• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

RangersFan

Lepidus you dumbass, you should have just blown up instead of tipping your hat at your plan.

Also Duffy, lol with the woman's tennis.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

From Sepinwall's:

A few of you suggested that the strength of last week's episode was inversely proportional to Ava's screen time in it. I wouldn't go quite that far, but as I watched "Collateral" and thought about what I was interested in seeing in the finale, I realized that Ava's fate was pretty far down on the list. I care on the level of her importance (for different reasons) to both Raylan and Boyd, but I don't know that she has ever been as compelling as the show wants her to be in this fulcrum position for the whole plot. This final season has been a blast, but very little of what's been so entertaining about it has had to do with Ava.

Shots fired :p

-EW: Justified postmortem: Sam Elliott on the death of Katherine Hale and Markham's final stand

Lepidus you dumbass, you should have just blown up instead of tipping your hat at your plan.

It's exactly what I thought right after he hit the trigger. Like "Why'd you even say anything, asshole? Monologuing motherfucker."

Maybe Chris Provenzano can pull a Peter Gould and spin off a Loretta-centered show about slanging weed in Harlan County in a couple years.

I thought it was funny, Markham getting a dig in on Loretta about her poor choice in expenditure when he's gotten more done in that town with one Boon than he did with the entirety of the Dillahunt Crew. What'd he ever spend money on that pack of ex-military for when all he needed was the hot kid in the stupid hat?

Listed at 1hr

Awww oh well. That means that there is actually about 45 mins of Justified left if you take out the commercials :(
Still I trust that Yost and co. will give us a satisfying conclusion

Wow harsh lol. I like Ava though and I think they did a good job with her story this season. It's hard not to feel bad for her after being pulled in so many different directions by Raylan and Boyd.

How the hell is this gonna wrap up? SHIT has got to happen to move everyone back into the same general vincinity.

I can't believe we have less than a week with this show. :(((((

Edit:

The teeth glowing line is legendary for Justified.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm surprised they're keeping all of the plotlines in play at this late hour. The finale is going to be jam packed, that's for sure. I sure hope they can nail their landing.

There were some great scenes this week but I must say that my enjoyment level drops considerably whenever Patton Oswalt is on screen. Out of all the actors to ever grace Justified, he's by far the most miscast. He just doesn't fit in this world at all. I also hate how he always plays the exact same character in everything - his pop culture obsessed nerd schtick has grown tiresome.

From Sepinwall's:

Shots fired :p

Sepinwall strikes again!

Who did Eli Thompson ask if Boyd knew? I feel there has to be some significance to him saying that and then telling him he hasn't heard anything he's said. I didn't catch the name. Maybe it was just a historical figure.

Linius

Well that was a great episode. A little taste of what a Boyd vs. Raylan showdown is gonna be like. Boyd narrowly escaping his doom once again. Bob showing up for a word of goodbye. I assume he recovers well and live happily ever after. Oh and the moment I saw that police car rolling up on Ava I suspected it to be those dirty cops on Avery's payroll. It just had to be this way. Now everyone is still in play. And dear God, I hope Boon's face gets blown off by Raylan's gun next week.

Oh and was a bit weird to see Whigham turn up just to get his head blown off in his maybe 10 minutes of screen time :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Leonard Chang, one of the writers, came up with this idea from Aristotle — I believe it was in Poetics — which is a scene of anagnorisis. It’s also something that Shakespeare used in the tragedies where the hero, the villain, whoever — usually the tragic hero — has a moment of clarity, of realization of who they are and what’s going on and what their flaw is. The scene is kind of that. It kind of morphed a little bit away from it, but in our short form in the room, we always called it the anagnorisis scene. We really wanted to go to the heart of Raylan’s drive to kill Boyd, and Boyd pushing his buttons on that.
Well shit. lol

Audioboxer

Wahhhhh. Why couldn't this have been 7 seasons like other FX dramas :(

I've just started season 7 of Sons of Anarchy as well. Going to be so sad when both these shows end for me. I'll finish SoA before next weeks Justified finale then I'll cry like a baby they're both gone.

The teeth glow in the dark line was a masterpiece. Love it when Boyds hair gets a laugh. Teeth as well now.

Skyzard

Banned
Great stuff, can't wait for next week.

Let the man talk, damn, Boyd!

How'd he twist the door knob from that distance anyway :p

Greg

something about that episode felt off to me

a lot happened, but none of it felt properly set up... came off as rushed

I think I'm just sad it's ending

Skyzard

Banned
Definitely felt much faster paced than usual but I liked it anyway.

Guessing his foot? Or holding onto an object of sorts.

Yeah the foot may work... Maybe he twisted it from the other side (not in front of the door) and then jumped to the other side...

Also after the Raylan and Boyd exchange they seemed really damn close, not sure if I lost track of them but when he went back for Bob I thought Boyd was going to shoot.

Wreav

Banned
Poor, poor penultimate episode for me. The pacing in the beginning was solid, with some building tension, and then it all just fizzled out. Vasquez's character is so far out in left field this season that I just can't take him seriously.

The whole deal with Zachariah showing his hand and ruining his surprise was dumb, but worse than that, Boyd was still standing about 5-6 feet away from him, and the explosion was shown to be about 15 feet wide...yet Boyd escapes with some mild breathlessness.

The whole ending sequence was weak as well and killed off any remaining tension for me. Very strange episode in what's been a pretty good season so far.

Audioboxer

Poor, poor penultimate episode for me. The pacing in the beginning was solid, with some building tension, and then it all just fizzled out. Vasquez's character is so far out in left field this season that I just can't take him seriously.

The whole deal with Zachariah showing his hand and ruining his surprise was dumb, but worse than that, Boyd was still standing about 5-6 feet away from him, and the explosion was shown to be about 15 feet wide...yet Boyd escapes with some mild breathlessness.

The whole ending sequence was weak as well and killed off any remaining tension for me. Very strange episode in what's been a pretty good season so far.

It does feel like they're cramming a little to tie up this season. I do feel the show could have spilled over into a 7th, or even just an extended season 6. Surprised at the 1 hour finale runtime.

Linius

Too bad they couldn't just get an extended season indeed.

But for me everything is still okay up till now. That Zachariah showed the bomb before detonating it was kind of dumb, typical movie trope. On the other hand, Boyd wasn't going to die on his hands anyways. And now they gave that character at least a cool goodbye. Even though it was a bit of sloppy writing.

Wreav

Banned
Yeah, a 2 hour finale would be perfect at this point. Spend the first hour getting everyone together, then give us a balls to the walls hour long confrontation.

- GIFs and quotes from Warming Glow

Bq22MF1.gif

nOZO3vr.gif

They're already planning the Wynn Duffy spinoff:

teschNk.gif

W3s7ID6.jpg

I honestly thought Wynn was done until he mentioned the duffle bags.

And him paying for the dog grooming van with Katherine Hale's tennis bracelet was a nice touch.

The woman that played Wynn's fixer/provider turns up in everything. I couldn't place her last night, but she's also Peggy's sister on Mad Men.

That scene i nthe woods with Raylan and Boyd

Hot damn I just love the dialog in this damn show....

Im really gonna miss this when its over. I hope they aren't dont making kick ass TV

phaze

Yeah, I claim no knowledge of explosive materials but Boyd escaping unscathed from that explosion seems like all kinds of bullshit.

Tim's lines still rule.

But yeah, a lot of plot lines to tie up in that last hour.

They're already planning the Wynn Duffy spinoff:

teschNk.gif

W3s7ID6.jpg

This was EXACTLY the mental image that sprang to mind when he said Dog Grooming van. I couldn't help it.

Also, I'm still worried for Wynn. A lot worried for Wynn, actually. "Lemme get a topographical map of Harlan County."

FUCK THE MAP. JUST LEAVE. GET OUT OF HARLAN ALIVE, WYNN.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I would agree with some others, this end is feeling rather rushed. There is so much going on, it's pretty crazy.

This was EXACTLY the mental image that sprang to mind when he said Dog Grooming van. I couldn't help it.

Also, I'm still worried for Wynn. A lot worried for Wynn, actually. "Lemme get a topographical map of Harlan County."

FUCK THE MAP. JUST LEAVE. GET OUT OF HARLAN ALIVE, WYNN.

I know!

Wynn duffy needs to LIVE and get his own damn show!

Like, would Yost, Leonard & Provenzano actually let Wynn get out of there with a portion of Markham's cash? There's no way they let him get away with poking his finely-tanned ass back into the fire without getting burnt one last time, right?

Top Bottom