• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I think Tim's a little disappointed

Edit: "Bump it! Took that shit like a man."

Niraj

Not a bad episode, kind of a setup one. I think they've really been utilizing old characters well. Didn't really feel like a "hey, it's Constable Bob" or "hey, remember Limehouse?" situation. I think their appearances were reasonably organic in feel. It was cool to see Errol again too, really thought he was dead. Plus we got some Tim and Rachel, and some Wynn Duffy, so that's always a good time. I'm curious to see how Lapidus factors in to the next few episodes. Markham's people clearly aren't ones to be trifled with, so hopefully we get to see them against Boyd or Raylan sometime soon to see how they'd deal with that. Choo Choo remains a highlight.

-Sepinwall's review

-Onion A.V. Club's review

Edit: Missed this one last week.

-EW: 'Justified' postmortem: Joelle Carter on working with Mary Steenburgen and Ava's crumbling exit plan

Not a bad episode, kind of a setup one. I think they've really been utilizing old characters well. Didn't really feel like a "hey, it's Constable Bob" or "hey, remember Limehouse?" situation. I think their appearances were reasonably organic in feel. It was cool to see Errol again too, really thought he was dead. Plus we got some Tim and Rachel, and some Wynn Duffy, so that's always a good time. I'm curious to see how Lapidus factors in to the next few episodes. Markham's people clearly aren't ones to be trifled with, so hopefully we get to see them against Boyd or Raylan sometime soon to see how they'd deal with that. Choo Choo remains a highlight.

-Sepinwall's review

-Onion A.V. Club's review

Edit: Missed this one last week.

-EW: 'Justified' postmortem: Joelle Carter on working with Mary Steenburgen and Ava's crumbling exit plan

Yeah I agree that this episode was more focused on setting up future storylines. Still some interesting developments with the reintroduction of Limehouse (now with compromising information on Ava), the apparent rekindling of Ava and Raylin's relationship, Katherine/Duffy growing suspicions of Ava, and Markham showing that he has little patience for people interfering with his plans. Also Duffy/Mikey, Choo-Choo, and Constable Bob had some pretty funny scenes.

The preview for next week looks pretty exciting too.

btw, who is Lapidus? I can't seem to recall that character.

Niraj

Yeah I agree that this episode was more focused on setting up future storylines. Still some interesting developments with the reintroduction of Limehouse (now with compromising information on Ava), the apparent rekindling of Ava and Raylin's relationship, Katherine/Duffy growing suspicions of Ava, and Markham showing that he has little patience for people interfering with his plans. Also Duffy/Mikey, Choo-Choo, and Constable Bob had some pretty funny scenes.

The preview for next week looks pretty exciting too.

btw, who is Lapidus? I can't seem to recall that character.

My bad, I just associate him with that character so it's hard not to call him that lol. Jeff Fahey played a character named Frank Lapidus on Lost (Ava's uncle, here).

These were both good reads.

Just started the episode... Is it me or did they finally drop the Limehouse "goofy toothies?" Either that or his snaggle was a lot more subdued. Bout time someone talked sense into Mykelti Williamson.

Just started the episode... Is it me or did they finally drop the Limehouse "goofy toothies?" Either that or his snaggle was a lot more subdued. Bout time someone talked sense into Mykelti Williamson.

Multiple seasons later and it's a different mouthpiece for sure.

Henchmen haven't been able to get the upperhand on the Marshal's this season. Choo Choo (lol) and Wynn's guy both got noticed quite easily. Good plan of thinking on the fly when the housecall opportunity was lost by having a spotter outside.

"Aplexed"

My bad, I just associate him with that character so it's hard not to call him that lol. Jeff Fahey played a character named Frank Lapidus on Lost (Ava's uncle, here).

