, and accidentally kicked when people drop it.

Futbol is a phony sport anyway. Those doods use their heads and chest. Plus the goalie touches it. Should be called Bodybol.

Soccer is the only sport with more overselling than wrestling. I'm sure by calling it Soccer that i've just performed a heel turn to my British brethren, I have no regrets.

Khrno

Futbol is a phony sport anyway.

i58kbwnqK7CN4.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
LOLOL TNA.

Alex Silva hasn't been back on TNA TV since winning a Gutcheck Challenge because he was not supposed to win. A Gutcheck talent but have two "yes votes" to get hired. Originally, both Bruce Prichard and Ric Flair were supposed to vote no while Al Snow would have been the only yes vote. Flair was so impressed with Silva's promo that he changed his vote in the middle of the segment. Prichard, who was also impressed, didn't know how to fix things in mid-ring so he just changed his vote to a yes as well. TNA had the option of re-filming the segment but it would have looked bad in front of the crowd so they just decided to hire him.

Silva has been sent to Ohio Valley Wrestling and is currently working under a developmental deal.

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
During a currently ongoing TNA media conference call to promote this Sunday's Slammiversary, Sting was asked about the constant stories that he's going to retire only to be talked into staying for another year by Dixie Carter.

Sting commented that every year, he says he is at the end but then he feels good and is excited by the company and wants to stay. He said that he had experience with taking WCW from being a second-tier company to the top via Monday Nitro and doesn't want to leave without feeling that he's been able to help TNA accomplish the same thing.

Sting said that he knows that some people don't think that's possible but they are about to unload some pretty cool stuff and he's excited about TNA's future.

We will never get rid of Sting.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's a type of ball.

There's things called Punts they do, they have field goal kickers.

THE START OF THE GAME IS CALLED THE KICK OFF.

Behold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbMmOe2S-to

So on exception you kick the egg, it's still a hand-based game. You really can't deny this. The naming of your game is skewed, this is so close to being a factual statement we might as well make it official.

for the record, I do enjoy the Superbowl every year

RBH

Raw segment-by-segment ratings:

Raw 5/28/12

In the segment-by-segment, Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 733,000 viewers, which is awful for that spot in the show, doing a 2.52 rating (second lowest quarter hour on a regular non-holiday Raw show of the last 14 years, ahead of only a 2.47 quarter on the 9/12 show for a Kofi Kingston vs. Miz match). Kingston & R-Truth defending the tag titles against Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger gained 67,000 viewers. A John Laurinaitis interview with C.M. Punk coming out talking the video game gained 356,000 viewers. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan lost 30,000 viewers to a 2.79 quarter in the 10 p.m. segment which is terrible for that point in the show. The Punk-Bryan post-match with Kane and Christian vs. The Miz lost 13,000 viewers. A backstage skit with Laurinaitis, Eve Torres, David Otunga and Teddy Long, a Miz interview and the Memorial Day video with Cena lost 342,000 viewers to a 2.53 quarter. Sheamus vs. Otunga gained 116,000 viewers. And the final segment where Big Show destroyed Brodus Clay, Kingston and R-Truth gained 436,000 viewers and did a 2.91 overrun.

Raw 6/4/12

As far as demos went, the show did 2.5 in Boys 12-17 (up 14%), 2.4 in Males 18-49 (same as last week), 0.9 in Girls 12-17 (up 50%) and 1.2 in Girls 18-49 (up 20%). That’s the difference between Cena and non-Cena, is Cena draws girls at a level nobody else on Raw does. The male skew was 67.8%

As far as ratings pattern, there was a lot that wasn’t good. The show started out strong for the Cena promo doing a 3.27 first quarter, but it dropped from there and never came back. What makes this bad is that this was a show booked for train wreck ratings, in the sense the whole thing was to build up Cena getting his hands on Michael Cole. Coming off the low rating, they did little for the PPV and just tried to get Cena all over the show and do all the tricks like the heel in his underwear being humiliated. It wasn’t to build programs but just to get that "we can’t turn away from this" mentality that has in the past been effective in drawing ratings. But it didn’t appear to work this time. The overrun with Cena vs. Cole, that they had built the whole show for, ended up being weak. In the segment-by-segment, Cole trying to get out of the match talking to Laurinaitis and the beginning of Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 753,000 viewers, which is awful and points to the Cole thing not working this time. Can’t say much for Sheamus and Ziggler either. Although the finish of their match, the post-match beatdown by Alberto Del Rio, and Sin Cara vs. Hunico gained 302,000 viewers. Ryback’s debut on Raw in the handicap match lost 298,000 viewers. C.M. Punk vs. Kane in the 10 p.m. hour gained 340,000. The first part of the match did a 2.93 quarter and the finish got up to a 3.02. It’s a little less than an average gain for that slot but better than Punk has been doing of late. Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins lost 646,000 viewers. John Cena vs. Tensai gained 514,000 viewers, which is super strong for the 10:45 p.m. quarter. And Cena vs. Cole gained 299,000 viewers, which is weak for the overrun, but perhaps misleading in the sense the people who usually come in for the overrun came back early I guess due to Cena being in a match. But the overrun only did a 3.14 quarter.

