• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

R22YWfG.jpg

More details here. I recommend listening to the interview, Paul goes deep into the work that it takes to create products (like getting Spielbergs approval) and unveils quite a few future products.

strafer

JURASSIC PARK Star Sam Neill Praises JURASSIC WORLD; Says The "Actors Were Real Good"

"I was very curious to see it and I’m happy to see it, and I thought they did a really good job. And the actors were real good." Sam Neill said. After acknowledging the "respectful" Jurassic Park references in Jurassic World, Neill then said that it was pretty messed up how the innocent character Zara (played by Katie McGrath) died at the hands of the Mosasaurus. "Boy, what did the English girl do wrong? She got eaten by like three dinosaurs at once. Was she on the phone too much? She did something really wrong." He then called back to Jurassic Park and said it was pretty obvious that Samuel Jackson's character was going to die. "And you could see poor old Sam Jackson was going to get it, because he’s a smoker. Smokers always die. And the lawyer."

Lastly, he spoke on Bryce Dallas Howard's Claire and revealed his thoughts on the "controversial" high heels scene. "I’m fine with high heels. I like people being eaten. And if you’re going to be eaten, you may as well do it spectacularly." He then added, "He’s a great leading man, by the way," referring to Chris Pratt (who played Owen in the film). "Yeah. Terrific. He’s got the bike-riding skills."

Hahaha, I love his answers. Some of them feel a little tongue-in-cheek.

"I’m fine with high heels. I like people being eaten. And if you’re going to be eaten, you may as well do it spectacularly."

obin_gam

Hahaha, I love his answers. Some of them feel a little tongue-in-cheek.

"I’m fine with high heels. I like people being eaten. And if you’re going to be eaten, you may as well do it spectacularly."

It's nice to read a response to a movie taking it like it's a movie, because it is, and not the end all be all of childhoods like the internet loves claiming movies to be.

Zara's death was tonally out of place in the film. Sure, dinosaurs don't discriminate, but films don't exist in a bubble without narrative and context.

Anyways.

The Hybrid Jurassic World toys are starting to show up. Some random video 'review'.

The paint application is a huge step up, and the features and sfx are nice. But those screw holes.. wtf.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Zara's death was tonally out of place in the film. Sure, dinosaurs don't discriminate, but films don't exist in a bubble without narrative and context.

I'm sorry, can you repeat that in English please?

bengraven

I was so upset with the unnecessarily cruel death. Not only do you have someone who's trying to save the heroes, but the death is prolong and cruel, torturous, and then you take into fact how humiliating it is because you know there were people laughing at the horrible way he died.

RIP
Eddie Carr, Muldoon, Carter...okay, maybe not Carter, but that was a fucked up way to die for someone who's only sin was listening to music while a shithead died a few feet away

26TsDn6.jpg

^ It's pretty cool to see how complex the park was, wish we could have explored more of it. Would have been interesting to see a dino attack on a water park.

Fuchsdh

I hope it doesn't cater only to the super rich.

*Chortling while Jeff Goldblum looks dour.*

You know, if there's one thing I'd nitpick with the original Jurassic Park, is that I think Hammond's ultimately right. He clearly did rely too much on automation and got snaked... but there's nothing ultimately so cosmically powerful about dinosaurs. They're exceptional via their creation, but they're animals at the end of the day, and even poor Laura Dern can't sell me on her "I didn't respect that power" speech (come to think of it, Dern's had to try and sell some pretty horrible monologues in movies I've seen with her in it, but at least this one wasn't the bit about robins from Blue Velvet.) I get the point of hubris, but Hammond basically giving up his dream because a fat dude put a backdoor in his system doesn't seem to wash for me. Then again I suppose at that point the lawyers would bury him anyhow... would be interested in what kind of maneuvers Masrani actually had to do to successfully get another park off the ground. Might have been more interesting than the little we saw of the functional park in Jurassic World.

I made a Ultimasaurus and Compstegnathus in Lego Jurassic World, which were Jurassic Park Chaos Effect toys.. I'm far too happy with myself for this.

7ljhHPQ.jpg

I wish there were more color pattern options in the game, especially since there are so many for the raptors that you can't actually utilize.

Jawmuncher

Always thought it was odd how the compstagnathus looked like it was from batman:TAS. None of the other toys from the line look like that outside of maybe the ultimasaurus face.

Always thought it was odd how the compstagnathus looked like it was from batman:TAS. None of the other toys from the line look like that outside of maybe the ultimasaurus face.

Well, Chaos Effect was initially supposed to be a cartoon, hence the art style.

Many of the unreleased figures looked similiar, but sadly they never saw release due to the plans of the cartoon falling through pretty early and the line scaling back.

Here's a few others:

I wish half of those saw release.. I also wish the 'Dino Hybrid' thing would have looked at them for inspiration, and resurrected a few of those.

Jawmuncher

Well, Chaos Effect was initially supposed to be a cartoon, hence the art style.

