• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

UK May ratings

w/e 6 May 2012

TNA IMPACT (SUN 2101) [Challenge] - 181000
TNA IMPACT (TUE 2201) [Challenge] - 121000

WWE LATE NIGHT RAW - LIVE (MON 2600) [Sky Sports 3] - 165000
WWE LATE NIGHT SMACKDOWN (FRI 2200) [Sky Sports 4] - 86000
WWE SMACKDOWN (SAT 0900) [Sky Sports 3] - 44000
WWE AFTERBURN (WED 1800) [Sky Sports 3] - 34000
WWE LATE NIGHT SMACKDOWN (SAT 2500) [Sky Sports 4] - 25000

w/e 13 May 2012

TNA IMPACT (SUN 2101) [Challenge] - 202000

No data for Sky Sports channels this week.

w/e 20 May 2012

TNA IMPACT (SUN 2103) [Challenge] - 214000
TNA: PPV (WED 2203) [Challenge] - 174000
TNA: PPV (WED 2303) [Challenge+1] - 27000

LIVE WWE OVER THE LIMIT (SUN 2500) [Sky Sports 1] - 234000
WWE LATE NIGHT RAW - LIVE (MON 2600) [Sky Sports 3] - 218000
WWE LATE NIGHT SD (FRI 2205) [Sky Sports 4] - 104000
WWE LATE NIGHT RAW (THU 2246) [Sky Sports 4] - 35000
WWE LATE NIGHT BOTTOM LINE (FRI 2404) [Sky Sports 4] - 31000

w/e 27 May 2012

TNA IMPACT (SUN 2100) [Challenge] 200000
TNA IMPACT (TUE 2303) [Challenge+1] 21000

WWE LATE NIGHT RAW - LIVE (MON 2600) [Sky Sports 3] 133000
WWE LATE NIGHT SMACKDOWN (FRI 2200)[Sky Sports 3] 90000

Notes:
- Public views of ratings are restricted to the top 10 for each channel BARB.co.uk
- Challenge and Challenge+1 are freeview channels, available to anyone with a digital set.
- Sky Sports channels are a set of premium channels only available for sat/cable subscribers at an extra cost of £20, on top of the base subscription.

Either way, probably more people in the UK watched OTL than in the US.

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOcVqCmap5g

o_a_Ozil10RM_real_madrid_80175_20100830235038.gif

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/archive/04232007/articles/josemourinho

4582406.jpg

i58kbwnqK7CN4.gif

QNAGh.gif

Khrno

Maybe I'm looking @ that data wrong, but TNA seems to be competing well with WWE on the other side of the pond.

You are looking right, however:

Notes:
- Public views of ratings are restricted to the top 10 for each channel BARB.co.uk
- Challenge and Challenge+1 are freeview channels, available to anyone with a digital set.
- Sky Sports channels are a set of premium channels only available for sat/cable subscribers at an extra cost of £20, on top of the base subscription.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
WWE numbers in the UK are fucking awful these days. They used to be the second most watched show on Sky Sports behind Premier League football.

Khrno

WWE numbers in the UK are fucking awful these days. They used to be the second most watched show on Sky Sports behind Premier League football.

Not for anything the Tapout t-shirts are the cool thing to wear in these past years, so everyone is tuning out of Sky Sports and watching:

espn_ufc.jpg

gnjtZ.jpg

The WWE should end their deal with SkySports and get on Channel 4, ITV or something popular but available on freeview.

I think their current deal goes until 2015, which will be their 25th year with them.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Not for anything the Tapout t-shirts are the cool thing to wear in these past years, so everyone is tuning out of Sky Sports and watching:

http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/files/2012/01/espn_ufc.jpgIMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gnjtZ.jpg[IMG]

The WWE should end their deal with SkySports and get on Channel 4, ITV or something popular but available on freeview.

I think their current deal goes until 2015, which will be their 25th year with them.[/QUOTE]

I remember they used to show SmackDown every Saturday morning on Sky One, then they'd show Heat on Sunday on Sky One. Now everything is on Sky Sports bar those dumbass re-cap shows.

I don't think anyone else will ever get WWE because it doesn't make sense for the channel or WWE. From a channels perspective, wrestling isn't that big any more, and from WWEs perspective, no broadcaster outside of Sky is going to take up all of their programmes. Hell, they'd struggle to get one channel to get Raw and SD. 4 hours of TV a week is a big commitment.

Khrno

I remember they used to show SmackDown every Saturday morning on Sky One, then they'd show Heat on Sunday on Sky One. Now everything is on Sky Sports bar those dumbass re-cap shows.

I don't think anyone else will ever get WWE because it doesn't make sense for the channel or WWE. From a channels perspective, wrestling isn't that big any more, and from WWEs perspective, no broadcaster outside of Sky is going to take up all of their programmes. Hell, they'd struggle to get one channel to get Raw and SD. 4 hours of TV a week is a big commitment.

At least they should move Raw and SD to the Sky channels, that would make them available to more people, and leave the reruns, recaps and PPVs for the Sports channels.

TNA is not more popular than the WWE, it's just currently available to more people.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
At least they should move Raw and SD to the Sky channels, that would make them available to more people, and leave the reruns, recaps and PPVs for the Sports channels.

TNA is not more popular than the WWE, it's just currently available to more people.

Yeah, but they've already had them on Sky One and moved them over to Sports. They won't move them back because there is likely a hardcore fanbase whose Sky Sports subscription is because of WWE. More money for Sky.

They have more PPVs on Box Office than ever. It's not for no reason, some people are paying for these.

Something to do with being considered a form of piracy if i'm not mistaken.

Hitokage explained it in the MLP thread. I'm reciting it from memory (so I could be a bit off), but essentially some of the peeps in the MLP thread wanted to use Synchtube to watch new episodes. But since new episodes aren't put onto Youtube officially, then it is technically considered piracy and Hito said he would ban anyone who brought it up again.

I don't know how accurate I am with what Hito said, but if people want to do a synchtube thing, then it's best to ask a mod about it before announcing it just to be safe.

RBH

If a Synchtube just consists of stuff from WWE/TNA/ROH's official youtube channel for instance, wouldn't that be ok?

dream

Raw on 6/4 did a 2.92 rating and 4.28 million viewers. The show was only fifth for the night on cable. The biggest competition was the Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs NBA playoff semifinal head-to-head which did a 6.32 rating and 8.51 million viewers. Game three of the Stanley Cup finals, on NBC Sports (formerly Versus) did a 1.5 rating and 1.74 million viewers, which for a comparison is what Urijah Faber and Jens Pulver were doing on that station on a worse night of the week a few years back. An interesting note regarding Memorial Day and this week is that during the Raw hours on Memorial Day there were 71.11 million U.S. homes watching television. On 6/4, there were 71.23 million, or almost identical, so it not being Memorial Day isn’t why the rating was up. It was a combination of no Hatfields & McCoys and perhaps a show where John Cena was plugged heavily, although the rating was at the low end of the usual average.

As far as demos went, the show did 2.5 in Boys 12-17 (up 14%), 2.4 in Males 18-49 (same as last week), 0.9 in Girls 12-17 (up 50%) and 1.2 in Girls 18-49 (up 20%). That’s the difference between Cena and non-Cena, is Cena draws girls at a level nobody else on Raw does. The male skew was 67.8%

As far as ratings pattern, there was a lot that wasn’t good. The show started out strong for the Cena promo doing a 3.27 first quarter, but it dropped from there and never came back. What makes this bad is that this was a show booked for train wreck ratings, in the sense the whole thing was to build up Cena getting his hands on Michael Cole. Coming off the low rating, they did little for the PPV and just tried to get Cena all over the show and do all the tricks like the heel in his underwear being humiliated. It wasn’t to build programs but just to get that "we can’t turn away from this" mentality that has in the past been effective in drawing ratings. But it didn’t appear to work this time. The overrun with Cena vs. Cole, that they had built the whole show for, ended up being weak. In the segment-by-segment, Cole trying to get out of the match talking to Laurinaitis and the beginning of Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 753,000 viewers, which is awful and points to the Cole thing not working this time. Can’t say much for Sheamus and Ziggler either. Although the finish of their match, the post-match beatdown by Alberto Del Rio, and Sin Cara vs. Hunico gained 302,000 viewers. Ryback’s debut on Raw in the handicap match lost 298,000 viewers. C.M. Punk vs. Kane in the 10 p.m. hour gained 340,000. The first part of the match did a 2.93 quarter and the finish got up to a 3.02. It’s a little less than an average gain for that slot but better than Punk has been doing of late. Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins lost 646,000 viewers. John Cena vs. Tensai gained 514,000 viewers, which is super strong for the 10:45 p.m. quarter. And Cena vs. Cole gained 299,000 viewers, which is weak for the overrun, but perhaps misleading in the sense the people who usually come in for the overrun came back early I guess due to Cena being in a match. But the overrun only did a 3.14 quarter.

By demo, this was the Cena gain at the end. Teenage boys went from 2.2 to 2.7. 18-49 men from 2.0 to 2.5. Teenage girls went from 0.8 to 1.3 and 18-49 women from 1.0 to 1.3.

Top Bottom