• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

pestul

Couldn't score the Walmart (canada) $40 deal so I just bought it off steam for $50US. Almost as good since there's no sales taxes on it. Now hurry up and download dammit!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rather than enter the base to kill one of the colonel I just stood on top of a mountain and sniped him :lol

Sanic

So how's everyone progressing so far? I've put in about 5 hours, but only 1 involved advancing the plot in any way as most of the time I was exploring and causing chaos.

I guess if you finish the game, you unlock (spoiler just in case)
a 'merc' mode, anyone know anything about that?

Pandoracell said:
So how's everyone progressing so far? I've put in about 5 hours, but only 1 involved advancing the plot in any way as most of the time I was exploring and causing chaos.

I guess if you finish the game, you unlock (spoiler just in case)
a 'merc' mode, anyone know anything about that?
Checkthe OP for the spoiler :)

Making it a point to clear out every airport you find makes it really easy to get around the island. Being able to drive/surf/float a few hundred meters to pick up an unguarded plane no matter where you spawn is really helpful.

I also find that mid-air plane-jackings are just too enticing to pass up. I could be 10 seconds away from my destination after flying across the map in a jet with machine guns and rocket launchers, but if I notice even an unarmed prop plane I instantly must have it, and to hell with whatever I was planning to do 30 seconds ago.

The navigation for cars is nice but sometimes it gets really spotty. I've never been able to use it in any of those big roundabouts. I have to keep checking my map to see when I should exit. And sometimes on freeways it will keep having me exit, cross the overpass to the other side, and get right back on. I wish you could set way points. As pointless as they'd be to the main game, I'd love to do a full circuit of the island without having to bring up the map every few minutes with a podcast or something going in the background.

The AI for all enemies and civilians is pretty awful, and the falling/damage seems to be random, there are a few niggling bugs here and there, but this is by far the most fun I've had with a game in years.

Jaroof

Is anyone having trouble with the PS3 upload feature?
The first time I tried to upload a video, it had an error.
The second time, it uploaded, but won't stop "processing".
I'd say it's been a few hours since I uploaded it, and it's still processing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it, I totally forgot to pre-order this on Steam after thoroughly enjoying the demo. Oh well! I bought it and am downloading now!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I got my copy today. The nearest KMART was sold out but I got one at the other one.
I played the first couple missions and this game is sooo much fun, hopefully I'll have a chance to play more tonight.

I've been skipping the cutscenes. Not just because they're kind of tarded but because I want to go straight to the awesome action. I'm way early in the game, but I can definitely say that every game ever from this point on needs to have a grappling hook.

I can't put this game down! Just doing random crap is so fun. I was a little overwhelmed at first since you have this huge map as your playground. I actually enjoy doing the missions, but they seem to be a little monotonous. Its all good though. :)

Jaroof

Jaroof said:
Is anyone having trouble with the PS3 upload feature?
The first time I tried to upload a video, it had an error.
The second time, it uploaded, but won't stop "processing".
I'd say it's been a few hours since I uploaded it, and it's still processing.
Anybody??

I uploaded another video, and it has better quality already.. but it also still says it's processing.

jet1911

The power of the BOLO Patch. :lol

xy5y0.png

4ptrew.png

dvkebd.png

jet1911 said:
The power of the BOLO Patch. :lol

Yea, thats hilarious - yesterday I was fucking around with it in the demo and I basically grappled a helicopter in place with like 20 dudes hanging from it. I don't think I've had so much fun in a game in a long time. Excited to see what can be done with the PC version :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wiggum2007 said:

Sorry. Maybe someone will adapt the story to a novel and I can just catch up with it then.

The bolo patch looks awesome. Maybe Avalanche will steal that idea and sell it as DLC to us console peasants.

MThanded

3 hours 30 minutes = 4% complete :lol :lol

Snuggler said:
Sorry. Maybe someone will adapt the story to a novel and I can just catch up with it then.

The bolo patch looks awesome. Maybe Avalanche will steal that idea and sell it as DLC to us console peasants.

Pretty much assume this is in the works.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, the PS3 replay feature...

Can you set up external cameras... like stationary cameras in the world, panning cameras, etc? Or is it just a 1:1 replay of the past 5 minutes?

MThanded

FlyinJ said:
So, the PS3 replay feature...

