• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

That's really good! Her eyes are a little big for my tastes

Yeah I agree, I was more concerned over arm proportions and elbows more than anything (I think I still messed up, meh)

213r5l.jpg

See, it's fun to draw!

It's a conspiracy!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Yes, only darken the lines when you think you got the lines where you want them. And there's nothing wrong with starting over.

That's why i can't do it, everytime i tried to draw something, i would just rip the page, and start over, and over and over until i get bored and go do something else.

I leave drawing to other people, and just enjoy their work!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Thanks for making me feel like some useless trash with no skill with your great drawings!

On a side note, i bought a Vita today, feelsbadman.jpg

Jintor

Most of drawing is putting in just enough lines to suggest to people what they're seeing without actually having to draw it, because then shit just gets complex.

Emitan

Most of drawing is putting in just enough lines to suggest to people what they're seeing without actually having to draw it, because then shit just gets complex.
I want to copy your art style because it looks like something I could actually do BUT I CANT

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Embrace the change! Its my most played console of the last few months.

I have no games for it though, bought it mostly for Miku: Project Diva F that is coming later this month. So for now, it's as good as a paperweight, a pretty paperweight though! Good thing i still have my 3DS for portable gaming ah!

I want to copy your art style because it looks like something I could actually do BUT I CANT

Did you try ? I feel like trying to draw something just to check where i stand, haven't tried drawing anything in years, wonder how bad it would turn out.

oH97d.gif

By the way, here are those group drawings I was talking about (in the order listed above)
I need to do a K-ON one some time. I need to get back into drawing again.
Hey that's cool. Have you ever tried coloring them with photoshop or whatever?
I approve of this thread moonlighting as an art-class!

Good stuff.
Next up is Painting 101
not really
He just makes it look easy.
Did you try ? I feel like trying to draw something just to check where i stand, haven't tried drawing anything in years, wonder how bad it would turn out.

Yes, everyone should draw!

Hands... how do they fucking work?!

Currently drawing (thanks Chet for getting me addicted to this again) and I can draw a hand for the life of me. The thumb is perfect and once I start adding fingers it's like half or 2/3 of a hand. Stupid fingers...

It's not a K-On! character but when I'm done I'd be more than happy to post it in this thread if you guys want.

Articalys

High School Band Contest Planned at K-On! Model School
The local chamber of commerce in Toyosato city in Japan's Shiga Prefecture will be hosting a "Light Music Koshien" band contest on August 25 held inside the former campus of Toyosato Elementary School, the model school for the K-ON! anime's school. 14 bands in total submitted demo CDs to the contest, and four bands from around Japan were chosen to compete in the school.

The four finalist bands are from Shiga, Kyoto, Kanagawa, and Gunma Prefectures, and they will be competing in the second iteration of the event. The first time it was held, five finalist bands were invited to the school from a total of 31 entries. Entry to the school to view the bands perform live at 1 P.M. on the 25th is free of charge.

Kyoto Animation modeled the K-ON! anime's fictional Sakuragaoka High School after the Toyosato campus, which was being repurposed since new school facilities were built. In the year between May 2009 and May 2010, about 40,000 fans visited the campus, and over 1,000 goods were put on display. It is now estimated that an average of 50,000 fans visit the campus each year.
http://www.toyosatocho-shokokai.com/kou2012/index.html

Currently drawing (thanks Chet for getting me addicted to this again) and I can draw a hand for the life of me. The thumb is perfect and once I start adding fingers it's like half or 2/3 of a hand. Stupid fingers...

It's not a K-On! character but when I'm done I'd be more than happy to post it in this thread if you guys want.
Hands can be tricky, but I find them much easier to draw than bare feet.
And I'll be happy to see what you draw.

That's awesome! Maybe one day I too will visit the model school.

Kazzy

I can draw them, although they can be tricky. I can't really draw one freehand (har, har) though, so the problem arises when I'm not using a reference, or directly copying something.

I played music in elementary school ;~;

Word.

Recorder 4 lyfe!

Top Bottom