Many of the unreleased figures looked similiar, but sadly they never saw release due to the plans of the cartoon falling through pretty early and the line scaling back.

Here's a few others:

I wish half of those saw release.. I also wish the 'Dino Hybrid' thing would have looked at them for inspiration, and resurrected a few of those.

I'd have watched the fuck out of that show.

26TsDn6.jpg

^ It's pretty cool to see how complex the park was, wish we could have explored more of it. Would have been interesting to see a dino attack on a water park.

I really like the design of the water area, where you can literally just walk out of the water into the park.

And what is that stadium?

This was all on the website, right?

Fresh from toy fair.

2aSj21K.jpg

Press release:

Inspired by Jurassic World, one of the biggest global blockbusters of all time, and the mobile game from Ludia, comes the next evolution of one of the most successful and popular franchises in movie history: Dino Hybrid.

A terrifying and imaginative new development, Dino Hybrid further evolves the genetic enhancements of these ferocious and astonishing creatures. With high detail, photo-real colors, sharper claws, and, of course, more teeth, Dino Hybrid will unleash genetically modified breeds of new dinosaurs that will roam, swim and fly into the world of imagination.

New for 2016, Hasbro introduces a line of ferocious hybrid dinosaur figures that is sure to engage fans of all ages in prehistoric adventures! With the introduction of our predatory Pteramimus, cunning Carnoraptor, massive Stegoceratops and the astonishing Dilophosaurus Rex, play will never be the same.

Dino Hybrid will satisfy Jurassic lovers everywhere as they excitedly await summer 2018, when executive producer Steven Spielberg and stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return for Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s JURASSIC WORLD SEQUEL.

JURASSIC WORLD products for 2016 include:

JURASSIC WORLD HYBRID FX TYRANNOSAURUS REX

(Ages 4 years & up/ Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/ Available: Spring16)
This dinosaur is ready for battle! Standing at 16 inches, the JURASSIC WORLD FX HYBRID TYRANNOSAURUS REX appears to be a fierce fighter when kids press down on her back to activate pop-up spikes and chomping action. Press again for additional roaring SFX effects. Requires 2 AA batteries, demo batteries included.

JURASSIC WORLD HYBRID RAMPAGE INDOMINUS REX

(Ages 4 years & up/ Approx. Retail Price: $34.99/ Available: Fall 16)
The HYBRID RAMPAGE INDOMINUS REX dinosaur is an awesome prehistoric predator. This hybrid dinosaur has spike reveal. Crank the left arm to hear her roar! The carnivorous beast from the JURASSIC WORLD movie is brought to life as a ferocious 21-inch long dinosaur figure that features chomping action, a mighty roar, a vicious look, and spring activated battle armor on her back

JURASSIC WORLD Basic Figure Assortment

(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Spring 2016)
The JURASSIC WORLD dinosaurs can chomp their jaws or thrash their tails in a prehistoric fight for survival! Go head-to- head and claw-to-claw with the figures inspired by the ferocious main attractions of the JURASSIC WORLD film: Tyrannosaurus Rex, Spinosaurus and more. Eight new hybrid dinos are available in 2016. There are new breeds to this figure assortment like a Dilophosaurus Rex and Stegoceratops. Each sold separately.

JURASSIC WORLD Lights and Sounds Figure Assortment

(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Spring 2016)
The dinosaurs from the JURASSIC WORLD movie take form as fierce figures that chomp, stomp, and roar! Each fearsome dino stands eight inches long and features illuminated battle scars and screeching sound effects. Four new hybrid dinos are available in 2016 featuring new breeds like a Pteramimus and Carnoraptor. Each sold separately. Requires 2 button cell batteries, demo batteries included.

JURASSIC WORLD VEHICLE BATTLE PACK Set

(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Spring 2016)
Kids can join the JURASSIC WORLD hunt for dinos over land, air, and sea with this VEHICLE BATTLE PACK set. Let the hunting begin with clever as ever raptor BLUE and trainer Owen on his motorcycle! Raptor BLUE takes form as a fierce figure with a hidden hybrid feature. Shine Owen’s LED light-scope to reveal skin pattern on the ferocious dinosaur and let the hunt begin! Pack includes 4-inch human figure, Owen, dinosaur figure, motorcycle, and two accessories.

Well shit, we're actually getting a 4inch Owen action figure? Nice!

It looks even better in person, IMO.. from The Toy Insider:

EOHYDLa.jpg

Also, in the background of one of their other pics you can see some of the smaller new toys:

Sin9agC.jpg

That Ankylosaur retool looks great! I wonder if one of those are the Carnoraptor.. I'm dying to see the Carnoraptor.

Amalthea

Banned
Lately I've been repainting my Horizon T-Rex model with a more movie like paintjob since the old one looked too wrong. It might be amateurish since it's only the third time I painted a model, the first painting of it included.

Top Bottom