Can you set up external cameras... like stationary cameras in the world, panning cameras, etc? Or is it just a 1:1 replay of the past 5 minutes?

its 1:1

MThanded said:
3 hours 30 minutes = 4% complete :lol :lol

:lol I have almost the same thing. About 3:45, and only 4% complete. This game is just amazing. The map is absolutely ENORMOUS. I mean holy damn, I knew it was big, but it's totally different when you're playing it. When it takes 5+ minutes to reach a location in a JET, you know it's cotdamn huge.

This game scratches an itch I haven't scratched since GTA San Andreas in terms of open world land mass. I was traveling by foot in mountains, and reached a HUGE frozen lake beside a settlement, and it just looked so good. And the feeling of isolation was kinda creepy up there actually, especially since it was like 2 AM game time.

My biggest complaint thus far is that when you hit about 6:00 PM game clock to about 5:00 AM the clock just goes way too quickly. It's literally like 30 minutes of high noon style sunlight, and 10 minutes for everything else. I wish they would patch the game clock so that we get at least 15 minutes of real night gameplay, 5 minutes of sunrise, 5 minutes of sunset, and keep the 30 minutes of daylight. The storms also come and go too quickly. They made some great looking storms, but don't give them any real time for the atmosphere to sink in. If there's one thing that Rockstar does perfectly in GTAIV it's the day/night/weather system, and I wish Avalanche copied them in that regard.

MThanded

someone who works on this game is a fan of an NBC show I see. :lol :lol Just watched a mind blowing vid

Sh0k

Just finished one mission that i had to help a local gang take over a nuclear plant... at the end of the mission, the gang was chanting Scorpio ! Scorpio ! :lol

Love this game !

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Sh0k said:
Just finished one mission that i had to help a local gang take over a nuclear plant... at the end of the mission, the gang was chanting Scorpio ! Scorpio ! :lol

Love this game !

One of my guys said "I heard Scorpio killed 10 men with his bare fists."

reetva

Banned
I have been playing this like Splinter Cell with a grappling hook. When I'm not in a mission, I'll go around all-sneaky like, plant C4 on key structures (like water towers, or the smaller radio towers, if possible) without being seen, get to a safe distance, hold L2, and bask in the glory of stealthiness. Sometimes, I'll make return trips when there is more than one thing to blow up and if I have enough C4. There is no greater feeling than successful stealthy sabotages in a game that isn't in any way designed for stealth. It feels like I beat a Mega Man level without any enemies looking directly at me. :lol

MThanded said:
Rather than enter the base to kill one of the colonel I just stood on top of a mountain and sniped him :lol
I've practically made this a sport, myself. I find a colonel, set up an escape plan, and snipe him at just the right moment. By the time the enemies' bullets would have reached me, I'm well out of sight. Game is so awesome! :D

My only beef so far in this excellent game is being in a small town and wanting to destroy all the military stuff but not being able to find it. Is there any way at all to find this stuff easier. If not its going to kill me with my ADD of trying to do everything.:lol

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Wow at the IGN score, I'm glad that game reviewers can recognize the fun to be had here. I just can't wait for Ryan Davis' review. Where is his review, by the way? I thought he would be one of the firsts.

UFRA

LovingSteam said:
We need more screens, Youtube clips, and gifs folks!

Uploading a quick 30 sec clip right now from PS3 version.

Edit: FYI I'm uploading to my personal YT account.

For some reason, when I tried to do it to the GAF account I get error "8002D001".

Not sure what that's about :/

Can anyone with the ps3 version tell me if the input lag has been fixed when you drive the vehicles, or any improvements have been made to the physics?

thanks.

bathala

Banned
flipswitch said:
Can anyone with the ps3 version tell me if the input lag has been fixed when you drive the vehicles, or any improvements have been made to the physics?

thanks.
i don't feel any lag driving. i really like drifting on this game

there's a clipping issue on the harbor mission. the structure will flicker to show the background

bathala

Banned
anyone found this collectible in the ocean. Near Panau Docks District.

x: 1068
Y:13565

I tried going under water, but can't find it

bathala said:
i don't feel any lag driving. i really like drifting on this game

there's a clipping issue on the harbor mission. the structure will flicker to show the background

is this the ps3 version you're playing?

UFRA

LovingSteam said:
LOL. BTW, such a beautiful game! Also, I have started to include the Chaos Clips in the OP. Y'all have until March 31st to offer up clips.

Yeah the visuals are definitely great. Really enjoying it.

Any ideas on why I'd be getting that error when trying to upload to the GAF YT account? :(

Top Bottom