Ohh Lost. That's one of the few very popular shows that I never got around to watch. Every once in a while I'm tempted to watch it on Netflix but I get discouraged when I see how many episodes I have to get through :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ohh Lost. That's one of the few very popular shows that I never got around to watch. Every once in a while I'm tempted to watch it on Netflix but I get discouraged when I see how many episodes I have to get through :p

There were only 3 seasons, so there really aren't that many episodes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good episode.

lol @ Raylan finally realizing that Ava > Winona. Better late than never. (I always had a feeling he knew deep down though and that's what was really preventing him from heading to Florida)

Not a bad episode, kind of a setup one. I think they've really been utilizing old characters well. Didn't really feel like a "hey, it's Constable Bob" or "hey, remember Limehouse?" situation. I think their appearances were reasonably organic in feel.

I agree. It makes total sense that Ava would turn to Limehouse in her hour of need given their extensive history and Bob really was Raylan's only option given Tim and Rachel's mission in Lexington (which was amazing, btw). They were both very well implemented.

9vb8h3N.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Great to see Limehouse and Bob make appearances again. The writers have done a good job of bringing back all the fan favorites without making it seem too shoehorned in.

They're making up for Ava's shitty prison arc with this season. Even though what she did was reckless, I totally get it. She feels like she is either going to get killed by Boyd or end up back in jail.

Raylan getting involved with a dangerous woman is no shocker. I half expected Boyd to walk in when they kissed and then Radioactive starts playing.

Definitely a setup episode, but one that I really enjoyed.

I'm a big fan of setup episodes where lots of pieces are moving into place and Justified always does them well, so I really enjoyed that episode.

Cattle prods, tasers, Limehouse, Constable Bob, methane explosions, "Aplex", "Amtraked", and all sorts of other good stuff in there.

IronRinn

You know, last night my girlfriend voiced her annoyance with Ava, particularly in that she's looking to Raylan as her protector and I couldn't quite see where she was coming from. Thinking on it this morning though, I wonder if that kiss will be one more thing the writers shut down for Ava, one more exit strategy she's denied before she embraces Markham's advice to her in the third episode and takes control of her exit herself.

Niraj

-Uproxx: The Best Moments And Most Repeatable Lines From This Week’s Aplexing ‘Justified’ Gifs of last night's episode.

just-tazer.gif

It has its shortcomings, but just try to keep an open mind if you watch it. Lots of great moments and characters. I don't know if there will ever be anything quite like the week to week frenzy that that show had.

There were only 3 seasons, so there really aren't that many episodes.

lol

She loves the frying pan scene too. She'd love Ratsky then :p

I like how he didn't even wait to finish before leaving the room.

lol I know

just-man.gif

My thoughts on the Raylan kissing Ava thing is this, he knows she's scared, he knows that she believes the good guys don't care about her as a human and he knows he's the only one who can make her believe that someone on the side of the law actually gives a shit about her as more than a tool, and that's the only way to keep her from running again. I don't really think he's back into her, I think he just knows he has to give her that illusion so that she feels like she has an ally who actually gives a shit about if she lives or dies.

One other thing I thought was important was how Raylan tells Ava that Boyd is so blind to her that he wouldn't question her loyalty etc. Obviously there was that sequence at the start with them in the car "I thought you wanted to go!" "I thought you wanted to stay", but I can easily see Boyd distrusting or bumping off all of his help and not realizing Ava is the one betraying him until its too late, and how that would be the one thing that would destroy him emotionally/push him over the edge.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I did have to think, the Marshals just walked out the hotel door like two minutes after Duffy did without even scanning the area. There was a pretty strong possibility of them blowing the entire thing if Duffy hung around or had someone continue watching the guard.

Klocker

I did have to think, the Marshals just walked out the hotel door like two minutes after Duffy did without even scanning the area. There was a pretty strong possibility of them blowing the entire thing if Duffy hung around or had someone continue watching the guard.

Yea I've noticed almost every show on tv has you suspend belief that people can hear you two seconds after they leave a room while you discuss loudly, how you just scammed them. :).

Let
alone leaving moments after they do

Top Bottom