By demo, this was the Cena gain at the end. Teenage boys went from 2.2 to 2.7. 18-49 men from 2.0 to 2.5. Teenage girls went from 0.8 to 1.3 and 18-49 women from 1.0 to 1.3.

Raw segment-by-segment ratings:

Raw 5/28/12

In the segment-by-segment, Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 733,000 viewers, which is awful for that spot in the show, doing a 2.52 rating (second lowest quarter hour on a regular non-holiday Raw show of the last 14 years, ahead of only a 2.47 quarter on the 9/12 show for a Kofi Kingston vs. Miz match). Kingston & R-Truth defending the tag titles against Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger gained 67,000 viewers. A John Laurinaitis interview with C.M. Punk coming out talking the video game gained 356,000 viewers. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan lost 30,000 viewers to a 2.79 quarter in the 10 p.m. segment which is terrible for that point in the show. The Punk-Bryan post-match with Kane and Christian vs. The Miz lost 13,000 viewers. A backstage skit with Laurinaitis, Eve Torres, David Otunga and Teddy Long, a Miz interview and the Memorial Day video with Cena lost 342,000 viewers to a 2.53 quarter. Sheamus vs. Otunga gained 116,000 viewers. And the final segment where Big Show destroyed Brodus Clay, Kingston and R-Truth gained 436,000 viewers and did a 2.91 overrun.

HGyrJ.gif

Kaladin

We've had some NBA stars in wrestling. Even NFL stars. Why no soccer stars? They can sell fucking anything.

Americans don't care about soccer stars.....actually, come to think of it....WWE fans don't care about guest hosts so they would be a perfect fit.

So basically 50% of teenage girls watch the show just to masturbate to Cena? Or am I missing something? Also people will watch Cena do anything. He can take a shit in the ring and people will watch. He gained 514,000 against fucking Tensai.

RBH

From the latest issue of the Observer:

There is a lot to why Brock Lesnar has not been mentioned on television the past two weeks, nothing has been done on his angle and no clips have been shown, no follow up has been on the Heyman and Lesnar storyline lawsuit nor has Heyman been on the show nor any "messages sent by Lesnar" been part of any TV. According to several sources, there is nuclear heat on Lesnar right now, a lot of which stems from his going to the UFC show and their knowledge that he met with Dana White. As noted last week, not only was Vince McMahon not behind it, but he wasn’t aware of it until it happened. But there were problems even before that point, which may have been why Lesnar decided to go to Las Vegas and feelers were sent. Those close to the situation say that Lesnar vs. HHH is still planned as the main event for SummerSlam and because it’s HHH’s angle, even with this heat, that match is almost surely going to happen. There have been problems since day one in the sense Lesnar got this sweetheart contract and has been difficult or impossible, depending on who you talk with, to deal with from almost the start. Lesnar was super high maintenance in his 2002-2004 run and Vince found him difficult then with his constant demands and wanting things changed, but now Lesnar is a tons bigger star and is said to be a completely different animal to deal with, plus he’s coming off his UFC success and money and even though he probably isn’t Dana White’s favorite person this week either, he can always make a deal to go back and make the same if not more money than he’s making here.

As we stated from day one of the deal, this is a completely different person than Vince has ever had to deal with. Even though The Rock and Steve Austin and others have no financial worries and plenty to do, at the end of the day, they both love wrestling, and WWE is wrestling because they aren’t about to be doing TNA. Whatever ups and downs Vince may have or they may have, the relationship is always going to stay cordial at the end of the day. With Lesnar, there are trust issues dating back almost a decade and Lesnar also doesn’t love wrestling, it’s just something he does really well. Right now the company is trying to send a message to him by giving Show the push as the "I’m not an entertainer, I’m a badass in real life" position that was Lesnar’s line. The line about Show being far tougher than a fake UFC fighter was meant as a shot at Lesnar. The funny thing is, Lesnar was likely not watching the show and probably wouldn’t care.

