• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought a Steam Deck from Facebook marketplace. I’m blown away!

Well it’s just kinda hanging on that screen in gaming mode
I’m on release. Not prerelease.

nothings really installed on that anyhow, I’ve just got decky instealled and downloaded NSL
I wonder if Gog might be down.
I also think nonsteamgames plugin might be bugged. It installs two links of everything I download from epic games

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Banned
I wonder if Gog might be down.
I also think nonsteamgames plugin might be bugged. It installs two links of everything I download from epic games
Enabled proton. Now I’m in. Well ok lol

Question, Will downloaded games appear in steam itself or only through this “app”

Also, I’ve downloaded a few GOG games through heroic, are they kinda useless and need to be uninstalled?

Enabled proton. Now I’m in. Well ok lol

Question, Will downloaded games appear in steam itself or only through this “app”

Also, I’ve downloaded a few GOG games through heroic, are they kinda useless and need to be uninstalled?

Turn on that auto scan option andit will create a shortcut in the steam library under non steam games.

Maddux4164

Banned
Turn on that auto scan option andit will create a shortcut in the steam library under non steam games.
Oh really?

That’s in the decky sidebar?

The reason I even care, tell me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t this keep track of play time, cloud saves and GOG achievements?
Within GOG itself of course

Oh really?

That’s in the decky sidebar?

The reason I even care, tell me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t this keep track of play time, cloud saves and GOG achievements?
Within GOG itself of course
I think coc and or epic are running in the background when you launch the game.
the question I want to know is how to uninstall the games? Do you do it from the steam library or through the cog and epic stores?

Maddux4164

Banned
the question I want to know is how to uninstall the games? Do you do it from the steam library or through the cog and epic stores?
Nah. As is my understanding and experience in a few short days. Absolutely MUST be uninstalled though desktop mode where the file is located

Filelight from the discover store is extremely helpful

SRTtoZ

I have the new Limited Edition OLED and I love the thing. I don't play it as much since I don't really go anywhere but it's such a sick piece of tech.

Maddux4164

Banned
I have the new Limited Edition OLED and I love the thing. I don't play it as much since I don't really go anywhere but it's such a sick piece of tech.
It’s my PC frankly. Avenue to access my 600 steam games
140 GOG games
Etc

I had a gaming PC. But things in life happened. It involved a fire and bad stuff. But this was a very cheap way to get back in the scene

Maddux4164

Banned
I was having major issues to find out where my extremely large files was installed at

I’m so used to windows and obviously this ain’t that

Firelight saved me and gives a full on visual of where the space of everything is being used. It’s a GUIDE and can’t delete anything within itself. But better than nothing

coffinbirth

I'd probably get rid of whatever that skin is but other than that I think you're off to a good start.

I hate the way the USB C cable sticks out of the top so I got these to keep from breaking the port...

Playing with fire using those. Fudged up a tablet port with one after one use, forced to charge at low wattage now otherwise I get the "moisture" warning. Googled it only to find a million results saying not to use em, haha. Used one on a phone for a year or so without issue prior to that, however, so you know, ymmv.

Maddux4164

Banned
Playing with fire using those. Fudged up a tablet port with one after one use, forced to charge at low wattage now otherwise I get the "moisture" warning. Googled it only to find a million results saying not to use em, haha. Used one on a phone for a year or so without issue prior to that, however, so you know, ymmv.
Doesn’t bother me enough to buy any accessories to “fix” it frankly

Maddux4164

Banned
I just use an angled one that fits snug to the shell. It was made specifically for Steam Deck, I believe.
I’m still perfectly fine with it.

Mainly use a dock to sit it on and play with a wireless controller

Not docked into the tv (sometimes yes)

But mainly just docked and charging with a wireless controller

This way I can Watch a movie KINDA and still tinker with games and stuff

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Banned
No idea why GOG won’t make a native Steam Deck app out of the box

They’re swimming in money and could be done in a weekend probably

coffinbirth

I’m still perfectly fine with it.

Mainly use a dock to sit it on and play with a wireless controller

Not docked into the tv (sometimes yes)

But mainly just docked and charging with a wireless controller

This way I can Watch a movie KINDA and still tinker with games and stuff
It takes the risk of damage to your port from a cord getting yanked or whatever down to nil, and I've been drunk and yanked that thing on accident more than once, haha.

Same. I play retro stuff in handheld from time to time as well. Great device.

Maddux4164

Banned
It takes the risk of damage to your port from a cord getting yanked or whatever down to nil, and I've been drunk and yanked that thing on accident more than once, haha.

Same. I play retro stuff in handheld from time to time as well. Great device.
Best time I’ve had so far was a simple game called “Killer Frequency”. Made a thread on it too.

Absolutely amazing little cheap game. Played soley on the deck. Beat it. Took me 7-8 hours but was CHILL type game

coffinbirth

Best time I’ve had so far was a simple game called “Killer Frequency”. Made a thread on it too.

Absolutely amazing little cheap game. Played soley on the deck. Beat it. Took me 7-8 hours but was CHILL type game
I bought it awhile back, saving it for my 31 Days of Horror festivities come October. 🎃

Maddux4164

Banned
Is this the most “gamer bro” moment ever?!

Kinda think so but maybe not

Because didn’t select this controller or skin on steam deck. Bought it secondhand.

But it feels very “look at me. I’m a gamer”

Cyberpunkd

Steam Deck made me not give up my gaming. It also got my wife back into gaming - she is playing Witcher 1 for the first time on the Deck, later we will go through Witcher 2 and 3 together.

I finished Fallout 4 because of the Deck.

Insane piece of hardware, I will be there Day 1 for SD2.

Top Bottom