• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

A couple of items from the production blog:

- Episode 6 “Alive Day”
“It’s always been important to us to write bad guys who aren’t just evil– to give them understandable motivations and make them complicated and interesting people,” says Ben Cavell, co-writer of “Alive Day.” In this episode, we get a glimpse into the motivations of Markham’s ex-military muscle when Choo-Choo refuses to kill the prostitute Caprice, a witness to his murder of Calhoun Schreier. Although he’s reluctant to betray his brother-in-arms, Walker eventually agrees to kill Choo-Choo to preserve Markham’s larger mission. “In Elmore Leonard’s work, bad guys betraying bad guys is very commonplace,” Cavell adds. “We wanted to make this feel different from the usual betrayal– it’s not just a criminal code that these guys are breaking, they’re violating a military code of honor.”
Includes an excerpt from last week's script.

- Interview with Staff Writer Jennifer Kennedy

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

rHpMAt6.gif

New episode tonight:
The Hunt

A visit from his baby daughter threatens to pull Raylan away from the hunt for a dangerous fugitive; Boyd takes Ava on a hunting trip that she may never come back from.

Niraj

RatskyWatsky's favorite!

About to be 10 minutes late into the show.

lol this is fucked.

Sorry. Don't want to be ranting. Enjoy the show

All good man, can definitely understand the frustration.

Back on!

I missed the introduction.

The marshals were preparing to hunt down Walker. Raylan said he had to go. Then it cut to Walker asking Markham and Sea Bass for an extraction and he gave a location other than where he was (probably to serve as a distraction so he could actually get out). Markham put a bunch of money on the table saying he needed Sea Bass' loyalty, and that he should lay low for a few because Calhoun's girl could ID him. Then Boyd said he wanted to take Ava to his dad's place out in Bulletville. Then it cut to Raylan meeting up with Winona and their kid.

Ekdrm2d1

wow! Close one

Edit:
The marshals were preparing to hunt down Walker. Raylan said he had to go. Then it cut to Walker asking Markham and Sea Bass for an extraction and he gave a location other than where he was (probably to serve as a distraction so he could actually get out). Markham put a bunch of money on the table saying he needed Sea Bass' loyalty, and that he should lay low for a few because Calhoun's girl could ID him. Then Boyd said he wanted to take Ava to his dad's place out in Bulletville. Then it cut to Raylan meeting up with Winona and their kid.

Thanks!

Niraj

Man he's going to wreck her mind.

Off topic, I didn't realize Louie was coming so soon :D

styl3s

Got a delay.

F'ing Comcast
If you ever have trouble watching it on the TV you can stream FX live with your xfinity account. That's how i watch it and (AMC streams as well) Walking Dead/Saul live week-week. You might be able to stream directly through the FX app or xfinity app on a set top box i don't know.

I really didn't know which way they were going with the Ava-Boyd scene, and I'm not sure where that's going to end up. Good episode. Walker's insane.

- YahooTV: 'Justified' Postmortem: Graham Yost on Winona's Return, Ava's Camping Trip
The scene where Winona is holding the screaming baby, and they’re having the conversation about Raylan not saying what kind of custody he wants — that baby was really screaming.

That baby was really screaming. I forget if it was two sets of triplets, or three sets of twins — there were a lot of babies. We had more babies than they did in American Sniper, and it paid off for us. I don’t know if you heard the story about American Sniper, but the baby fell ill on a particular day, and they had to use a doll. We used a lot of babies, and they were fantastic. Crying, smiling, everything.
In their final confrontation, Ava finally told Boyd the truth about why she had to rat. He said he understood, then handed her the gun and told her to shoot him if she’d slept with Raylan. In the end, we saw that the gun had been empty and Boyd reloaded it. So we still don’t know what Boyd is thinking. That was the goal?

That’s the whole point. We think he’s done this big, heartbroken, kind of romantic, kind of heroic gesture of saying, “You kill me,” and then you find out that the gun was empty, and then he loads it back up with bullets. So Ava’s danger continues. This is not something that Boyd has just accepted and we’ll move on. We don’t know what Ava is thinking: We don’t know how much she is just saying to stay alive, and how much she really feels toward Boyd. I think the key to Ava, and one of the keys to Joelle [Carter]’s great performance this season, is that Ava herself doesn’t know.

Joelle would ask some questions, but she knows Ava better than anyone at this point, so it’s up to her. We’d give her a little clarity. That big scene was a lot of work with Taylor, and Walton [Goggins], and her, and John Dahl. The way it was first scripted, the scene broke in the middle after she says she’s a snitch, and we went away on that break and then came back. Taylor said, “Can we just look at that scene if it didn’t break?” For one thing, FX has never liked us breaking in the middle of a scene. That’s part of their mandate. So we were able to keep it as one big scene. I think it played better that way.

I like how Ava confesses to snitching and Boyd's first reaction is to ask if she slept with Raylan again.

A lot going on in this episode with the two main men and their primary ladies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like how Ava confesses to snitching and Boyd's first reaction is to ask if she slept with Raylan again.

A lot going on in this episode with the two main men and their primary ladies.

Yeah, I was like "That is your big question for her?!" Seemed like he would have been more upset about that. Poor Ava, she is just about in the shittiest position at the moment.

I like that Raylan is giving his family another shot. And it sounds like he doesn't have to move down to Florida now.

Top Bottom