Because they are still going on with Lesnar vs. HHH, at some point, probably soon, they’ll contact him, try and work things out, and start talking about the storyline on television. The belief is now that instead of keeping it going weekly with Heyman or clips, to just forget about it and bring it back in a few weeks when it’s time to bring it back. But it was the UFC thing that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. In addition, the attitude when the buy rate came in was almost exactly as many had predicted would happen in the sense when Vince was in the mode that he was going to sign UFC’s biggest star and at the time, particularly since he couldn’t get what he wanted at the 2011 Mania, that whatever it took to make the deal, he’d make it. But when the first buy rate came in for a "B" show, even with knowledge of what happened when Rock was on Survivor Series and with the Punk angle, that Vince would start thinking he made a bad major deal similar to Bret Hart in 1996 and Bill Goldberg in 2003.

Another person noted that Lesnar signed for even fewer dates than most think and they blew through too many of them at once. Right now, he’s scheduled for SummerSlam, but there’s nothing in the fall including Survivor Series. It may be SummerSlam and Mania, or SummerSlam, Rumble and Mania, and that’s it.

Another thing we were told was a message although again it’s one of those messages that nobody actually picked up on, was when HHH was on Raw doing a 1,000th episode plug, he was not selling the arm (he wore a suit jacket so if there was supposed to be a brace, wink, wink, you wouldn’t see it allowing fans to believe what they want) and moving both arms freely while discussing the night he came back to Madison Square Garden after tearing his quad in 2002. Lesnar can always go back to UFC for a comeback fight, but long-term, being away from MMA and not training, combined with his being 34 and likely losing his speed at that age in what is a speed sport, for money and longevity, pro wrestling at this point is the better fit.

They still only got a 2.9 so even Cena's fanbase is dwindling atleast. WWE is freaking out. Why do you think McMahon will be there next week? Why do you think HHH will be at the ppv? They must have gotten some scary early numbers back from Over The Limit and this is a kneejerk reaction.

TheNatural

My Member!
Except A) they knew Cole vs Cena would be the main event AND B) they came back during the 10:45 slot and kept coming back during the overrun. They wanted to see Cole covered in BBQ sauce.

How did they know it was going to end in him covered in BBQ sauce? People tune into the overrun of RAW for years now expecting to see "Something" because that's when it always happens. If you end it with shit, doesn't mean they liked it and wanted to see it, it just means they expected to see something.

Khrno

How did they know it was going to end in him covered in BBQ sauce? People tune into the overrun of RAW for years now expecting to see "Something" because that's when it always happens. If you end it with shit, doesn't mean they liked it and wanted to see it, it just means they expected to see something.

I didn't want to see anything of that.

TheNatural

My Member!
I didn't want to see anything of that.

I don't think anyone did. Just look at it this way - everytime they have an overrun that jumps and ends with something ridiculously bad, it burns away a little more of the wick of people that will come back to watch it.

TheNatural

My Member!
From the latest issue of the Observer:

LOL I laughed at this line:

Right now the company is trying to send a message to him by giving Show the push as the "I’m not an entertainer, I’m a badass in real life" position that was Lesnar’s line. The line about Show being far tougher than a fake UFC fighter was meant as a shot at Lesnar. The funny thing is, Lesnar was likely not watching the show and probably wouldn’t care.

It's kind of like a little kid putting his hand in front of him flipping someone the bird and thinking "LOL I sure told that guy."

The just made me laugh at the irony of thinking Lesnar gives a shit, or Big Show calling an MMA fighter "fake." The great thing about this whole Lesnar troll is seeing Vince and the ways of wrestling politics bent over here, and their grand strategy of trying to bury him in a wrestling sense is hilarious. That shit works for guys you can bully like low carders trying to make a wrestling career with no where else to go, and who are below you, you can't shoot the shooter though.

And he's wrong about pro wrestling being his future. There's plenty of middling heavyweights Lesnar could compete with, like a third fight with Mir, who is slow as hell. Big Nog, Lavar Johnson, etc.

So that is how they justify Big Show getting pushed.. I thought Big Show was going through his annual heel turn, and bullying everyone until Cena comes to the rescue.

Fuck this company

G-Fex

girls do that while watching Cena?

Oh ....my....god....

I can't imagine what they do while watching Kane.

I'm sure they burn themselves.

Top Bottom