• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Dennis

Banned
They made Boyd a lot colder and murderous this final season so this is how I know he won't make it.

Ava I am not sure, probably Boyd kills her prompting Raylan to kill him.

Raylan probably makes it.

Boon dies by Loretta's hand, maybe Tim gets Markham.

Wynn Duffy escapes with the money into the sunset ensuring it isn't a complete victory for the good guys.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Might as well update the death list before the last episode. Only thing that I changed from the old previous seasons was removing Errol from season 3. Going off of Justified Wiki so may be off here and there:

Season 1:
Ep1: Tommy Bucks, Jared Hale, Bowman
Ep2: Dupree
Ep3: Curtis Mims, Travis Travers
Ep4: Frank, Joe, Coyote, Roland Pike
Ep5: None
Ep6: Owen Carnes
Ep7: Mr. Duke
Ep8: None
Ep9: Billy Mac and Arnett's bodyguard
Ep10: Gil
Ep11: Mickey, Puller
Ep12: None
Ep13: 6 members of Boyd's flock, Heckle, Jeckle, Hestler Jones, Rufus, Bo Crowder, two unnamed associates of Bo's, Ernesto

S1 total: 31

Season 2:
Ep1: Walt McCready
Ep2: Van, Jess Timmons
Ep3: Bobby Lawton, Cutter, Elrod Platt
Ep4: Flex
Ep5: Kyle, Marcus, Pruitt
Ep6: None
Ep7: None
Ep8: None
Ep9: Coover
Ep10: two guys Gary sent
Ep11: Baz, Logan, Aunt Helen
Ep12: None
Ep13: 5 of Dickie's men, Doyle, Mags

S2 total: 23

Season 3:
Ep1: Delmar Coates, Eddie, Emmitt Arnett, Yvette
Ep2: Bill Nichols, Guero Moncada, Adan
Ep3: JT, Wally Becket, Glen Fogle
Ep4: Edward Fowler, Junior, Combs, Devil
Ep5: Ash Murphy, Lance, Layla
Ep6: Rip Bell, Trixie, Doc Stern, Brady Hughes, Gus
Ep7: None (!)
Ep8: Gary
Ep9: Krystal, two people at the bank, J.J. Corliss, Lemuel Becket, Tanner Dodd, Elroy
Ep10: None
Ep11: Parker, Longbaugh
Ep12: Tom Bergen
Ep13: Surprisingly none

S3 total: 33

Season 4:
Ep1: Hiram Pugh, Sam Porter
Ep2: Danny
Ep3: Alex Barnes, Billy
Ep4: None
Ep5: Agent Barkley
Ep6: None
Ep7: Mitch, Sharon Edmunds, Jody
Ep8: Arlo, Deke, Frank Browning, Dave, Mark, Sam Keener, Tonin hitman
Ep9: None
Ep10: None
Ep11: Yolo, Mort
Ep12: Colt
Ep13: Lex, Cobb, Dominic, Nicky Augustine

S4 total: 23

Season 5:
E1: Chandler, Ross, Donny, Simon Lee, Sammy, Doug, Chainsaw guy, Dilly, Elvis Machado
E2: Marcus
E3: None
E4: Wade Messer
E5: Lee Paxton, Al Sura, Nick Mooney, Elias Marcos, Jean Baptiste
E6: None
E7: Larry Salmeron, three of Hot Rod's henchmen, Johnny
E8: None
E9: Ali, Hot Rod, Elmont Swain
E10: Danny Crowe, Judith
E11: Picker
E12: Penny
E13: Jimmy, Manuel, Alberto, Manolo, Daryl

S5 total: 33

Season 6:
E1: Dewey Crowe :'(
E2: None
E3: None
E4: Betty Hutchins, John-O Hutchins, Lewis Mago
E5: Calhoun Schrier
E6: random Markham henchman 1 and 2, The Pig, Choo-Choo
E7: Dorr, Abraham (the EMTs)
E8: Ty Walker
E9: Seabass
E10: Lilian (Loretta's grandaunt)
E11: Carl, Katherine Hale, Mikey, Grubes (had been dead awhile, up to you if that counts)
E12: Hagan, Derek, Zachariah Randolph

So 21 so far for this season, which is pretty close to the other even numbered seasons. Any guesses on who will die in episode 13? Gotta figure at least Boon, Markham, Boyd?

Nice work, Niraj.

- Matt Zoller Seitz on last night's episode
One highlight was the long scene of Raylan and Boyd stalking each other through blue-moonlit woods while trading taunts, including Raylan’s claim that he knew Boyd was Boyd and not some Boy Scout because his teeth glow in the dark.

“It’s only getting colder, so what say the next time the moon peeks out from behind those clouds, we show it down?” Boyd yells. “Now you’re talking,” Raylan replies. Later, Boyd hilariously turns into Raylan’s therapist. “Why do you want to kill me so bad, Raylan? You don’t even know why. ‘Boyd Crowder must die!’ That’s just a lie you tell yourself wanting to win.” “You are the world-conquering emperor of lies, the biggest reserved for yourself,” Raylan replies. Psychiatric help, five bullets.

