• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Klocker

on the 360 so no video but I was just dumbfounded yesterday when I spun a razorback off of a slippery road cliff at the top of the mountains only to watch it slowly slide its way down the hill past another camp (I bailed out and tried to recover it), down another cliff, slide on the ice past another settlement and trees and eventually slip on momentum all the way down to finally free fall the last 100 meters to the river's edge at the base of the canyon and explode... incredible. :lol

Burger said:
The best suggestion I heard in this thread for a sequel would be to add outer space. Riding a rocket up to orbit would be mental, and instead of Panau, have a whole planet.

Jet packs, laser beams, dinosaurs. Just go to town. I think the less realistic they make it, the better!

oh my god

Devin Olsen said:
:lol awesome

I can't understand why 'no wire break' isn't an option on console :\ so much potential

Yeah. :(

I mentioned earlier in the thread that it would be cool if Just Cause 2 received some DLC that is a lot like Crackdown's "Keys to the City".

It would essentially just be the BOLO patch for consoles, with maybe some extra goodies. :D

UFRA

To PS3 owners:

Do you guys ever have the game freeze upon quitting?

Example:
-I'm done playing for a bit, I save, and go to Quit Game in the pause menu.
-The game goes back to the Press Start screen, and from there I hold the PS button and select Quit Game.
-At this point, it sits there a few seconds at the Please Wait... screen, then my PS3 does the 3 beeps and reboots itself automatically.

:/

GHG

Gold Member
Burger said:
The best suggestion I heard in this thread for a sequel would be to add outer space. Riding a rocket up to orbit would be mental, and instead of Panau, have a whole planet.

Jet packs, laser beams, dinosaurs. Just go to town. I think the less realistic they make it, the better!

:lol

GAF would go insane.

Burger said:

YES! I can only imagine... omg. Whatabout this! You could even have access to a rocket suit!

Hey I just started playing last night and I have a question. Do you guys just use the autosave, or do you do 'hard saves' as well, like when you're done for a session?

Give us a Dark Knight mod. The full get-up, with a cape instead of chute. A gun that fires timed explosives, and some internal areas for those skyscrapers so we can pull off stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFnJGt-uYlw

Or dinosaurs. I'd be cool with dinosaurs. After all the crazy stuff I've seen in this game and videos, I wouldn't be surprised if King Kong jumped out of the jungle below and swatted my helicopter out of the sky.

GHG

Gold Member
Its like they've taken everything that made San Andreas awesome, cut the baggage such as the gym/food/girlfriend aspects and thrown it into a massive next gen game world. I can't get enough of this game.

Remy

PCGaf: If you're a Fraps registered user, you MUST MUST MUST upgrade to 3.2. Here's why:

Fraps 3.2 brings a new feature for registered users - loop recording, constantly capture the previous 30 seconds of video.

To start the buffering press and hold the video capture hotkey for a second. The Fraps counter will turn pink to show that video is being cached. When you want to save the action simply tap the capture hotkey and the recording will continue as normal (including the previous 30 seconds of footage).

Never miss a moment again.

Fraps, or it didn't happen!

The performance hit is minimal, so to be able to go "HOLY SHIT SOMETHING CRAZY JUST HAPPENED" and not actually miss it is such a godsend.

(Also, they're claiming "Major optimizations for recording from D3D10 & D3D11 games", so that won't hurt either.)

JRW

Wow I just finished the Fry me to the Moon mission (Ular boys)

That was absolutely awesome and intense.

Burger said:

mmmmmmmm, dinosaurs.

Jurassic Cause confirmed! \0/

or license the old 2000AD series "Flesh" and give that a whirl.

Day one purchase :D

kaskade

I can't get enough of this game. It's so amazing to be able to see some location in the game and say hey I can actually go there. It's cool to actually be able to think outside the box when approaching a situation.

Remy said:
PCGaf: If you're a Fraps registered user, you MUST MUST MUST upgrade to 3.2. Here's why:

The performance hit is minimal, so to be able to go "HOLY SHIT SOMETHING CRAZY JUST HAPPENED" and not actually miss it is such a godsend.

(Also, they're claiming "Major optimizations for recording from D3D10 & D3D11 games", so that won't hurt either.)

Hmm, it may finally be time to purchase FRAPS. I use the standard version enough as it is.

Harteex

I've started to appreciate night time a lot more now, it's so beautiful to see all the lights from the towns and cities. And explosions to light up the environment ;)

The lightning in the game is godlike. The night, the morning, the day and the evening, they all are so spot on. Feels real.

Neuromancer said:
Hey I just started playing last night and I have a question. Do you guys just use the autosave, or do you do 'hard saves' as well, like when you're done for a session?

I always use regular saves. Early in the game it bugged out for me and saved an unusable autosave.
So I rotate 5 saves.

