• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

justified-boom.gif

The reaction (or lack thereof) is golden.

scabro

fantastic episode

and i belive in the scene where raylan was talking to tim they sort of alluded to Harlan having the best land suitable for growing weed in kentucky didn't they? that markham had done his homework.

i love how when markham is midsentence they'll play some eerie as fuck note that makes him even more goddamn menacing

Stainless

Wiz part cracked me up. Watched that bit like 3 times.

Sam Elliot without a mustache is weird.

I hope they don't have Ava hook back up with Raylan. It really just seems like they're trying to make you feel sorry for her or root for her and forget all the evil shit she did.

One of my favorite shows, sorta hate that it's coming to an end.

Finally got to watch this week's episode - another great one. Loved the cameos and felt like Elliott kicked the menace up another notch. Bummed that the show is ending but love that it's going out on top.

Been behind on episodes, but finally caught up. This week's was the best of the season thus far. I loved all the back and forth between the characters. The safecracker's death scared the hell out of me, but man that was an awesome scene. Did he forget to leave his own phone in the car? I wasn't entirely sure what happened there. Boyd and Wynn's reactions were perfect.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Been behind on episodes, but finally caught up. This week's was the best of the season thus far. I loved all the back and forth between the characters. The safecracker's death scared the hell out of me, but man that was an awesome scene. Did he forget to leave his own phone in the car? I wasn't entirely sure what happened there. Boyd and Wynn's reactions were perfect.

That's exactly what happened. He forgot to turn his own phone off.

I'm kinda disappointed they felt the need to bring in a villain this season. I figured it would just be Raylan vs Boyd but that just seems to be a side story at this point. They've shared the screen too few times in my opinion. Hopefully they leave a few episodes after this villain arc ends to dedicate to the rivalry.

Linius

Just saw the pilot of Deadwood on Netflix. Olyphant's character is so much like Raylan, but 200 years ago. Yeah, I'm gonna love this.

Linius

Yeah Shelby was already drinking at the bar. Also saw Lundy/Solverson Sr. as some badass outlaw. Usually when I pick up some older series I see a ton of actors from other shows I've seen these days. I'm not sure if that's a bad sign :p

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Shelby was already drinking at the bar. Also saw Lundy/Solverson Sr. as some badass outlaw. Usually when I pick up some older series I see a ton of actors from other shows I've seen these days. I'm not sure if that's a bad sign :p

I do the same, but Solverson/Lundy was always Wild Bill to me, and Shelby is always Ellsworth.

You recognise Dillahunt yet?

Linius

I do the same, but Solverson/Lundy was always Wild Bill to me, and Shelby is always Ellsworth.

You recognise Dillahunt yet?

Can't say I have. But I haven't seen Dillahunt in much anyways. This is the first time he really pops out for me (in Justified). I've looked up his other stuff and there are some films I've seen with him but I can't remember him.

Audioboxer

justified-boom.gif

The reaction (or lack thereof) is golden.

I laughed out loud at that scene, amazing.

Sad Justified is coming to an end. Never a bad episode with these characters.

What else does Justified-GAF watch and recommend? I've seen the likes of The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos and other big hits. Anything new on the go or still in production? I've been meaning to start Sons of Anarchy.

I should say I've started Deadwood as well, halfway through season 1.

Linius

If you haven't seen The Americans you should totally get on board with that. It's third season is currently running, also on FX.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There's nothing quite like Justified out there, which sucks.

Rectify is a tremendous show(also filled with Deadwood alum, and created by the guy who plays the preacher), but the tone of the show is a lot different.

Mad Men comes the closest in dialogue.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
That Jake Busey explosion... I don't know, I think I've seen more or less the same scene somewhere else recently, so it didn't have much of an impact on me. But now it's going to nag at me why that was so familiar.

And the Dewey thing was lame. I guess they were trying to remind us dullards that Boyd is a bad man and we should be against him?

That Jake Busey explosion... I don't know, I think I've seen more or less the same scene somewhere else recently, so it didn't have much of an impact on me. But now it's going to nag at me why that was so familiar.

And the Dewey thing was lame. I guess they were trying to remind us dullards that Boyd is a bad man and we should be against him?

How was the Dewey thing lame? It fits perfectly with Boyd's character he killed a guy in the first episode because he suspected him of being a rat.

Boyd already knew the marshals were following Dewey and then him telling Boyd he needed to talk about Mexico from last season was the final nail in the coffin.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
It was more the whole "Well, they gotta let Dewey out of prison... AGAIN!" thing. If the execution was supposed to be an "oh shit" moment, it really didn't work for me at all.

It was more the whole "Well, they gotta let Dewey out of prison... AGAIN!" thing. If the execution was supposed to be an "oh shit" moment, it really didn't work for me at all.

Oh yeah I actually forgot about that. Yeah that was kind of odd especially since Dewey confessed to killing Messer (sp?) I'm pretty certain.

mm04

I was like WTF just happened when Jake Busey exploded. It actually reminded me of when
Curtis from The Shield gets blown up
on Sons Of Anarchy.

kirblar

Boyd blew a guy up last season. Hence the non-reaction from them, as its actually deja vu for them.

I was like WTF just happened when Jake Busey exploded. It actually reminded me of when
Curtis from The Shield gets blown up
on Sons Of Anarchy.

Ummm I think you're spoiler tagging the wrong way here. The Shield spoilers above.

On topic, never knew that guy was a Busey!

Top Bottom