Even better is the scene in the truck between Boyd and his erstwhile driver, who at first kisses Boyd’s ass by likening him to Billy the Kid, then compares him to the plague and dares him to look him in the eye when he pulls the trigger. Boyd’s monologue here is a classic bit of antihero self-justification, and it gives Walton Goggins a chance to show off his magnificent swagger, which will be dearly missed eight days hence. “I don’t give a shit about the ballad of Boyd Crowder,” he says. “I’ll be dead and gone, that song gets sung.”

The man asks Boyd if a particular name means anything to him; Boyd’s reply is a geyser of nihilistic contempt. “Let me guess,” he says. “I killed him. My men killed him. My dope killed him. My daddy killed him. Next thing that comes out of your mouth is, ‘How do you sleep at night, Boyd Crowder?’ Well, do you know how? 'Cause I know who I am. Do you? You’re a slave. Disenfranchised. You don’t even know it. You drive your shitty truck to your shitty house, living out your shitty life. You think you’re better than me 'cause you play by the rules? Whose rules? My life is my own.”

“You ain’t even heard a word I said,” the man says.

“I don’t give a shit about what you said. I’m an outlaw,” Boyd says, and pulls the trigger.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Preview discussion:
Seems like Raylan will finish this on the right side of the law thanks to Boyd shooting Bob. He had his badge back on in the road showdown with Boone.

WOW. Amazing episode. "I'm an outlaw" line from Boyd is perfect.
That next episode preview OH MY GOOOOOOOD.
I hope Boyd doesn't die. I know he most certainly will.
I hope we will hear "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" in the final scene.
In my mind final scene might play out this way:
Raylan vs Boyd. Final showdown. Guns down. They are talking, "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" plays in the backround. Then we hear words "You'll never leave Harlan alive" in the song and then silence. Raylan and Boyd pull their guns. Black screen and we hear gunshots. Credits roll as song continues playing.

styl3s

4 things i want from the finale which i know won't happen

1. Boon/Raylan. Boon draw *click*, Raylan guts shots him but not before Boon can get another shot off right in his shoulder (going for a headshot)
2. Raylan/Boyd. Boyd draws and Raylan is slow to the draw due to the shoulder shot causing Boyd to get a round off in Raylan (chest, gut whatever) and someone else gets the kill on Boyd
3. We don't see Raylan till everything wraps and it's him in a hospital with his wife and he's talking about how he has to retire doesn't matter how they wrap it there.

Now, after everything wraps and you think its over and it cuts to black you see text come up on the screen that says like 9 months later

You see Raylan in a bar throwing back whiskey and you hear a familiar voice ask Raylan what's on his mind and the camera stays on Raylan the whole time as he cuts a great epilogue that ends with a note on Boyd and how he wasn't the one who got to finish it and as the camera cuts to that familiar voice the only thing he says is "cocksucker"
ian-mcshane-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Heh, yeah, last season wasn't great, and this one is worse. But I wouldn't call it crap. At least it's ending before it pulls a Dexter.

I'm kind of curious why/how you feel that way. This season, to me at least, is infinitely better than last season.

jett

D-Member
I'm kind of curious why/how you feel that way. This season, to me at least, is infinitely better than last season.

I don't know really, I think I was more entertained by S5, this one feels a bit of a chore sometimes, I don't really feel all that enthused with each episode. Oh well, it's ending next week.

Gaz_RB

Theory about Duffy/Eva

Eva was talking to Duffy on the phone, and they were going to try to work together to get out of dodge. That's why he needed the truck ASAP, and why he needed the map.
]

But now that's all ruined by those annoying corrupt cops!

BBboy20

Boyd gonna blow up next episode. Bank on it
"FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

Listed at 1hr
Lame.

Did nobody not get Forest Gump vibes out of that scene?

That scene i nthe woods with Raylan and Boyd

Hot damn I just love the dialog in this damn show....

Im really gonna miss this when its over. I hope they aren't dont making kick ass TV
It really does have the best lines on TV.

Even the greatest shows have their ebbs and flows. Justified never actually got bad. Just watched the preview of the next episode and it looks like it's going out with a bang. I'm going to miss this show when it's gone.

MisterR

Heh, yeah, last season wasn't great, and this one is worse. But I wouldn't call it crap. At least it's ending before it pulls a Dexter.

This season has been fantastic. I don't know how you can be a fan of Justified and not like this season.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
"Your teeth glow in the dark."

Just about died

That was incredible. That and "I've been to Mordor".

This season's writing is about the strongest in the show's history.

Did nobody not get Forest Gump vibes out of that scene?
There's no way that wasn't intentional.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Duffy manages to be the only one who weasels out of Harlan alive. Watch it. Just watch it.

jelly

That night time scene between them, amazing. Great episode all round. Not sure how they'll fit everything in the end. Makes me want another season.

IronRinn

I binge-watched 5, so I may not have the same impression of it if I had watched it week to week. It's maybe the worst season, but it's still pretty good. This season has been pretty flawless.

The first half of season one is still so weird, in the grand scheme of the show. When I recommend the show to people I always have to explain how it's going to seem like a CBS cop show for old people for the first six episodes or so, but it will get better.

Top Bottom