JRW said:
Wow I just finished the Fry me to the Moon mission (Ular boys)

That was absolutely awesome and intense.

Yes I really enjoyed that one aswell :D

New Rico skin:

18750968775594_01x42a.png

Details here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=105279

Someone else has developed a time of day mod as well so you can lock the game to any specific time and change on the fly. :D

They're going to try and get it included with the next release of BOLO patch so you don't have to have multiple trainers running, video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-z2YqdCHs

I think the game looks really pretty at night so I'm looking forward to this, considering how well it runs on the PC as well, its pretty much a no brainer to go with that version if you've got anything from a 8600GT or better.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
DMPrince said:
The limo has some shit ass handling! You don't know how many times i drove off the road and hit a tree. :lol
Probably the worst vehicle in this game.

Brannon

Vic said:
Probably the worst vehicle in this game.

Well they are meant for slow, leisurely drives. But they're also good for broadsiding a group of ten or so soldiers when you handbrake into them...

I'm curious, why is it that this game is so easily modable while other PC games aren't. Did the devs release mod tools for this game? Are they simply not carrying?

Remy said:

wow. I was thinking about buying fraps already, but damn, that kinda seals it.

wait, what kind of performance hit are we talking here? recording video regularly seems to drop it 20 fps right now.

GHG

Gold Member
LovingSteam said:
I'm curious, why is it that this game is so easily modable while other PC games aren't. Did the devs release mod tools for this game? Are they simply not carrying?

No they haven't released the SDK and it remains to be seen whether they will. I think this game has a LOT of mod potential if they release the SDK.

Burger

EdwardTivrusky said:
mmmmmmmm, dinosaurs.

Jurassic Cause confirmed! \0/

Day one purchase :D

Jurassic Cause. Bad Ass. Although you still need cities, settlements, etc. What about time machine goes wrong, flinging you through time, victorian times, far future, jurassic times....

Quantam Cause!

(byline) Causality of Destruction!

Sanic

chubigans said:
This is the first game where I saw an option for DLC in the menus and was all "ahhhhhhhhh yeah." :D

As i'm just a console prole right now, something similar to the BOLO patch would be nice, as countless others have said. Who knows how likely it is, i'm just glad we're getting anything at all.

Here's a preview from the new BOLO patch:

8yyskx.jpg

:D

He's also adding the ability so explosions don't send you flying through the air. Could prove useful.

Linkzg said:
How do you release ropes if you are using multi-ropes in bolo patch?

Don't think you can detach them one at a time but just unchecking multi rope then pressing f should do it. Then you can re-enable it.

LovingSteam said:
This game makes it REALLY easy to mod by allowing you to replace any file in the game (models, settings, etc.) by dropping them, properly packaged, inside the "archives_win32" folder. While this isn't the same as Quake/Half-Life/Unreal letting you write your own code, most games should at least let you do this much.

As for stuff like BoloPatch I guess it's just well-coded enough that it is easy to isolate the memory portions that constrain that stuff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally, it installs...

Since I just sat through a new record for seder length, can anyone appease my laziness by linking me to the best newest bolopatch? Google shows me a zillion versions.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I tried the new Fraps buffering mode. It drops me down to 30fps, which I guess is the cap I set. It also hitches some, but it does work. Damn files are huge, 500MB for ~45secs. I wish I could capture in youtube quality, seems like a waste.

I only have a E8400, so take my observations for the low end. The game is running great at 720P 2xAA, 60fps most of the time with triple buffering. My lowly 4850 is doing fine I guess.

That O / Q thing happened to me as well

I was furious because it kept saying "check if O isn't 0" and then I was reading it might be D. I forgot how many pages I clicked through on the steam support site to finally see "hey jackass, it could be a Q, why didn't you think of that?" Because none of the other letters had the bottoms chopped off!

brain_stew said:
Don't think you can detach them one at a time but just unchecking multi rope then pressing f should do it. Then you can re-enable it.

yeah, that is what I have been doing. I'm hoping that gets patched in too. The bolo patch made this game even better. I wouldn't be surprised if they take some of the ideas and turn it into DLC :lol

DeadGzuz said:
I tried the new Fraps buffering mode. It drops me down to 30fps, which I guess is the cap I set. It also hitches some, but it does work. Damn files are huge, 500MB for ~45secs. I wish I could capture in youtube quality, seems like a waste.

I only have a E8400, so take my observations for the low end. The game is running great at 720P 2xAA, 60fps most of the time with triple buffering. My lowly 4850 is doing fine I guess.

set it to half-size if you want. It records at half your resolution.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Linkzg said:
set it to half-size if you want. It records at half your resolution.

Ya, that's what I have it at guess it's only 640x360.

So the Bolo patch requires a keyboard? Bummer, I just want to use my pad.

Top Bottom