• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGreenGiant said:
JP1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

3 was just plain stupid. Hated Tea' Leoni. She wrecked this movie for me (although she's not the only reason... maybe about 80% or so)

Dude, no matter how annoying Tea Leoni was, it's

JP1>>>>>>>JP3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JP2

Forgive me, because it's been many years since I've read the book... But I remember a ton of stuff that never made it into the movie. Remember the part when the kid fell off the look out tower and took cover from the raptors by hiding in a protective cage? The raptors rolled the cage off into the woods to have their way with him. While all that's going on, theres a scene with the woman on a motorcycle trying to escape from or catch (don't remember) some raptors for some reason or another. The scene comes to a head when to motorcycle runs out of gas and the woman hides under a broken down car... just when all looks bleak, some other dinos come out and kick some raptor ass. It was an awesome part of the book and completely removed in the movie.. Then the whole ending they decided to add at the end which made it into a godzilla movie... LAME.

Anyway, trust me, there was a ton of stuff not added, and a lot of shitty stuff that was...

Odoul

JP1 was a classic. Lost World was fun. And 3 was just trash.

The lost world was also a cool book. It would've rocked so much if it was a straight adaption of the first 2. There was more interaction with the creatures and the characters were different. Like how they rolled the black kid and white girl into one character. Plus it would've been awesome seeing them get chased on the boat by the Rex. Or the T-rex fighting with the juvenile.

Plus it sucks what they turned Eddie into.

Memles

clipunderground said:
Forgive me, because it's been many years since I've read the book... But I remember a ton of stuff that never made it into the movie. Remember the part when the kid fell off the look out tower and took cover from the raptors by hiding in a protective cage? The raptors rolled the cage off into the woods to have their way with him. While all that's going on, theres a scene with the woman on a motorcycle trying to escape from or catch (don't remember) some raptors for some reason or another. The scene comes to a head when to motorcycle runs out of gas and the woman hides under a broken down car... just when all looks bleak, some other dinos come out and kick some raptor ass. It was an awesome part of the book and completely removed in the movie.. Then the whole ending they decided to add at the end which made it into a godzilla movie... LAME.

Anyway, trust me, there was a ton of stuff not added, and a lot of shitty stuff that was...

From what I remember reading (It's been about...holy shit, like over a year now, whoa) essentially the story revolves around a rival investor trying to steal Dinosaur eggs, in an attempt to one-up Hammond. Really, what ends up happening for the most part is the kids stow away onto the island in a trailer (Which we of course have seen, including the best part of The Lost World), but they never FIGHT dinosaurs. They see most of the action on surveillance screens. Also, Lex is actually based a lot on the girl in the second movie (The entire dynamic between the kids is) and the computer system navigation by Lex in the first movie is actually taken directly from The Lost World..

Memles said:
From what I remember reading (It's been about...holy shit, like over a year now, whoa) essentially the story revolves around a rival investor trying to steal Dinosaur eggs, in an attempt to one-up Hammond. Really, what ends up happening for the most part is the kids stow away onto the island in a trailer (Which we of course have seen, including the best part of The Lost World), but they never FIGHT dinosaurs. They see most of the action on surveillance screens. Also, Lex is actually based a lot on the girl in the second movie (The entire dynamic between the kids is) and the computer system navigation by Lex in the first movie is actually taken directly from The Lost World..

Yeah. your probably right I read the book years ago, right before the movie came out so my memory is VERY foggy. What I do remember however is that the book was very entertaining and I thought how so many of the scenes were perfect for the movie. I was anticipating so many things that never panned out. Not only that, but crap they added to the movie sucked horribly for the most part.

Anyway, for those who thought 3 was so crappy... What was so bad about it? I thought it was much more of a solid movie then 2 was. I was actually very surprised how much I enjoyed it..

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Goreomedy said:
Which large chunks did he ignore?

Besides bringing Malcolm back, who was very much dead at the end of the original.

So was Hammond -- remember, the compys got him. Also, IIRC they blew up the island when they left. Doesn't really leave much room for a sequel, of course.

Odoul

Also how come through 3 movies not even a mention of the chameleons? They weren't shown alot of in the books, but they were mentioned as the most dangerous creatures on the island. They could've at least mentioned to be on the look out for them/made them an ominous, unseen threat.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
SteveMeister said:
So was Hammond -- remember, the compys got him. Also, IIRC they blew up the island when they left. Doesn't really leave much room for a sequel, of course.

Hammond wasn't in the book.

And it was a different island from Jurassic Park. Remember?

Stele

Holds a little red book
OMG -- marine reptiles! With Spielberg's budget, I expect something akin to "Chased by Dinosaurs" Sea Monster segments only multiplied several dozen times. Liopleurodon! Mosasaur!

Edit: Wait, Spielberg isn't signed on yet.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Goreomedy said:
Hammond wasn't in the book.

And it was a different island from Jurassic Park. Remember?

Yes, I remember that.

And Hammond's in the 2nd movie, briefly, so I guess it's possible that scene wasn't in the second book. It's been a while. But I do remember that the second book was a sequel to the MOVIE, and not to the first book, from when I did read it, which was my original point. Guess I'll have to re-read the books to remember what else they decided to ignore for the second book.

Odoul

Didn't the book set it up as he was in some kind of coma. Was buried and reported as dead, but the Costa Rican government kept him in some compound? Also wasn't his girlfriend his nurse?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
SteveMeister said:
Yes, I remember that.

And Hammond's in the 2nd movie, briefly, so I guess it's possible that scene wasn't in the second book. It's been a while. But I do remember that the second book was a sequel to the MOVIE, and not to the first book, from when I did read it, which was my original point. Guess I'll have to re-read the books to remember what else they decided to ignore for the second book.

Yeah, it seems the movie and book are bleeding together in your mind.

To Crichton's credit, he only pandered to the filmmakers by bringing Malcolm back alive. In the first book, he was pronounced dead by Ellie, I believe. At the beginning of the second book, it was explained that she was mistaken, he just barely scraped by. Eye roll worthy, but I was willing to suspend disbelief and enjoy what was another fine techno-thriller.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Odoul said:
Didn't the book set it up as he was in some kind of coma. Was buried and reported as dead, but the Costa Rican government kept him in some compound? Also wasn't his girlfriend his nurse?

Yup, something like that. Really convoluted. It must have pained Michael to write the explanation. Or maybe he had his wife do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom