• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Madao

so, i finally got around and watched the K-on movie after my weekly naruto/one piece/etc. eps.
it was as i expected. funny moments, cute moments and everything that make the series what it is.
now i want to rewatch everything (it's been almost a year since i saw it the first time).

Well, i'm sure you can learn drums at least, so it's not too bad! You could "almost" be Ritsu!
There's the potential I guess.
so, i finally got around and watched the K-on movie after my weekly naruto/one piece/etc. eps.
it was as i expected. funny moments, cute moments and everything that make the series what it is.
now i want to rewatch everything (it's been almost a year since i saw it the first time).

Yeah, the movie is just like a big long episode, and I love it for that.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm in the same boat, though I just finished the series and movie a couple of weeks ago. Might rewatch during my breaks between classes throughout the upcoming semester.

eFDOe.gif

I haven't really started reading into the manga yet since I've been going through Azumanga first, but just taking a quick look I can tell Kakifly is an ass man.

Dny4V.png

And thighs, but those tend to go together.
But yeah, there's no doubt what the manga's target audience is compared to how the anime is.

It's interesting that the director and a large number of staff who worked on KyoAni were female. The anime version of K-ON is pure enough to air on The Disney Channel Japan!

It's interesting that the director and a large number of staff who worked on KyoAni were female. The anime version of K-ON is pure enough to air on The Disney Channel Japan!

I read somewhere that there were slightly edited for the Disney Channel, but I can't find my source to back that up. But it's not like there's much in the anime that wouldn't be suitable for a younger female audience.

I read somewhere that there were slightly edited for the Disney Channel, but I can't find my source to back that up. But it's not like there's much in the anime that wouldn't be suitable for a younger female audience.

If there's anything more I hate about airing anime in the US, it's the censoring.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Dny4V.png

And thighs, but those tend to go together.
But yeah, there's no doubt what the manga's target audience is compared to how the anime is.

Dat ass.

The anime is pretty light. No fan service with panty shots everywhere and the like. That's one of the reasons why it's so great and successful!

Now, i just watched the new To Love Ru OVA for the new series , and it's ridiculous, might as well make it a hentai.

The manga doesn't really have actual panty shots beyond Mio's infamous scene. Kakifly pretty much leaves fan service to the beach/pool scenes. For the most part anyways.
Now, i just watched the new To Love Ru OVA for the new series , and it's ridiculous, might as well make it a hentai.
hohoho~

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I still haven't gotten to watching the original series, as hard as that is to believe. Not sure if they have anything to do with each other, but it's probably best to start from the beginning.

It's a continuation from each other, To Love Ru and Motto To Love Ru ( which cover the manga ) and now To Love Ru Darkness ( from the new manga series ).

From the manga and OVA, it seems the last one is way more perverted. Like way way more.

We're talking about the Disney Channel in Japan, if I didn't make that clear. Would be cool if they aired K-ON! here on the Disney Channel, but I don't see that ever happening.

The Disney Channel in North America only shows bad live-action teenybopper dramas these days. I don't think they have showed animation of any kind on that channel for years now, especially after The Walt Disney Company closed their traditional animation studio in the 2000's following a series of box-office bombs. It's sad to witness the entirely dead state of traditional animation in the US but not very surprising either TBH. American animation reached it's greatest heights in the 90's with shows like Batman: The Animated Series and Gargoyles, after that it had nowhere to go but to extinction.

Emitan

The Disney Channel in North America only shows bad live-action teenybopper dramas these days. I don't think they have showed animation of any kind on that channel for years now, especially after The Walt Disney Company closed their traditional animation studio in the 2000's following a series of box-office bombs. It's sad to witness the entirely dead state of traditional animation in the US but not very surprising either TBH. American animation reached it's greatest heights in the 90's with shows like Batman: The Animated Series and Gargoyles, after that it had nowhere to go but to extinction.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I don't think i have ever watched non japanese animation. Ever since the end of the 70s we already had animes here on national TV. Albeit censored and dubbed, but at that time, it was better than nothing. It was so cheap to buy that it's all they showed. Afternoon kid's show were full of anime, both good and bad, since the japanese insisted that they bought the shows in packs, so they could make money off licensing crappy animes too!

It seems it's pretty dead now, most channels just show crap now anyway, and anime are relegated to so called specialized channels that show naruto 24hour a day etc.

It's a continuation from each other, To Love Ru and Motto To Love Ru ( which cover the manga ) and now To Love Ru Darkness ( from the new manga series ).
That's what I figured, so I should get on to watching the first series before then.
From the manga and OVA, it seems the last one is way more perverted. Like way way more.
That's what I've heard, lol!
That just proves his point.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Hey, that's pretty good. Is the sketch on the right that girl from Nichijou ?

Wish i could draw too, but then i would spend most of my time drawing sexy art of girls i like.

Top Bottom